Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Selvi Radhakrishnan
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi RadhakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My ultrasound report says- Liver- is mildly enlarged however of normal echoes GB, SPLEEN,PANCREAS, BOTH KIDNEY, urinary BLADDER AND PROSTATE are NORMAL. IMPRESSION- 1-mild nonspecific hepatomegaly. 2-Mild gaseous distended small bowel loops seen in mid to lower ABDOMEN. 3-Wall thickness and peristalsis of small and large bowel loops are normal. 4-Grossly normal scan of kub region and rest of abdominal organs. Plzz sugg. Me.
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cancer is the most dangerous and harmful disease of the world, which has various reasons to affect the body in any stage of life. This is also the good thing to know that there are a lot of treatments available in the medicine arena which can completely or partially treat cancer. But the individual and the family members of them need to be confident enough with the treatment and expertise of the doctor. Blood Cancer is a life taking disease and the treatment for it is must. The medicines should be start recovery from any age of the sufferer and stage of the disease. The treatment will have some side effects and fast to react to symptoms and should be affordable as well.
As said before that the symptoms of different types of the cancer vary but some general symptoms are there which are found in most of the cancer patients.
- Sudden weight loss
- Sudden changes in skin
- Unusual bleeding
Haematology is less known, but a very important branch of medical science. This branch is concerned with the study of blood, blood diseases and the blood-forming organs as well. Treatment based on the Haematology for blood cancer can be quite successful as compared to general remedies. The modern Haematology made cancer easy to cure, comfortable and side effect less. This cost effective method of cancer cure give relief in lesser time and assures the improved quality of life as well. That is the reason that people around the world trust on treatment based upon Haematology because the treatment has all the basic qualities that made it the best cure for cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a hematologist.