Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SenthilYour feedback matters!
I am not able to sleep before 3 am. I tried my best but I couldn't. Several times in a day water is coming out of my eye? Suggest me for the treatment.
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.
Hi there. Its been 3 days My left eye is frequently fasciculating. It's feels like my eye is gonna pop out. Please help.
Hi, I have a problem of eye floater in both eyes and I have consulted with some (4) doctors they prescribed me to have medicine with 1 or 2 eye drops yet there is no such improvement. My sight is gradually decreasing in only 3 months (Rt 0.75 and Lt .5) become (Rt-1.5 and Lt 1.0). Today again I have consulted with other doctor and he recommends me to have some test (Hb AIC) OCT modula. 1 thing that is common in all consultation no doctor could examined my eye floater.
My eyes get paining when I see toward light but not daily sometime in happens weekly or sometime monthly. I even consult with eye doctor. My eyes also fine. What should I do so that my eyes will fine. please suggest me some drops or medicine.
My father name is c. Bhaskar rao age-50, my dad is suffering with water stored below the eye he consult number of doctors but no use can you say the solution for this please.
Mu daughter has gray spots in her eyes from her birth. Is it ok or I should consult a doctor. The shots are in white part of the eye.
My eyes are red and its itchy. Everytime I get up after sleep they becomes red and watery eyes. What to do now. I have to study for my exams.
Lazy eye can develop in children if they have vision problems, squint etc. Children less than 6yrs will not be able to tell you about eye problems. It is very important to have their eyes examined even as early as 3yrs. After the age of 8 or 9 yrs treatment of lazy eye becomes very difficult.