Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My father is 65 years old, he is thyroid cancer pationt and surjary in 2012. Next every 6 monts treet in radio iodine theropy. Is ok but still 1 month back pet scan report his cancer spred metastatic in lung & bone. 15 days back radiotion in bone. Next how please tell me.
Dear sir, our neighbour was facing a critical problem please advice to solve the problem. She is 51 years old. Two years back she had taken a treatment for urinal cancer at kurnool govt. Cancer hospital. All off sudden recently she was suffering with stomach pain that too at toilet time. Finally what she found that the potty came from vagina not from anus. Due to these she suffered with pain. Advice please to solve the issue.
Hi I am suffering from right breast pain to right hand from last one year and also consulted to the doctors they maid many tests like X ray and ultrasound even ecg but every thing is normal.
I'm male in my 30s n Been on 30mg for last 4 years and it's been fab as my anxiety and depression went completely apart from usual day today feelings - had xmas from hell with bereavements and other family members having cancer plus I've got child number 2 due anytime now - my doctor said to up my.
My prostate size has gone to 146 gms. Urination in the mornings is intermittent. Please suggest some medicine for free flowing urination and reduction in size of Prostate gland. Rajan Tandon.
Blood came with urine once on Sat 26th Sep. Did CT scan THAT SHOWS enlargement of prostate and thickening of Urinary Bladder. Urine test was also done. Puscells 1.5- 2 and RBCs were found. Physician has prescribed-- antibiotic first and then Anti bacterial-(Martifur and Musran 600. Now as on today Oct 5. Feeling good. No dripping after urinating. No light burning sensation after peeing. Please tell me what should be the next step. Should I get the urine examination done again to check RBCs and puscells to see if Bladder infection is under control. Physician says that BPH is not that high that I would require Alpha Blockers. I do understand that if blood in urine is found again. I would need to get Kidney Profile done. Scan shows both kidney are good in size, shape and no stone or any flaw.
I am 29 years Male. In Mar14 I had occasional blood in my spit with no cough. After three months there was swelling in my parotid gland. CT scan and FNAC was done for the neck and it showed sialadenitis in parotid. The swelling subsided after taking medicines. In Sept’ 14 during my follow up of parotid, a nodule was detected in the thyroid. USG showed size of nodule as 12*6*6 (in mm). FNAC was performed on the thyroid nodule first in Sept 14 and then in Nov 15. First FNAC showed “Adenomatoid nodule with cystic degeneration” and second time inconclusive because of sub-optimal cellularity. Current size of the nodule as of March 16 is 13.7*9.5*7.2 (in mm). In addition to this I can also feel lympnodes in the submandular region for some years. These lympnodes are moveable. As of March’ 16 the largest size lympnode is in right submandular region with the size of 13*8 mm. There is no weight loss, fever, cough, fatigue etc. Blood in spit continues to come occasionally. What could be the reason?
Breast cancer begins when the cells that are present in the breast start to go out of control. These cells generally form a tumor which can be seen on mammogram or one can feel it as a lump. The tumor is threatening if the cells can grow into the tissues that surround it or spread to other areas of the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in ladies. Here are a few methods with which you can prevent breast cancer-
- Keep your weight in check: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for everyone although, it is easy to tune it out since it is said so often. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active: Women who are physically active for almost or at least 30 minutes a day have a lower danger of breast cancer. Normal activity is additionally one of the ideal approaches to keep weight under control.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables and Avoid Too Much Alcohol: A balanced and healthy diet can bring down the danger of breast cancer. Attempt to eat a considerable measure of fruits and vegetables and keep liquor at moderate levels or lower. While moderate drinking can be useful for the heart in most grown-ups, even low levels of intake can build the danger of breast cancer. If you do not drink, don't feel you have to begin. In case you drink modestly, there is less risk.
- Try not to Smoke: Smokers and non-smokers alike know how undesirable smoking is. It brings down a person’s quality of life and expands the danger of heart and lung diseases, stroke, and no less than 15 types of cancer, including breast cancer. It additionally causes bad breath, awful teeth, and wrinkles.
- Breastfeed, If Possible: Breastfeeding for almost one year or more brings down the danger of breast cancer. It additionally has extraordinary medical advantages for the baby as well, especially in terms of immunity.
- Keep away from Birth Control Pills: Contraceptive pills have both dangers and advantages. In many cases, the more young a lady is, the lower the danger is. While ladies are taking birth control pills, they have more chances of falling prey to breast cancer as per various medical studies. This danger leaves rapidly in the wake of stopping the pill. The danger of stroke and heart attack is increased while on the pill, especially if the woman smokes. Long term use can likewise have essential advantages, such as bringing down the danger of ovarian cancer, colon tumor and uterine cancer and undesirable pregnancy. In case you are exceptionally worried about breast cancer, staying away from birth control pills is also an alternative to lower the risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
I am 25 year old and I smokes cigarette everyday. Now I coughing early morning and split blood mixed saliva. Actually I have been coughing since December 2. And I didn't take any medicine. So I think it happens from any type of infection. After that I take a blood test. The result was total count 16000 and the wbc is decreased. Is it any cancer symptom?
Can I continue to use complementary therapies, take herbal remedies or vitamin supplements when I'm on chemotherapy?
Cancer can affect even small glands like the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are responsible for the production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone. These glands are located above the kidneys and have two parts; the cortex and the medulla. Adrenal cancer generally affects the cortex of the adrenal glands. This type of cancerous tumour is rare and can be difficult to diagnose.
Most adrenal cancer symptoms are triggered by an excessive production of estrogen and androgen. Symptoms can also be caused by the pressure put on other organs by the tumour. Adrenal cancer symptoms are most easily noticeable in children as this is the stage where the body is changing and developing. Some of these symptoms are:
- Facial hair growth
- Excessive pubic and underarm hair
- An enlarged penis or clitoris
- Early onset of puberty in girls
- Development of enlarged breasts in boys
Symptoms of adrenal cancer in adults includes:
- Excessive weight gain in the abdomen and above the collar bone
- High blood pressure
- Irregular menstruation
- Easy bruising
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Muscle cramps
Additionally, men with adrenal cancer that causes excessive estrogen production may notice an enlargement of breast tissue and tenderness in the area. Women suffering from excessive androgen production triggered by adrenal cancer may notice their voice deepening and facial hair growth. In most cases, adrenal cancer symptoms in women do not appear until the tumour presses on other organs. This includes symptoms like pain around the tumor, a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and difficulty eating because of this feeling.
The cause of adrenal cancer has not yet been determined, but conditions such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis and multiple endocrine neoplasia can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. A thorough physical examination and a detailed medical history is required to diagnose this disease. The doctor will also need a blood test and urine test. Additional tests that may be required include:
- Biopsy of the tumor
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- PET scan
- Adrenal angiography
Adrenal cancer can be cured if diagnosed in its early stages. There are three types of treatment for adrenal cancer; surgery to remove the adrenal gland, chemotherapy and radiation. However, adrenal cancer can recur and hence it is important to schedule and maintain regular check-ups with your doctor.