Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shachi SuranaYour feedback matters!
I am 31, had braces 2 years back however i wasnt very serious with the retainers after the braces were removed. So some gap has appeared. Can it be corrected by putting on the braces again. How long can it roughly take.Is age an issue?
I have some serious problem with my tongue. I have white patches on my tongue. Its been more than a month and it still exists. Please could you assist.
Hi sir or madam. I am 26 years old. I have two problems with teeth, 1. From childhood onwards my teeth colour is yellowish only but everyday I i'll do two times brush. But colour is yellowish only it not changed to white and I feel shy to give a smile in front if others. 2. Bad smell is coming from my mouth. So my problem is normal or abnormal please give any suggestion or advice.
What time will it take for orthodontist treatment for my forward teeth and can braces be used at the age of twenty and what will it cost.
Hi Fecal Bad Breath, started in highschool. Now, 22 in last years of College. Been suffering for about 7 yrs. Took a lot of antibiotics during preteen and teen yrs. I Was treated for Hpylori and Acid Reflux in late teens but didn’t help with Fecal Bad Breath. My Fecal BB can fill up a room. The who farted comments, the it smells like shit, people opening windows, covering noses etc. I however never had Nasal BB or Body odor, it was only Fecal BB when I talked. I have pretty much spent the last years of my life not talking to people other than family. School has been very tough but I’m proud of myself for hanging in there. Nothing helped- I have tried it all- three, Therabreath, Tri oral, chlorophyll, etc You name it – I have tried it. My room is like a mini pharmacy. I have been treated for acid reflux, hpylori, and nothing helped. Other symptoms – Constant bloating and cramps, IBS – Heartburn, bad skin, burning sensation in stomach, white tongue and always a sore throat.
I have a mouth opening problem due to long use of gutkha chewing. Now I have quit the habit almost. But pls suggest medicines.
I am a 30 year old male & I have 2 problem wright now 1. Bad smell is coming from my mouth. 2. Hydraucil without surgery, is there any natural treatment.
Sir I have gum swelling at core of my teeth and I m having problem to eating food. What should I do. Plzz suggest a home remedy solution if possible.
I dental problem in mouth my gums are sensitive and teeth are pain and so request pls suggestion for me thank you.
I had black marks on inside teeth. Hw it can be removed by home remedies. Or it can be removed by dentists please suggest me a solution.
I am having a gap between my front teeth. Its draining all my confidence to face and talk to someone. I wish to start treatment near dentist in order to reduce gap. How much month should I wear clip on teeth for making my front teeth more close and perfect? Please help me.
I have a problem. As mine teeth yelllow colouring their stem. I used several company pastes but it never changed. And both cheeks turns black wounds with scars through brushing. Please tell a method to how can recover this.
My daughter teeth was damaged due to she was eating chocolate every day. Which tooth paste is perfect? Please advise sir.
Some easy steps to do to help your teeth keep clean:
- When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line.
- Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles.
- Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up-and-down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45-degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up-and-down motion.
- Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria which might cause badbreath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.