Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupuncturists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Selwyn ThomasYour feedback matters!
Can I eat banana with milk after 1 hour of dinner for weight gain. please tell me the benefits n side effects of following this remedy. Coz my height is 5'8" n I am totally underweight of about 56 kg. So please tell me that the thing I am doing is right or have to do any other thing.
I have tried many diets to increase my weight or muscles? But none of the option fulfill my need. Suggest me some healthy tips to improve my weight?
Day by day there is weakness in my body and getting tired while working in front of computer. Plzzz help.
I am suffering for full body pain long time. I visit many doctors but no relif get. When I eat some oily food then pain grow up automatically. I can not understand what can I do.
I am 18 year old male give me a good diet for a good and fit body or tell me what should I have to do to gain weight.
I have two knee pain when I stepped our 1st floor residence and our roof-top stain, I feel some pain. Actually my age is 58 years, my height is 5 ft 3 inches and my present waight is 67 kgs. Kindly advise me at the earliest what medicines should I take, my food habit should be and what type of excerise should I take henceforth.
My age is 18 years 5months. And I m very thin-35kg. My height is also short (5ft 2inch) I am get tired when I do some few works. please give me right suggestion.
I am 23 years old male and I am suffering from low stamina. I quickly become tired while playing or doing any work. What kind of food I should take to avoid this?
How can I be strong n fit without gym and how can I maintain my stamina boz I m always feeling tired.
What kind out vegetables and fruits are good for healthy and glowing skin. Can you recommended a diet plan for such.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you:
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and is rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin B and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.