Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SeshanYour feedback matters!
There are certain white spots on my Uncle's body. He tried taking medicines but there's no improvement. The spots are continuously increasing. What should be done?
Orange colour fruits and vegetables like orange, carrot, papaya and pumpkin are rich in beta carotene and vitamin c. These act as systemic sunscreens and anticancer agents.
Is it possible to change my lip colour? I have dark lips and I want to change it to pink. Can you please tell me the cost and procedure?
I have itching in my groin area. Somehow black scales are present. Sir what is the diagnosis and treatment.
I am 28 years old. My skin is dry. I have dark patches in my underarms as well as many part of my body like bumps, inner side of thigh. Please suggest me any ointment to remove these dark patches quickly.
Blood stain from anus and its little irritating, urine in also dark red color. Feeling very tired, kindly suggest to which doctor I should consult.
All drugs carry within themselves the potential to treat and harm the skin. Side effects of medicines are a common phenomenon, with variation in the intensities. Sometimes they are minor and do not require medications; however at other times they may require urgent attention and treatment.
Some allergies caused due to medications that primarily affect your skin are:
- Itches and rashes: Sometimes your body may be allergic to certain type of medications. If these drugs are taken by you then the immune system treats them as foreign invasions and triggers a reaction against them. In certain cases, on consuming a drug that your body is allergic to, a kind of white blood cell called T cells expand. Itching, rashes on the skin are common repercussions in such a scenario.
- Swelling on the face and throat: Often it happens that, on being administered a medicine or an injection, you may experience severe swelling on face and throat. This is an extreme case of medicinal side effect and is commonly known as anaphylaxis. This must be immediately treated and brought to the notice of a trained doctor.
- Blisters: This is also an important potential side effect of a drug. On being administered a drug, you may experience an erosion on the surface of lips and eyes as a reaction against it. Immediate treatment and a visit to the doctor is imperative if you experience these symptoms.
- Swelling of the tongue: If you have high blood pressure and if you take angiotensin converting enzyme, a swollen tongue and persistent cough are the possible side effects.
- Flushing and itching: You may suffer from symptoms of flushing and itching as a possible side effect of the intravenous dyes that are used in the X-rays.
Related Tip: "Should I Use A Lotion Or A Cream For Dry Skin?"
I have black spots as well as pimple on my back, I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes what should I do? Plzz suggest any medicine or cream.
Sesame or olive oil is a great emollient for the skin and so you can use it as a moisturizer. You can make your own facial scrub out of ground oatmeal and almonds and a few spoons of honey. Rinse your face with warm water and then apply a generous amount of this face scrub to your face. Massage your skin gently for several minutes and then rinse your face well with warm water. The oatmeal and honey help to nourish your skin while the ground almonds moisturize your skin. Mashed bananas with honey are a great moisturizer. Soak a small cotton ball in fresh tomato juice and rub it gently on your skin as tomato juice acts as a great natural astringent. Mashed avocado with full-fat milk is a great home remedy for dry skin. Mix equal amounts of virgin coconut oil and peanut oil. Add a few drops of jojoba oil to this blend and then mix in a few spoons of sugar. Massage your entire body with this mixture before your shower. This mixture acts as an effective scrub, removing all dead cells and revealing the lower layer of skin.
You should follow a balanced diet, with salads, dairy products, green leafy vegetables, and fruits as this will help to reduce your risk of hair and skin problems. Yogurt and yogurt-based products, whole grain foods, fish, and nuts will promote healthy hair growth and so they should be included in your daily diet plan. Make sure that you follow a balanced diet plan that contains adequate minerals and vitamins. This will promote skin health and give your skin a healthy glow.