Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Senthamizh KaniYour feedback matters!
I am a 35 years old male, I suffered bad smell my mouth last 6 months, whether cool & rain season this smell is came, what I should do?
My daughters aged 8 + has some gum problem. She can not bite guava/fruit directly. If the fruit is cut into pieces, then she can bite. If I ask her why she can not bite, she tells that she feels pressure in teeth resulting a bit of small pains in the gum. Please advice What will I do?
Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal. But exactly a root canal procedure is and why is it required?
A root canal means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space.
So, how do you know that you need a root canal. Here are some telltale signs:
- Gum tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated. However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
I need to do a teeth wash. Is it safe n if teeth washing will whiten my teeth? Also please tell me the cost for a good teeth washing in kharagpur?
How to effectively handle work related stress
The statistics on stress at workplace are staggering with half of respondents in studies reporting that they face higher than normal stress levels at work. Stress is a silent killer and can lead to serious health issues like stroke and heart attack. Stress at the workplace could be due to excessive workloads, unclear responsibilities, lack of control, unrealistic deadlines and noisy work environment.
While it is a good thing to be competitive and excel in whatever you are doing, it is also very important to learn to tackle stress and take life easy. Remember, we live only once! here are some simple and effective ways to handle workplace stress:
1. Seek support at work
Research has shown that having one good friend at work reduces the chances of quitting. Sharing your thoughts with another person not only reduces the stress levels but also might lead to discovering new ways to handle tough situations. Take proactive steps to be more friendly and sociable at work.
2. Manage work better
Try prioritizing better and not expecting perfection in every task. In case your role is over-loaded, try talking to your manager to reduce the load or if possible, delegate some work. Accept that you have certain limits to your productivity and do not try to prove yourself by over-working.
3. Get moving
It is a proven fact that exercises in any form reduces stress levels. Try to exercise for half an hour daily in the form walking, swimming, playing a sport or running. You can take short walking breaks at work that can add up to half an hour in a day.
Reduce weight with weight management products &gt;&gt;
4. Try breathing exercises
Breathing deeply for four counts on inhale and exhale can reduce stress levels immediately. You can try alternating breathing exercise i. E. Long inhale with one nostril and exhaling with the other nostril, which brings focus and energy in the morning before starting work.
5. Take a power nap
10 minutes of shut eye goes a long way in recharging your tired brain. Any longer than 15 minutes will end up making you groggy. Just put your head down on the desk, and clear your mind of all thoughts for 10 minutes.
6. Eat right
Food has a big role to play in determining our stress levels. Avoid processed food, sugar and high amount of refined carbs like flour, white rice etc. Maintaining your blood glucose levels by eating more complex carbohydrates that are slowly digested like ragi, jowar, bajra gives you steady energy levels throughout the day.
Take care of your sugar, liver, skin &amp; more with ayurvedic products
7. Get enough sleep
Over-worked employees often cut back on sleep and try to squeeze in work at night. Over the long term, this practice can severely impact your health and leads to more stress. A restful night's sleep of at least 6 hours is mandatory for all adults. Lack of sleep causes irritability and diminished ability to deal with stress. Avoid looking at laptop, tv or phone screens when you are trying to fall asleep.
You have to take charge of your own work-life balance and draw the line where you feel uncomfortable since no one will do it for you. Over-working might give benefits in the short term in terms of recognition and promotion, but it causes emotional, mental and physical burnout in the long term. Stay healthy, stay happy.
I have a dental problem. Whenever I drink cool water or something my teeth starts paining. How can I take treatment for this problem?
I have a teeth problem and one of my teeth has fallen, so please help on this and suggest me a solution regarding this problem.
I am getting bad smell through my mouth while speaking kindly suggest suitable medicine to avoid smells.
I have been suffering from jaw pain since monday. I tried some pain killers but that did not work. What to fo now?
My teeth are full of yellow colour. Now I need to clean it. Is the teeth will in pure white after cleaning by consulting the dentist?
My teeth are going yellow day by day. I don't eat junk or outside food Also I brush twice a day regularly, then why this happened to me? I am also very thin. Please tell the medicines.
Hi. Ten days back I had slept in a wrong position and noticed pain in my shoulder joint whenever I lift it at a particular angle. Later I went a tooth extraction where doctor gave me pain killers to relieve tooth pain. With them the shoulder pain also nullified. Recently before 2 days when I stopped my pain killers course I started noticing a pain when performing activities like head bath or wearing shirt. I approached a physiotherapist who diagnosed it as supraspinatus tendonitis. She recommended me for physio therapy for 10 days where daily session cost is quite expensive. I can use my hand normally but the problem arises only some times whenever I make abrupt motion at some particular angle. As the problem now became mild I can not decide whether to continue physio or stop it keeping in mind its expensiveness. The physiotherapist gave me dry needling in my first session and tomorrow is my second of ten sessions. Please answer me whether I can stop in middle? Is it ok to avoid those huge expenses for a mild pain? Will my condition heal naturally?
1) Heat applied to hair
2) No moisture
3) Tight hairstyles
4) Overuse of chemicals in the form of Shampoo and dyes.
5) Wrong combs.