Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SenthilYour feedback matters!
My baby is 3 years old n she suck her thumb, when she feel sleep or any free time n after sleep so, what can we do now for this habit.
For children with normal separation anxiety, there are steps you can take to make the process of separation anxiety easier.
1. Practice separation. Leave your child with a caregiver for brief periods and short distances at first.
2. Schedule separations after naps or feedings. Babies are more susceptible to separation anxiety when they’re tired or hungry.
3. Develop a “goodbye” ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or a goodbye kiss.
4. Keep familiar surroundings when possible and make new surroundings familiar. Have the sitter come to your house. When your child is away from home, let him or her bring a familiar object.
5. Have a consistent primary caregiver. If you hire a caregiver, try to keep him or her on the job.
6. Leave without fanfare. Tell your child you are leaving and that you will return, then go—don’t stall.
7. Minimize scary television. Your child is less likely to be fearful if the shows you watch are not frightening.
8. Try not to give in. Reassure your child that he or she will be just fine—setting limits will help the adjustment to separation.
Abnormal separation anxiety needs expert assistance. Consult a psychologist for advise and intervention.
Hi doctor, my daughter is 1.9 years old. She is eating dust regularly despite of stopping her to do so. Recently, when I consultant children specialist, he said that there is a iron deficiency and he prescribed iron tonic and said that she will stop eating dust or clay. But this is not stopping yet all. Also, she is not speaking much except one word'mamma. Please help me in finding solution for her to stop this habit and speak some words. Thanking you,
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
My daughter is 1 year & 3 months old, how to take care of her teeth & gums she has only 4 teeth up & 2 at down. She doesn't allow me to put finger in her mouth to clean. How do I clean her mouth & tongue.?
Respected Doctors:- Question for my daughter:-14 Year old girl (Height 156 cm Weight 46Kg). Every day morning, she is getting sneezing continuously for around 8-10 times within 15 minutes. Also one of the eye gets reddish. When we asked our local doctor, doctor told both sneezing and eye reddishness are only due to an allergy. Doctor told to put a eye drop OLOPAT OD and another eye drop HICool (one after the other after 10 minutes) for one month for curing the redness. For the sneezing trouble, doctor prescribed a tablet Mont air for 10 days. We have put eye drops for 1 month and she has taken the tablet Mont air for 10 days. But still she is getting eye reddishness, even after one month now. Sometimes the reddishness disappear without any medicine, after few hours. Since this issue is continuing, I would like to know (1) What would be possible cause for this issue. (2) Do we need to really worry and take care about this immediately? What is the name for this kind of allergy?(3) Could you please kindly let me know any eye tests to be taken to identify the real issue. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion/help.
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
My baby is 2 and 1/2 month old, we are feeding him formula milk Lactogen 1 from Nestle due to insufficient milk supply from his mother. But at the time of feeding this formula he is crying too much and refusing to take it. He started doing this just after 5 days of his birth. Doctor says that nothing wrong in his health may be he doesn't like its taste. Please suggest me. I am worrying now.
Sir, I have 14 years old son, his body is very slim and chest also burning (Acidity ?)please suggest any solution I want healthy and body pick up , weight also .
Now, today's world is suffering from many unknown ailments, due to our modern lifestyle, diet and many more. One of the most hazardous problems today's world is suffering from is ear related i. E ringing sound or tinnitus with vertigo and hearing loss. So as an audiologist my request and advice to all to avoid unwanted loud sound and protect your hearing by either wearing ear plugs or ear muffs or by avoiding such detrimental situations by wiseness, because tinnitus is mostly related to your duration of noise exposure. Because your health is in your hand. So you people decide.