Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupuncturists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Selwyn ThomasYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 year old guy. I have a lean body and not able to gain weight after several attempts. I do not want to use supplements. Please suggest me something related to my diet. I am a working professional.
I am suffering from cough n cold. My nose is blocked for that so I can't desperate well. Also my knee is suffering from pain.
Know what you lose by not eating these top 6 seeds?
The common adage ?best things come in small packages? must definitely have been made keeping those tiny seeds that are a power pack of nutrients. If you aren?t eating these nutrient powerhouses your body is badly missing out on some essential nutrients. Crunch into good health with these 6 miracle seeds mentioned below.
1. Chia Seeds ? Were you looking for an alternate to milk for your body?s calcium needs? Go for chia seeds. They contain three-five times more calcium than milk. These nature?s wonder regulates blood sugar and is therefore very good for diabetics. Chia seeds contain boron that is needed to aid the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus in bones and for muscle growth. Known to be the whole-food source levels of Omega-3 acids they are essential in absorbing fat soluble vitamins such as Vit. A, D, E, & K. You can have them early in the morning with a glass of water. When baking, chia gel (chia seeds when soaked form a jelly substance) can be used as a substitute for butter.
2. Flax Seeds ? Adding flax seeds to your regular diet can help with cleaning the colon. This is because they are a rich source of mucilage that assures a healthy intestine and proper absorption of nutrients. They contain the good fats, Omega- 3 essential fatty acids that have heart-healthy effects. Recent studies have shown that these nutty flavored seeds may have a protective effect against breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer. It helps women who have excessive bleeding during menstruation, have PMS symptoms and irregular periods.
3. Pumpkin Seeds ? Rich in zinc, magnesium and other beneficial minerals, the pumpkin seeds offer a host of health benefits. Our bodies are constantly trying to achieve a state of equilibrium at a pH of about 7.4, which is slightly alkaline. This is the only seed that is alkaline forming. It is good for prostate health and also helps prevent kidney stone formation . High content of Vit. B in them nourishes the nervous system and regulates sleep rhythm. Roast or toast them, the sweet or chilly way depending on your taste and enjoy a handful of them everyday.
4. Hemp Seeds ? If you are a vegan, pick these up to fulfill your body?s protein requirement. They are a complete protein and contain all of the essential amino acids. They are a more digestible protein than eggs, meat and milk products. They provide an array of minerals like zinc, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium. Add a handful of them to your smoothies to enjoy a creamier, healthier and more satisfying drink.
5. Melon Seeds ? They make an ideal snack and also add a nutty flavor to salads and pasta. A rich source of iron, vitamins and these cream colored seeds are great for your health, skin and hair. Boil a handful of watermelon seeds in water and drink this water every day like tea. It is said to control the blood sugar levels. Eating them regularly can keep pre-mature ageing at bay. Low in calories and high in fiber they are your friends in weight loss.
6. Sunflower Seeds ? Munch on some sunflower seeds and benefit from their high nutritional value. One of the rich sources of Vit. E they help to prevent cardiovascular disease, boosts the immune system and also promote healthy skin, hair and nails. Owing to their high content of dietary fiber, sunflower seeds eaten raw can aid in digesting food and even cure constipation. It also contains copper which is vital for maintaining a healthy skin.
I'm very weak I want some suggestion from your side please tell me how I can become healthy and strong.
I am very thin, wana gain weight nd built good physic. Bt im vegetarian so can not eat meat, egg, fish which are rich in protein so gve me advice wat to eat and stay healthy.
2 years back I was suffering from chest T.B and and my weight falls down to 47 kg. i have completed my 9 months medicine course. But my weight is still not increasing. What should I do to increase my weight?
I am 22 years old how can I increase my thinking and brain capacity and it is very important noway days so I am feeling some what lazy and during my working hours and feeling very weak and dull how can I tolerate this problem? And what type of food items can I take in day, and how can I make fit my body with full of energy.
I want to become little fat, I am trying to become fat from 5 years but I cant, because I am a sports person and daily I do exercise and all.
The obesity epidemic around the world is getting worse day by day, though people are getting conscious about their health as well and a major portion of the fitness industry has grown around weight loss. It is easier said than done as many people lose their motivation for weight loss somewhere along the journey. There are however, some really easy steps that you can follow to ensure that you achieve your goals without them being too taxing on you.
Let's look at 5 easy ways to lose weight quickly:
1. Take walks, as frequently as possible: Without setting duration, it would be a good idea to incorporate walking into your schedule as often as possible. This will feel like less of a work out, but will still burn off many of the calories. Here are some things you can practically do:
- Take stairs whenever possible
- Do house cleaning chores, such as mopping or cleaning as regularly as possible as these are great calorie burners
- Park your car a little further away and walk to your destination or meetings
- If availing public transport get off a few stops earlier and walk to your destination.
2. Drink water right before meals: This is a great way to reduce portions automatically as drinking water right before a meal will fill up your stomach and result in you feeling not so hungry. Once your meal portions are reduced and continued over a long time this will help you lose weight.
3. Instead of focusing on foods you don't like, increase foods you like in your diet: This is very true of most diets as people tend to start having cravings when they deny themselves of food. Thus it is advisable to slowly change your diet overtime and incorporate healthy options such as certain fruits or low calorie snacks that you like and slowly replace the unhealthy options.
4. Use TV time as a quick exercise opportunity: If you are sitting in front of the TV, you can start a small regimen of doing a few free hand exercises when the commercials come up. Use everyday objects near you as weight or as support platforms to do exercises while you don't have to pay attention to what's going on screen.
5. Remember it is the journey rather than the destination, which matters: Many people tend to get engrossed about the end result and give up midway. You should remember that small things done correctly overtime can help you lose weight quickly and help you keep it off which is equally important.