Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Selvi MahalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having PCOS since 4 months now. Started with delayed periods since May then I consulted Gynac in June After ultrasound got to know I have PCOS. She asked me to have Normoz for 3 months and gave some Vit. Dand folic acid. Again need to meet her. Quite tensed. Planning to have a baby since Jan still not succeed .I am obese and cannot shed weight too. I am broken now.
Dear sir, My question is if pregnant lady can't eat properly because she always get vomit sence what we do can you please tell me the answer sir.
I want to conceive and I got married 10 months back. My husband had masturbations habit. And I am suffering with ovarian cyst two months back but now the problem is cleared in the last scan. Is it problem to conceive? Or can we take any treatment?
I am 27 years old Female I am suffering from diabetes last 4 years. From last 4 years I am insulin depended. Now I am pregnant from last 4 months. But my sugar level is not stable its to high.
Hello! Doc. S Group And Good morning everyone. I'm 20yrs. Old and I have a baby also 0.5years old and I'm also feeding to her so in this situation Dronis 20mg is suitable for me or not and how should I use it./Doges for me. And My period starts from 6 per month.
My periods is not stopping even after taking trapic e. It's my 15th day now. Stopped trapic e on day before yesterday
I am having my periods last month according to my date. After having sex. But this month I am having 1 week later and there is no flow in my vagina during periods only I getting pain.
After undergoing piles surgery my weight is increasing n size of tummy are also increasing, m also having hypothyroid n irregular periods, please help how to get periods regularly n reduce my weight n tummy.
Hi doctor I am 23 doing PG, I am in relationship and had unprotected sex with my partner ,then he gave me unwanted 72 pill within 72 hours. Now I am spotting few blood drops before my actual periods date ,is it normal? Another question he always refuse to use condom and says he is not getting proper satisfaction. Nd he always come in me without protection. Now please tell me how many I pills I can take during one month. I am having sex with him every last date of weak. What to do please suggest me.
Sir/Madam My wife has been operated with major surgery for delivery of a baby. How many days should I wait for having sex with my wife? Please educate and suggest me in this event.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello doctor. I am 28 years old female got married before 2 years. Try to conceive but not capable and also I have pcos problem so what should I do.
I am working women. I am working as assistant professor. My job timing is 10: 00 am - 5: 30 pm. I have 16 month old baby. I feel always fatigueness. What can I do so I become more energetic everyday. My age is 31 year.
Hi I have polycystic ovaries. I'm 24 years old got married two months back. Doctor suggested me to take OOSURE Forte tablets for 4 months twice a day. Can I proceed? Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
I am a 24years female. I am having some menstrual problems like its not regular for eg. Sometimes its on time bt sometimes its twice a month or skips a month. And I am also having thyroid. And another problem I am facing is that I am suffering from hairloss and obesity also.
I am 31 yrs old female, unmarried. I want to know will I face any problem if I have pregnancy in 34-35 yrs of age. Also, I have problems of weekness and feel tired very frequently please let me know what should I do? can I take any vitamin supplements or anythg I can do to keep my body healty for preganancy
I'm observing blood during defecation since two days. Though I experienced no pain or any kind of inflammation. It feels like bowel movement is causing those few drops of blood to come out. I never experienced this before. Can you please help me to get rid of it and do let me know the reasons why am I experiencing this,
1. It has no side-effects, whatsoever.
2. Easy to be taken even by non co-operative
Children. Small sweet pills, drops, powders --- a
Dream of patient and doctor!
3. Easy to manufacture on mass level in large
Quantities, even at short notices as in epidemics
. No panic of shortage.
4. It is cheaper. So suitable for mass distribution
And government and charity supplies.
5. It is holistic in approach, so cures pt perfectly.
Gentle cures, no medicinal hang over. Or after-
6. In an expert's hands, it is very accurate and fast
[ though many thinks it to be slow].
7. It has prophylactic value with more accuracy
Than vaccinations and that too without side-
Effects of vaccines.
8. It has a great working in trauma, burn, stroke
, mental shock.
9. It is very much effective in veterinary field.
Since, animals have higher body weight than man
, so medical doses and costing are forbidding.
10. It has a potential of wide coverage of
Specialities like paediatrics, skin, gynaec and
Obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, etc.
11. It has scope in agriculture and fertilizers