Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Selvi Mahalakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi MahalakshmiYour feedback matters!
This is one of the best answers which I read, because it explains the science behind the most important thing which makes our life good:
I am rich, fit, and I have mastered almost everything I wanted to master. Why am I still not happy and still not satisfied?
It starts like this.
“human happiness (as we know it) is caused by 4 basic chemicals:
On your journey to become fit, your body released'endorphins' to cope with the pain of physical exercise.
You probably began to enjoy exercise as you got more into it, and the endorphins made you happy - temporarily.
On your journey to become rich, you probably completed many tasks and goals.
You probably bought all the things you’ve ever wanted. Nice cars, beautiful clothes, and a perfect home.
This released'dopamine' in your brain when you achieved your goals and bought these things, which once again contributed to your happiness - temporarily.
So what about the other two chemicals?
It turns out that human happiness is incomplete without all 4 chemicals constantly being released in the brain.
So now you need to work on releasing serotonin and oxytocin.
*serotonin is released when we act in a way that benefits others*.
When we give to causes beyond ourselves and our own benefit.
When we connect with people on a deep, human level.
Writing this quora answer is releasing serotonin in my brain right now because i’m using my precious time to give back to others for free.
That’s why you often see billionaires turning to charity when they have already bought everything they wanted to, and experienced everything they wanted to in life.
They’ve had enough dopamine from material pleasures, now they need the serotonin!
Oxytocin on the other hand, *is released when we become close to another human being*.
When we hug a friend, or shake someone’s hand, oxytocin is released in varying amounts.
Oxytocin is easy to release. It’s all about becoming more social!
Share your wealth with your friends and family to create amazing experiences.
Laugh, love, cooperate, and play with others.
That’s it my friend!
I think it all comes down to the likelihood that you are missing two things:
'contribution and social connection”
This answer teaches you about an important aspect *which helps us to win the game of life*.
I took pregnancy test today. My period was three weeks late now. This is the 5th time I used a pregnancy test. All NEGATIVE. I am upset because my period is 3 weeks late already. We use the pull out method. No sperm came in coz we always make sure. Besides all tests are negative. When I am using the pt, I urinated in my hands. My hands are dry. But im not sure if it is clean. But it is dry. Some drops of water I think. But it is dry. The instruction says put 3 drops. But I accidentally put 4 drops. The result is negative. Will the result be altered because of I put the urine ob my hands and I add 4 drops instead of 3 drops? Or I am not really pregnant since this is the 5th time I got a negative result and roughly no sperms came in?
Sir, I tested my sperm yesterday and the results mentioned below Total sperm concentration-78 million/ml Percentage of motility-80% Progressive motile (Grade A)-50% Non progressive motile (Grade B)-30% Immotile-20% Vitality -85% Normal morphology -80% Abnormal morphology-20% Head defect -5% Neck defect-10 Tail defect -5% We are planning for baby since 1 year but my wife not able to conceive since she is having pcod problem. Is there any problem in my sperm count whether my wife able to conceive. Kindly advice. Whether we need to consult a doctor.
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I am smelling something often these days. I couldn't describe what kind of smell it is. It happened some years back too. But everything was normal after some days. But now it again started. Suggest me what should I do? Its really a strange feeling.
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycles, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi, I am 23 year old newly married guy. My wife recently pregnant. What different stage I should go for tests. Is there a health plan for pregnant woman.
Hello Doc, On 16 July Me and My girl Spent some love moments together but did not do intercourse, just done touch, rubbing from out side with use of protection. After that of 9 days on 25 July she got her periods too. And then we did not do anything. But now (in august) her periods are not coming. Its being 6 days over of her date. What is the reason. Any chance of Prag? Does it need to prag test? What should we do? Please help.
Hi. I am 23 years old and m taking endoreg tablet for 3 months that is from oct. 2017 for endometriosis cyst. Now m experiencing periods since 10 nov. 2017 till now. May I know the reason why this is happening to me. And because of this thing I'm feeling very low. And weak.
Don't 4 - 4. Don't drink alcohol
Alcohol may greatly impact your baby's development. Women who drink alcohol while pregnant could deliver a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome (fas). Symptoms of fas include low birth weight, learning disabilities, behavior problems, and lagging patterns in terms of growth and development milestones