Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Senthilvelan.RYour feedback matters!
I'm an long distance athlete. When I was running 4 months back I got my knee injury. I consulted with a doctor. He just had a x-ray and said bones are fine. Ligament would have teared. So can you find a way to get rid of this pain.
Hello I'm 22 years old male. Since few days I'm having severe pain in my body parts & every day pain varies from one part to another i.e one day it'll be around neck & shoulder & next day it'll be on knee or hands. It's happening since 7-8 days & I don't know why it's happening & because of the pain I'm feeling weak & drowsy. I work in a night shift & sleep pattern changed. Please help me & suggest what should I do.
I am 33 years old suffering from back pain at night when I go to sleep in the morning it will pain to much what to do pls help.
I am 82 years old male. I am suffering from left knee arthritic pain. I have been managing with homoeopathy and pain killers. Now, the pain is becoming worse, making it difficult for me to walk. I want to avoid surgery. Have you any advice?
My Age 24 years Problem is 1 year back she got fibroid surgery and after that she is getting menses 1 month almost 30to35 days and next month 12to15 days this cycle is repeated month to month wat was the problem is there any chance to re appear fibroid. Uterus has not removed in last surgery.
I suffer from saviour left arm pain from past 5-6 days I consulted a doctor he say der is no problem. I also underwent ECG the result is normal. Wat may be the cause?
I am 40 yr old. I have severe backache for the last 2 months. In my mri report I have a diffuse disc bulge at l5-s1. Could I go for operation or it can be cured by taking medicines only.
I Have an Back pain while I woke up in the morning for 20- 30 minutes. Why it is? And what is tha remedy for this?
Good morning sir. My leg is fractured in last accident the last month. what should i do to recover from fracture
I have always back pain by this I am not able to sit for long time because its start pain how can it can be resolved please suggest me.
Torn or damage cartilage is not just a problem for the sportsmen. It can occur to anyone. It is generally caused due to a direct hit on the body parts. Its treatment is far more complicated than a simple bone injury. The best sign to know whether or not you have injured your cartilage is to check out your activities. If you have hurt your joint and don’t notice major symptoms, like if you are still capable of putting weight on and move the joint, you might have had a cartilage injury. It doesn’t hurt you a lot in the beginning, but might get worse later.
Here are the initial care and self-treatment procedure:
- Protection: It is the first thing that has to be kept in mind. You must protect the affected area from any further injury. Thus, providing an external support, for example, use a knee brace.
- Rest: Provide complete rest to the affected joint. The rest is must during the first two or three days. Crutches may help the situation if you’ve got an injury around your knee or ankle. It is then advisable to return back to light activity over the next few days or weeks, as prescribed by the doctor.
- Ice: It is best to apply an ice pack to the injured area for about 15 to 20 minutes in every two to three hours. This must be repeated in the first two to three days.
- Compression: Use a bandage to provide the needed compression to the injured area to avoid any swelling and movement. This will not let things go beyond control.
- Elevation: You must keep the injured area raised. Keep it supported on a pillow to reduce swelling.
If there is an unbearable pain, take painkillers such as paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). If your condition doesn’t improve after the initial therapy, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Physiotherapy: It can be helpful in treating the affected joint. If there is any difficulty in moving the affected joint, you must opt for physiotherapy. A professional will be able to teach you exercises that will strengthen your muscles and provide support to the joint. This will help you in getting rid of the pain. It can be also beneficial at a time when you are recovering from any surgical procedure.
- Surgery: If physiotherapy doesn’t work, it means you have severe cartilage damage. In that case, you might be advised to take up surgical procedures to set things in proper shape. Surgery is done either by opening the joint or by Arthroscopy. There are various types of surgery which can be done. 1st the old and successful surgery wherein damaged part of the cartilage is debrided and filled with normal cartilage from the non-weight bearing part of the joint. 2nd is ACI (Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation) is a 2 stage procedure wherein chondrocyte is grown using stem cell and implanted in defect part in 2nd stage. 3rd is multiple drilling of the area usually done in children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.