Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SengalvarayanYour feedback matters!
My father is 54 years age. And his creatinine level is 9 due to high bp. What will be diet chart of him?
My father who is 87 years old have the problem of burning after passing urine for last 20 days. The problem increases in the night.
I am having itching in groin. I applied "clotrimazole" ointment. There is some relief but not total elimination of itching. Please suggest course of treatment.
A muscular bead has been developed around her anus before a year almost ,now it troubles her by a soft pain. What is this and what should she does for this?
I am having hemorrhoids for past 1yr and I'm using smuths ointment. But the problem is that is not healing properly. When I eat chicken or paratha the blood starts to come from my rectum. What will I do.
My son is 5 years old. He had a urine infection at the age of 1.5 years. This ITI continued off and on till one year. Later we discovered a whit patch (filled with pus) at the top of his glans. We cured it using some ointment advised by a general practitioner. Since that UTI has not returned till date. During the treatment one of the doctors said my son's foreskin is tight. He advised circumcision. He went on to say that tight foreskin was the reason of reappearing UTI. He also said that the urinary bladder is not able to empty the urine at one go. This can damage the kidneys. But I was reluctant to send my 1.5 yr old child under scissors. Then suddenly it got cured by a normal family physician. Now I have only one issue. My child bed wets almost every night. Is this bcos of tight foreskin? do you recommend circumcision at this age? is there any exercise (like pulling the foreskin back n forth) that can help loosen the skin? any ointment that can help. Let me tell you that other than bet wetting my child has no other health issues. He is absolutely healthy. Kindly advise.
Hello doctor, in morning if I go for urinate am getting some bad smell in my urine. And even if I did not drink water also urine odour was like very bad and from past 1 month it was during bad. Do I have any problem .please clarify me doctor .Thank you in advance.
OPINION REPORT-SLUDGE IN GALL BLADDER WITH MICROLITHIASIS LEFT KIDNEY? LEFT KIDNEY-Shows normal size and position and texture, corticomedullary differentiation is good, No focal or diffused lesion with FEW MINUTE ECOGENIC FOCI SEEN IN MIDDLE POLE SIZE 2.9 MM, no hydronephrosis.
I am having pea size lump in the anus area. I feel it during stool discharge. I don't feel pain it is there for a long time. I have consulted doctor he told me it it is prolapses. Will it effect me or I will face any problem in future.
I have kidney stone problem. What medication should I do? Also tell me If there is a way to increase my height as well.
Suffering from urinary tract infection. What medicines can I take for this? I am taking shilajit capsules right now? Is that ok?
Hi. I feel burning sensation While peeing from this morning and I seriously don't know what's wrong. I swear it's very painful.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.