Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi RadhakrishnaYour feedback matters!
Im having this problem of wet cough and sneezing daily. If I touch my nose, I start sneezing. When I wake up in the morning I cough alot and remove lot of phlegm from nose. Which medicines should I take. Im taking cifran 500 as antibiotic and deriphyllin retard 150 and 10 mg of cetrizine. Please suggest me good medicines apart from the mentioned.
I am vishal kumar 23 year old I want to ask a question that from last 2 year my throat is feeling shrink type m feeling sometime uneasy due shrinkness and cough is also regularly coming it is very thick as compare to general cough.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Please tell me basic symptoms of pilonidal sinus such that if that symptoms are not noticed then it should not be sinus.
1. Relieve sinusitis: when the air is too dry, sinuses don't drain and function properly. According to many ent experts, adding humidity to the air is generally good for sinus health especially if you're regularly suffering from congestion and sinusitis.
2. Heal faster: whether it be a cold, asthma, or allergies, a humidifier keeps your nasal passages lubricated, which helps speed up the healing process when you're under the weather. For people with bad allergies, there are humidifiers that are specially designed to purify the air as well.
3. No more nosebleeds: another reason keeping your nasal passages moist and lubricated is essential is to prevent nosebleeds. If you're regularly experiencing nosebleeds due to your dry climate, it's worth a try. Many people have found that it makes a huge difference.
4. Alleviate snoring: the moisture from a humidifier keeps the throat from drying out and relieves the intensity of that annoying snoring sound. If you or your partner is a snorer, the added bonus is that (at least) one of you will be sleeping more soundly.
5. Support beautiful skin: soothe dry skin by sleeping with a humidifier on through the night. In the morning, you'll notice not only that your face looks more supple but also that your hands and lips don't feel dry and dehydrated.
Before you go out and purchase one, learn about the differences between warm and cool-mist humidifiers.
Palpitations is the feeling that you experience when your heart beats abnormally. Heart palpitations can be felt in the form of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats. They can be frightening as when you palpate, you heart beats so hard that it even skips a beat and the sensations are so strong that they can be felt all through your chest, neck, and throat.
Palpitations are also common especially in young people because of abnormal electrical circuits in heart from birth. However, they may have normal hearts on Echo. Such palpitations are curable by a nonsurgical methods called Radiofrequency Ablation.
Palpitations can be triggered as a result of a number of reasons like stress, certain medications, exercise etc.
Here are a few prominent causes of heart palpitations.
Causes unrelated to the Heart -
- Anxiety, fear, and stress
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs like caffeine, nicotine etc.
- Consumption of street drugs likes cocaine, amphetamines etc.
- Certain medical conditions such as thyroid, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure and low sugar levels etc.
- Hormonal changes that occur as a result of menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain nutritional and herbal supplements
- Certain medications like asthma inhalers, diet pills etc.
- Abnormal levels of electrolyte
- Sensitivity to certain food items like some carbohydrates
Causes related to the Heart -
- Coronary artery disease
- Prior instances of heart attack
- Congestive heart failure (a condition wherein your heart's chambers get affected)
- Problems associated with the heart valves or the heart muscles
Immediate Relief Mechanisms-
It is crucial to go to the most easily available doctor to get an ECG done during palpitations as ECG will give an exact diagnosis, which helps in identifying the clear line of treatment.
Here are a few techniques that can help you in getting immediate relief from heart palpitations until you are able to visit a doctor in case of a serious condition.
- Cough it out
- Splash cold water on your face or take a cold shower
- Practice slow, deep breathing exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
How to overcome asthma while giving asthalin 2.5 ml respulses through nebuliser every 4 hours along with other medicine of asthma,inhaler, acidity and pain killer ? There is relief for about 3-4 hours after taking nebuliser but then again asthma starts.
I am suffering from grade 1 tonsil. I always feel like filled throat with sputum even after eating fruits. What should I do.
Coughing is pretty much a normal body reflex which is also natural, this method ensures that lungs, throat and our airway will keep them clear of any foreign body from entering them however it has to be understood that anything in excess is not good. Constant coughing is said to be pretty irritating hence should be treated at the earliest.
Some of the symptoms which have to be looked out for in order to know if there is any need to treat it are:
• Absence of phlegm
• Dry and itchy throat
• Weaker immune system
The reason as to why we get hit with this dry cough as identified can include:
• Sinus infections
• Viral infection in the respiratory tract
• Allergy to any smoke or dust
Dry Cough With Natural Remedies
Treatments for dry cough can be prepared easily at home, which are given below:
1. Almonds, sugar and butter:
• 7 soaked almonds
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp butter
Peel off the skin from soaked almonds in the morning and crush them into paste to which butter and sugar has to be added. Mix this well to eat every day morning and evening to cure the dry cough.
2. Basil leaves, honey and ginger:
• Handful basil leaves
• 1 inch ginger piece
• 3 tsp honey
Make paste from basil leave and use 1 tsp of this to be mixed with 1 tsp of ginger paste after which this mixture has to be sieved through in order to get juice from it. To this juice now add 3 tsp of honey and mix it well, take 1 tsp of this mixture 3 times every day.
3. Turmeric powder and carom powder:
• 1 glass lukewarm water
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp carom powder
Mix all the ingredients well to be consumed twice every day.