Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Selvi Parthiban
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi ParthibanYour feedback matters!
Hi,I am 45 yr male having pain in both toe nails. Both nails are a bit curve shape & thick to clip. Earlier it where normal,but from past few years it has bent from one side & have became thick. It pains when pressed and also while clipping. Also painful while wearing certain shoes.please suggest some remedy. Thanks
I am 21 years old suffering from a skin disease from my childhood onwards. It goes on spreading on my body and on my face. I have shown to many doctors. Some said it as Epiloia and some said as Keloid. But I don't know what is that. I m fedup with the medicines. And I am losing my hair very badly. Kindly suggest.
I am having sudden hives on my face skin near side temples & forehead mostly. These are also itchy. Pl suggest remedy.
My age is 21 and my face was pimple I want my face was clean Wholes on the face I want my clean and soft please tell Best medicine name.
My hair from the front of my head are thinning and hair fall and dandruff problem is severe. Also hair line has been receded around 1 cm of my forehead in 1 year, can I get my healthy hair back, and is it possible to have dense hair as before, in place of thinning hair, after any treatment?
I had little bit of black Marks on my face and some its irritate me to toch it and scratch it so what is the solution dr.
Hair fall is a very common phenomenon that plagues millions of people around the globe. Most of us take vitamin supplements on a regular basis as it improves the health of our hair and skin. But if a balanced nutrition of vitamins, proteins, minerals and fats is required to enhance the result which can only be ensured by Cyclical Nutritional Program (Hair Fast) along with regular vitamin intake. Read on to find out how exactly do the various vitamins help your hair:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin controls the production of retinoic acid in your hair follicle. It is not only helpful for skin care but stimulates hair growth also. It is immensely fruitful in moisturizing your hair and keeping it healthy. Vitamin A is usually found in sweet potatoes, carrots, tuna, lettuce, mango, sweet red peppers, green leafy vegetables and spinach.
- Vitamin B: Variants of this, such as B12, aids in hair growth by managing stress. Vitamin B is found in fruits such as oranges, papayas, and beans.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin helps you absorb iron from the food you eat which is an absolute essential for hair growth. It also boosts the synthesis of collagen that is required to repair the damage and sustain the structure of your hair. Fruits such as papayas, guavas, lemons, sweet lime, orange, kiwi and vegetables such as broccoli, yellow bell peppers and leafy vegetables are replete with Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin rejuvenates the hair cells in order to form new hair shafts. Vitamin D is found in dairy products, mushrooms, soy milk, tofu and cheese. Vitamin D is also naturally made by your body when you expose your skin to the sun and is called the sunshine vitamin.
- Vitamin E: This aids in stimulating capillaries and enhancing blood circulation on the scalp. This additionally contributes to hair growth due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant content. Certain foods loaded with Vitamin E are pumpkin, broccoli, aloe vera,olive oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, avocado, tofu and spinach.
- Vitamin B5: It is also known as Panthenol, is a vital ingredient that is used in medicines to regulate hair hall. Foods enriched with Vitamin B5 are sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, avocados, cheese and mushrooms.
Other Ways to Help Hair
We have gone over the vitamins that may be important for the health of your hair. Besides various Vitamins, amino acids, minerals like iron, calcium, fatty acids and selective antioxidants play a significant role in hair regrowth and maintenance. Plus, lifestyle changes can help just as much. Try:
- Cutting back on gels, blow-drying, and brushing hair when wet
- Lowering your stress levels by exercising at least 30 minutes a day
- Drinking enough water, 6-8 glasses a day
- Being mindful of the foods and drinks you consume, the products you use, and the way you manage stress can all help improve the well-being of your hair.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!