Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Selvi Radhakrishnan
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi RadhakrishnanYour feedback matters!
What is the symptoms of mouth cancer. My uncle was chewing tobacco from a very long time they left it just before a year ago but there is little white ulcer in there mouth which happen to them regularly. From past few months.
My father is diagnosed with stage 4 advanced liver cancer with primary site Pancreas (cholangiocarcinoma). Have given 4 cycles of going, and then 4 cycles of Nanopacli. After these cycles, reports and scan was done. No changes. And hence we decided to stop chemotherapy. Now, after 2 months, back pain has increased and becomes intolerable at night. What shall we do and should we continue chemotherapy? Please advice.
My father is 80 years old and is presently suffering from enlarged prostate for the last 15 years. Is it advisable to go for operation. OR can depend on only medicines.
I have ovarian cancer here is my report Gross description: a: section from the left fallopian tube unremarkable. B_g: section from the left ovarian cyst shows a cyst wall lined by mucin secreting cuboidal to columnar cells. The stoma is infiltrated by milagiant glands, pleoniorphism, high NC ratio, hyperchromasia, prominent nucleoli. Mitosis is around 2-3/hpf. Extensive areas of necrosis is seen. Gross description: outer surface gray Brown in colour capsular rupture is not seen. Cut section show mucinous fluid. It is uniloculated cyst smooth inner surface focally solid hemorrhagic to muncious area seen Diagnosis: left ovarian cyst: laparotomy Left ovarian cyst: muncious cystaderocarcinoma TNM Stage T1a FIGO Stage IA Can I need chemotherapy or not or is there any chance of recurrence?
Skin cancer occurs when the DNA of the cells undergo mutations, thus causing unsystematic cell growth which evolve into a cancerous mass. This abnormality stems from the over-exposure of your skin to the Ultraviolet Radiations of the sun.
However, there are other factors too that escalate the risks of skin cancer.
- Fairer skin tone: Inadequate pigmentation or melanin content in the skin offers less protection against the harmful UV radiations. Having red or blond hair or light-colored eyes makes you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Sunburns: A history of sunburns can often be the root cause behind skin cancer.
- Excessive exposure to the sun: If you spend a considerable amount of time under the sun and especially if your skin is not protected by clothing or sunscreen, you tend to get a tan. A tan is the skin’s response to extreme UV radiations.
- Moles: Abnormally large moles, known as dysplastic nevi, are more likely to turn malignant. Watch out for any change in the texture of the moles, which is one of the most important symptoms of skin cancer.
- Family history: According to studies, genes are considered to be one of the causes behind skin cancer. Hence, a family history of this condition could spell trouble for one.
- Personal history: Having suffered from skin cancer previously in life could endanger one even more.
- Pre-cancerous skin injury: Skin lesions, also known as actinic keratosis, make you prone to developing pre-cancerous growths on the skin. These could appear as scaly rough patches, ranging from brown to pink in color. They usually crop up on the hands, head and faces of people who are comparatively of a fairer skin tone.
- A weak immune system: People having a poor immunity system, including the ones affected by HIV/AIDS or are on immunosuppressant drugs which follow any organ transplantation have greater risks of developing cancer.
- Exposure to radiation: Radiation therapy is an often used treatment method for treating various skin conditions such as acne and eczema. Having been exposed to radiations, one could be indisposed to this condition even more.
- Exposure to certain chemicals: Exposure to certain substances such as arsenic might increase your vulnerability manifold.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is cancer spread through blood and air? How we get sure that one caught by cancer? Is it curable totally?
Enlarged prostate is 26 cc in size, Please suggest some medication to reduce the size. I am taking Veltam plus for reducing the size.
Cancer has become one of the common problems in the present day.
The fact is that any one can be diagnosed with cancer at any point of time. Should we really fear once we are diagnosed with cancer. About 30 years ago even tuberculosis was deemed a deadly disease but today tuberculosis has no such stigma and gradually we have realized its curable. Similar scenario is with cancer too. We are able to cure more than 30percent of cancers. Rest 50percent we are able to have a long term control just like diabetes and hypertension. Si the take home message is get out of the stigma and realize that cancer can be cured and can have a long term disease control.