Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Senthamizh KaniYour feedback matters!
My friend having severe mouth odour once undergone treatment and replace sum part of teeth with cement even though unable to control please suggest some remedies.
I am having problems on my left side teeth or may be muscle it's so much pain that I can't even chew something properly what should I do.
I am 27 years old male. Am facing a problem of bleeding in the tooth gum at the end of last teeth. Currently using red dabur toothpaste. Expecting your suggestions for this.
Hii i am 24 years male.I have my teeth becomes yellow.Idont smoke drink alcohol tea n coffee bt my teeth becomes yellow in colour.On my teeth i found a small spots.Please advice me for this problem ?
I am 55 years old, while sleeping my mouth gets very dry with the result I hv to consume water 5 - 6 times in the night resulting in bad and breaking sleep. Pls advise.
Sir I am getting sensitivity in my side side teeth especially I I take something cold and lesser when taking hot or warm!
Bleeding from gums is very common sign reported by many patients while brushing or flossing. Can u avoid an important sign your body is giving you. what to do now????
Bleeding gums can be caused by improper brushing, food accumulations, lack of vitamin-c, or pregnancy. First thing that you need to do is report to a dentist. They will schedule an appointment for teeth cleaning and may be some gum treatments if required.
Secondly have a rich fibrous intake and have lots of juicy fruits like Amla, Oranges, Pineapple etc.
Thirdly make sure you brush twice and your dentist might add a medicated mouthwash to your daily regime.
So no longer worry but do not ignore such an important sign.
Hi, I am udayan. I live in kolkata. How can I make my teeth white. Also I have a gum problem. Which toothpaste is best for me.
Mera root canal kiya hua dadh bolte hai usko wo hai. Usme root canal kiye 3 year huye hai usme side me choti si fodli hui usko dentist KO bataya to usne x- ray nikalke dekha to usme paru ho raha he. So uske liye kya tritment ho Sakti he? Dant ka tritment ho ya dant nikalna hi padega. Hard dant he so kese hoga?
I am 20 year old and my one testis was large and other is small what will do And my teeth is yellowish color but I brushed daily.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.