Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi ParthibanYour feedback matters!
I am just 22. How can I grow hair naturally in my bald area? And also if I stop masturbation does my hair will grow again as before?
I have acen and regular pimples on my face. And it left black marks on my face. From last year onwards these pimples are coming out. I am very sad my face is looking bad and bad. Please suggest.
I am 55 yrs there is formation of between foot and knee no itching but formation of little wounds just like small cut. I seek your guidance and suggest remedy thro any medicine
I have red eyes and in my face there are so many pimples and rashes so what we do please tell me sir?
I am suffering from the problem of hair fall due to this my hair getting thinner and thinner. Can you please suggest me a medicine to getting my hair back.
I am suffering from rose coloured eruptions on my body. How do I get cured. It has spread to my wife and my son. Reddish in colour. Itching so much. 2 months have passed. Not taken medicine. Help me. What doctor should I prefer.
My hair fall just started 2 years ago and still it didn't stop falling, consulted so many doctors but everyone said maintain your diet, eat healthy food, eat sprouts, beans and I took treatment in some clinics and hospitals also but no medication worked for me. --->my top of the scalp pains when I press slightly and mostly hair falling from that portion, so I think I have some medical problem. Can you recommend me if I need some lab test and what are those tests I need to do so that I will be happy and it May help me.
Following a proper skin care regime ensures a flawless skin. You cannot enjoy a beautiful, supple, flawless skin without taking good care of it or putting much effort into it. Giving energy and time into taking good care of your skin will result into soft and alluring skin. However, sometimes despite a proper skin care regime, your skin looks dull and unhealthy. This is due to the habits you have incorporated that ruin your skin as a consequence and make it look drab.
Mentioned below are 5 habits, which are terrible for your skin and should be stopped at once:
- Washing your face with harsh cleansers: Most people who are prone to oily skin resulting in acne and pimples, resort towards cleansers and exfoliators to dry their skin out. While this seems like a great idea in theory, the cleaners end up removing the beneficial oils produced by the skin and destroy the skin's natural protective barrier.
- Using products stored in jars: Skin experts and dermatologists believe that tube packaged products are much better than products stored in a jar. This is because most skin care products contain antioxidants, which break down when repeatedly exposed to air and sun, thus making your products less effective with every use.
- Skimping on sleep: Apart from benefitting your mood, energy levels and metabolism, sleep also rewards you with a beautiful skin. It keeps dark circles away and makes your skin glow. Lack of sleep causes stress and generates free radicals in our skin, thus harming it.
- Using cotton pillowcases instead of satin ones: Your collagen breaks down due to persistent pressure of your face into your pillow, which is traumatic to your skin. Avoid too much friction by opting for satin pillows instead of cotton ones. Moreover, if you are prone to acne, wash your pillows every week to remove the buildup of residue that accumulates on your sheets.
- Talking too much on the phone: Studies show that bacteria gathers on the surface of your phone, which is why you must clean it every time you talk over the phone or talk to them on speaker. Phone applies pressure on your face, which traps the oil and causes zits.