Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
My father is a sugar patient for last 7 years. His sugar level is OK but sometimes it reaches to 200 approx. What precaution should be taken further?
I am diabetic from last 5 yrs. My fasting result is between 100-118 average and pp is 150-200 average. I am taking jalra m 50/1000 in the morning after breakfast and 50/500 after dinner. I suffer a lots from uric acid and leg pain. And so recently my physician have prescribed me furic 40. Please provide me a international prescribed proper diet. At one time I was taking insulin human mixtard 30/70 as I was suffering from infection in my operated knee as the blood level was high for one month. There is myth that taking sugar control pills lead to kidney damage in future. Is it true? And taking insulin prevents kidney damage. please clarify.
I m diabetic and on insulin. I m 56 years and regular in walking and exercise. My sugar level is 225 fasting and it does not come down despite my regular exercises. Plus I does not have an erection. Help me.
I am having diabetes. So I wanted to know what should my meal contain and how many times a day can I eat what should it include so it don't cause high sugar level?
My son has hair loss problem. He was suffered from fever and food poisening last 6 weeks back. And his wbc and platelet count also decreased. Now he is suffering from hair loss. 2 days back he take his tsh report. It is 6.1 pl sugget is it thyriod problem or any weekness.
I'm 28 year old male, from past 3 months hair fall started, I had checked thyroid also I don't have it but daily hair fall has increased, need best solution to control it.
Give the reason of increasing nos. Of diabetic patients in india and why it is not curable? What type of exercise should a diabetic patient can perform without any harmful effect?
Eat a well balanced and healthy diet. Reduce the amount of fat in your diet, especially saturated and trans fats. These days all the fats are highly processed. Eat more variety of fruits in moderate amounts, vegetables especially raw as salads and high-fibre foods. Cut back on salt.
Limit take aways and highly processed, fast, & junk foods. ?Convenience meals? or ready to eat meals are usually high in salt, fat and calories but deficient in essential nutrients. It?s best to cook for yourself using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
Take care of your beautiful body's health.
Not being able to conceive a child can be one of the biggest problems for a woman. Infertility also includes not being able to carry a baby full term. Infertility can have a single cause or can be the result of a combination of factors. In most cases, infertility can be treated but in order to do this, it is essential to first understand the underlying cause of infertility.
Let's take a look at some of the things that could be keeping you from getting pregnant:
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes: Pelvic inflammatory disease can cause inflammation in the fallopian tubes and damage or block them. It can also be the result of a sexually transmitted disease. A blocked fallopian tube will not allow the egg to reach the uterus from the ovaries and hence does not allow you to get pregnant.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs and can also thicken the lining of the uterus. Excessive stress and a sudden change in weight can disrupt the production of the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone leading to irregular or absent periods.
- Cervical and Uterine Trouble: This includes abnormalities like fibroids and polyps in the uterus and abnormally shaped uterus. These fibroids could block the fallopian tubes or interfere with the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Endometriosis: This is a condition where the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus. It can affect the functioning of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus thus interfering with your chances of conceiving a baby.
Treatment: Treatment for infertility depends on how long you've been infertile, age, the cause of infertility and your preferences.
Some of the ways it can be treated are:
- Fertility Drugs: Fertility drugs are of many types and are often the first step in treating infertility. If the infertility is caused by ovulation disorders, fertility drugs can help regulate or induce ovulation.
- Surgery: Polyps and fibroids that are preventing pregnancy can be removed surgically to treat infertility triggered by them. It can also be used to treat intrauterine scars.
- Intrauterine Insemination: This involves the placement of healthy sperm cells directly in the uterus and is timed to match the release of eggs from the ovaries. This can be used in combination with fertility drugs.
- Assisted Reproductive: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common assisted reproductive technique. This involves collecting eggs and sperm from the women and man and fertilizing the egg with the sperm cells in a laboratory. This fertilized embryo is then implanted in the uterus.