Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Senthurapandian
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SenthurapandianYour feedback matters!
One of the main reasons of a severe headache is a prolonged toothache. Toothaches are extremely painful and can prevent you from enjoying your food. It becomes difficult to speak if toothache is unbearable.
Causes of Toothache:
Tooth fracture resulting from an accident.
Chewing gum continuously and grinding the teeth.
How does toothache cause headache?
Sometimes, a tooth becomes very inflamed and since the nerve endings are connected to the brain, this, in turn makes the pain travel to different parts of your head. Generally, people with bad cavities or caries have major headaches and migraines.
The inside of a tooth consists of a pulp. This pulp can get infected. If this tooth happens to lie in the upper jaw, then the pain is transferred to the head which can cause a severe headache.
Headaches can also be caused by TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction). This usually occurs spreading from the face, jawline and neck right up to the head. In extreme cases, the jaws might be locked up and it makes clicking or grinding noises. Misalignment of the teeth can be a cause by TMJD which in turn affects the head greatly.
- If you are detected with TMJD, your jaws need to be healed, first thing you should do is to visit an expert dentist in order to get the underlying cause of toothache treated. It is always recommended to get a proper treatment started, do not emphasize the use of self-medications.
- If the headache persists due to toothache, it is advisable to take a painkiller as prescribed by your dentist.
- Use an ice pack or a towel dipped in cold icy water, and hold it against the area of toothache. Do not put ice directly on your tooth as it might increase the pain ten folds due to tooth sensitivity.
- You can also apply numbing gel so that your tooth stops hurting. This in turn, will make your headache reduce.
- Toothache is also caused by small amounts of food which get stuck inside your teeth or between your gums, so it is necessary to clean your teeth thoroughly and floss it regularly to avoid toothache.
- Avoid chocolates and sweets. If you still get a cavity, you should visit your dentist immediately.
- Dental abscess also causes headache. In this situation, a root canal treatment is recommended.
I am having difficulty in taking cold things from right side of my bellow tooths. I am 68 yrs man. Advise. Thanks.
She has very yellow teeth, so any teeth whitening products which are easy use and gives good results.
I have mouth ulcers all around the mouth and sometimes in throat also. I had consulted so many doctors still no cure. The pain of these ulcers are affecting my mental health also. These ulcers are not periodical. It comes every time .lasts 1 to 2 weeks and gradually cures. It starts as a small dot and grows into big .it occurs in my lips gums throat and in tongue also. I am fed up with this disease. I couldn't even eat food properly due to this. These ulcers shows both red and white colour in the wound. Bad breath is also there at the time of this wounds. There is 4 to 5 wounds at a time.
I am 21 year boy I am daily used to college for washing teeth, my teeth white and clean (brightness ) but sometimes blow blood from gum. Why what can we do?
2 weeks back I had my wisdom tooth removed & 1 week back stitches removed. Now food is getting stuck in the socket formed. Takes many gargles for food to come out. Using torch I can clearly see left over tooth. Though no pain or blood its really annoying. please help.
Fix Gaps between your teeths at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center
If you have gaps between some of your teeth, you’re not alone !
Diastemata – the technical term for spaces between adjacent teeth – are very common. The good news is, there are several treatment options available if you’re looking to correct these spaces.
Is it necessary to fix spaces between my teeth ?
First, you might be wondering whether it’s actually necessary to correct these gaps. There are plenty of people who famously have gaps in their teeth. However, there are several reasons, apart from aesthetic preference, why you should consider treatment.
1. Difficulty Chewing – When there are excessive gaps between adjacent teeth, food tends to slip into these spaces. Because of this, food is much more likely to be trapped for long periods of time, risking infections, gum problems and cavities.
2. Speech Problems – You’ve probably noticed that gaps in your teeth (particularly your two front teeth) can cause a change in your voice. This is because air passes between these gaps, resulting in “whistling sounds.” If you’re doing a lot of public speaking, this might be an unwelcome experience!
3. Spitting – Another problem with having a diastema is the occasional spitting which occurs during speech. The reason behind this is that saliva flows through these gaps, causing you to spit whenever you speak.
4. It May Get Worse – Probably the worst thing about having a diastema is that, over time, it may get worse. Your teeth will shift as you get older, and having spaces between teeth makes them much more likely to move in unpredictable ways, and faster.
How can I get rid of the gap in my teeth ?
The good news is that these gaps can be easily corrected! There are two main corrective options available: orthodontic or cosmetic treatment.
Orthodontic Treatment – Braces or Invisalign
Get Orthodontic Treatment – Braces or Invisalign at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center
This is the best, and most effective corrective option for a diastema. Braces and Invisalign will gradually close the gaps between adjacent teeth. In fact, this is probably the orthodontic issue that Invisalign is most effective at correcting. (If you’re considering orthodontic treatment and are trying to decide between the two, take a look at our comparison of braces and Invisalign.)
However, orthodontic treatment takes at least six months, so if you’re looking for a quicker solution, there are also cosmetic options available.
Get Dental Implants at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center
An implant is either a fixed or a removable replacement tooth that fits into the gap. This is usually best when the diastema is a full tooth wide. The replacement tooth will be inserted into the gum or bone, and sometimes attached to the surrounding teeth. Dental implants procedure has an extremely high success rate of 98% and is known for its long-lasting benefits. It is, however, slightly more costly than other options.
Cosmetic Treatment Options
i. Bonding – For this procedure, a tooth-colored filling material is applied to your teeth, widening them so that the gap is closed. This can be done in a single visit, and the results are immediate.
ii. Veneers – Another cosmetic option is to attach veneers – very thin shells made of porcelain – over the front surfaces of your teeth in such a way that the gaps are filled. Depending on the specifics of your smile, bonding or veneers may be the preferred option. Either way, the results are immediate.
iii. Crowns – In cases where veneers or bonding are not suitable, we may recommend attaching crowns over the front teeth to correct the gaps.
If you have a diastema, and are considering treatment, reach out to us and set up an appointment. We’ll be able to tell you which options are most suitable for your situation, and what you can expect in terms of time and cost.We have a team of highly specialized and experienced Dentists to deal with all kinds of cases and to achieve the best possible results.