Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SelviYour feedback matters!
I'm a 28 year old woman and have been trying to conceive for the last 1 year but am not able to. Both mine and my husband's test reports are fine. What should I do?
Hi, i'm 42 year old female, today morning my breast leaking milk from breast but i'm not pregnant and I have 14 year old son. After that I didn't got pregnant, please tell me why this breast milk coming and its coming from both the side. Is it a serious problem?
Doctor my age is 23 so we are trying for 2nd baby first one c-section she is 2years 4months now. I removed coper-t also now 10months over we are trying regular monthly but no luck till now why sir? My periods started after 1year delivery over so this reason only or what sir tell me I needed my baby 1year 9months now I stopped 6months over.
I have taken blood beta-hcg test for pregnancy, a week after day of missed period. It was < 1.2 miu\ml. Can I confirm pregnancy or was it too early to take the test, as I took it 37 days after lmp?
I want to conceive a baby .after some test of follicular study they asked to do laparoscopy. I still confused about this test.
I got married 7 years back we have a baby girl of 3 yrs. We want to plan one more baby boy. please suggest some tips and is it possible to have baby boy.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
IF I am having sex with my bf only once and marrying some one else after 5 years will he will get to know I am not virgin nd how sex affects body if i did only once before marriage.
I'm suffering from pcod . What should I prefer to do to reduce the effect of pcod ? My weight is increasing day by day.
I want to do sex with my girlfriend. But I don't know which is the safe period or when I do sex with her so that she will not get pregnant. Please tell me which is the safe period, how many days before or after of her period? Please sir tell me in details. Thank you.
Good morning. Maam, My gf (21 yrs) had her periods on 9 Jan and v had unprotected sex on 23 Jan. She had an I-pill to avoid pregnancy. Her periods were supposed to come on 4th Feb, bt she didn't had it. She did her pregnancy test bt it came negative. I need your help to enlighten the situationThank you.
I am 24 years old girl, have regular intercourse with my boy friend, now I am going to get married with another man, please advise me what should I do so that my husband should not feel any thing which indicate that I had several intercourse in the past.
What if I take so much pain killers for period cramps? For eg I take 5 tablets during 1 cycle so is it harmful?
Sir my palm is very hard. Like a rock. If I can shake hand with any person. They said oh. Howz your hand like a rock. Its so hard please explain wht can I do.
I have taken abortion pills after 5 days of my due date and after taking pills I have a little bit bleeding and then my period was stooped please suggest me what to do now should I take one more kit of abortion pills I can not go to the gyno coz my family does not know about this please help me.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.