Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi ParthibanYour feedback matters!
I often get white spots on tonsils. Due to this I get throat infection. How to prevent white spots from coming?
I am 32 years old. I have dark circle. I have tried so many things but nothing happened. Now am fed up. Please suggest me some best. Thanx.
I have pimple problem and pigmentation also from the age of 19. Within 2 months my marriage fixed. What should I do to clear my face?
My she- dog has an open wound. Should I do the dressing from betadine everyday? Also, what should I do make her skin odorless?
I am 24 year old female and have little bit dark skin. So any treatment? How to reduce Melanin. What should I do?
I'm just 18 years old boy but I really look and feel too dull, I act really slow, my face even looks dull, I don't Drink, Smoke then also I look like a Alcoholic or Chain Smoker, I act too much slow, dull and lazy, my face really looks too much dull, How should I restore my energy, I've tried all type of face wash, Ayurvedic,alopathic still I look Dull, I have Tried Everything Redbull, Urzaa,Rio, Monster,Fresh Lemon Juice, Badam everything but Still I don't feel active and fresh, I have Fatty neck and Face too How I suppose to reduce it.
I am 27 year old, suffering from fungal infection for 7 month, but problem are still. Air group of medicine are allergic.
I have black spots and pimples on my face and other body part what I have to do and what are the precautionary measures.
I have pimples on my chin from past 4 years I used some creams and soaps but no use pls suggest me a good one.
Pimples not going . Oily food chorh diya. Night me bhi sone lga hu. Water jada pene lga. Homopethuc med li thi jb tk vo ki jb tk thoda sa diff jrur tha but not completely. Completely nai ja skte kya?
Hi, I am 21 years old and in the recent time I have experienced a serious hair fall. I don't have any family history of hair fall neither from dad's or mom's side. I don't use oil at all nowadays is that could be reason that my hair is getting weak?
Ian suffering from heavy hair fall due to severe dandruff I have doubt that I have psoriasis what is the precautions to take.
Hi I am suffering from hair fall problem I think lot off people suffer from this problem don't understand reason behind this problem kindly suggest something.
Sir /madam. There was hair fall issue wid me since I was 18. And it was noy consistent.. In december of last year. I saw dansruuf in hair, there was huge hair fall.. Then I used oil mixture of coconut, castor nd almond, in 1: 2; 2 Nd at initial stage there was huge loses whenever I oiled.. I use this mixture 2ice a week. After using for 2 months. I left it.. After leaving it I saw noo hair fall.. In dt course of tym. I did not use any hair oil.. But now I am using patanjali coconut oil and aloevera gel 3rice a week.. An d while using gel I seee hair fall., my hair is curly, messes, dry... So teel me some remedy to. Make it. Smmoth, thick and pewvent hair loss, and stimulate growth.. I also want to knw whether regular exercise can prevent hair fall?
I am 22 year male. I have a very low beard growth. It is limited to chin area. Kindly suggest. My height is 5.11 and weight 85.
Enlarged pores can make a face look really unappealing and sweaty. But the good news is that there are a lot of methods available to tackle them. From making the pores smaller to completely eliminating them, here is a list of some fantastic remedies.
Some homemade remedies:
- Baking soda mixture: Baking soda not only helps to reduce pores, it also helps in fighting acne. This can be used every night for the first week and 3-4 times a week thereafter.
- A mixture of lemon and pineapple juice: A cloth drenched in lemon and pineapple juice when applied on enlarged pores, can help them shrink over a period of time. Ensure that you rinse your face with water after a minute.
- Wash your face: Washing your face twice a day is necessary as i stop pores from getting enlarged. Bacteria, oil and dirt enlarge the pores a great deal. Washing the face at least twice a day will reduce the pores.
- Ice-cube treatment: Ice cubes can be applied on the face daily for 5-20 seconds. They not only reduce pores, but tighten the skin as well.
- Yogurt mask: Since yogurt contains probiotics and lactic acid, it is a great weapon for fighting acne and enlarged pores. The yogurt mask shouldn’t be used more than once a week though.
- Healthy diet: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a prerequisite for getting rid of enlarged pores. It is also necessary to consume lots of vitamin A, B and C on a daily basis. Consuming a lot of water and staying away from caffeine also goes a long way in fighting pores.
- Sandalwood powder mix: Sandalwood paste made with water is a great remedy for enlarged pores. The paste should be applied and kept that way for 10-20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Papaya and banana peels: Papaya and banana contain papain and bromelain enzymes respectively. Rubbing their peels on the face can greatly help in getting rid of pores and blemishes.
Visit a dermatologist
Most dermatologists prescribe topical medicines, which have to be applied on skin or pills for consumption. Depending on the level of pore enlargement, a doctor decides the medicines. Mild antibiotics are often prescribed for patients with enlarged pores blemishes.
Dermabrasion: This is a method where a doctor scrapes the upper layer of the epidermis with a wire brush to get rid of pores and blemishes. This procedure comes handy if the face is affected by scars.
Dermaplaning: This method is similar to dermabrasion. The only difference being that in the case of dermaplaning, instead of the whole upper layer, only the affected part of the skin is removed.
A cortisone injection: This is considered to be the last resort for pores and blemishes. The swelling from the blemish immediately reduces as soon as the injection is pushed.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.