Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SeshanYour feedback matters!
My PSA level is 10.47 and USG report says that the size of my Prostrate is 73cc. On going through the report The doctor advised me to go for Prostrate biopsy. Though the biopsy report which was done on 09.01. 2016 reveals negative results but immediately after the test was done I suffered UTI infection with blockage of urine. Accordingly I had to be admitted in hospital during the period from 12.01. 2016 to 18.01. 2016. During my stay at hospital I was treated with i. V. Antibiotic (piperacillin and tazobactam) and has been discharged on 19.01. 2016 with Catheter in situ and advised to go for MRI –Prostate. Accordingly, On 30.01. 2016 I have been undergone with MRI and the report is as under I)Prostatomegaly with benign prostatic hyperplasia Ii)Ill-defined T2W hypointense mildly enhancing areas in peripheral zone of prostate right side towards base-PIRADS 3/5. Kindly explain me if there is any possibility of malignancy in the report.
1st question sir Now a days here summer. So I am getting black skin. And dull face How to overcome with my original colour.? Basically I am white. 2nd question. At the age of 18 I got over hair loss. It'scontinually3 years. Till now not stopped. I consulting doctor.. He said lack of iron sakthi. So he made injection for iron power. Every 10 days he will do that. Then he give shampoo named" Ketzi" (ketoconazole &zinc pyrithione medicated shampoo) An then he gave tablets. (mrng two tablets. 1. Rejuhair 2. Frineset. And then He give solution. MINTOP (minoxidiltopical solution usp 2% Mmm. I am using all these. But I getting hair loss till now. Pls tell what I have to do. Give me life pls. I love my hairs. SME times getting over hair loss. Pls tell I will use this or not? What I have to do? Tell me pls.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.