Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SelviYour feedback matters!
How to loose weight especially how to reduce belly fat fast? Actually day by day my belly seems lil bigger nd I wanna make my belly flat help me. And tell me what is the perfect weight for me if my height is 5 feet 6 inches.
Please help me - I am suffering from depression and mental confusion since 2 years, like I know that what is right, but my mind speak to me that this is wrong and I feel mental confusion and this situation increased day by day, Which affect my study and my life, and all the time I feel heavy head and low energy level and I feel anxiety and fear all time, so please sir/mam help me please.
My hair is getting start turn into white colour and I think about to colour it with the use of godrej colour. Is it good give me advice.
Hello sir, Sometimes I'm getting small pain near th heart. At that time the time heart side weight is more. For that what I have to do? Thanks in advance.
What is the reason behind the reduce of bleeding days during period? is there any problem in future? What are the measures need to be taken?
Hi this is prasad need some help .am 36 years old male, suffering from anxiety and some mental health problems.
Hey Doc, I am 23 year male. I had an unprotected oral sex with a girl of unknown status on 25th june and I got viral on 21st september (after 13 weeks) which make me uneasy for more than 2months (fever for 4 days and then weakness all over my body, after one month persistent sore throat, body aches, cough, sometimes night sweats and white tongue etc). I got my self tested for hiv on 24oct, 9th nov, 10 dec (cmia) all came out negative but still today I have white tongue with some burning sensation at its tip No else symptom is there but sometime I got rash on my chest and sore throat. I am scared. I feel my lymphs are swollen. Please please help me.
Hi. After contacted with my husband I got lots of bleeding in my personal part , I was so worried now , what happened next now , I have to take any Medical treatment or what?
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.
Homeopathy has a number of uses. It is a popular form of medication since it has negligible side effects. Homeopathy can even be used to help reduce weight and maintain a healthy BMI or body mass index. However, do not expect a miracle. Homeopathic medicines act slowly and it can be quite a while before you notice physical changes.
As with any homeopathic medicine, no one cure fits all. When prescribing homeopathic medication for weight loss, a doctor will need to understand your detailed medical history, lifestyle and overall constitution. Homeopathic medication to lose weight works by stimulating metabolism. Thus, in order for the medication to be effective, it needs to be accompanied by regular exercise and a controlled diet.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is prescribed in cases where weight gain is due to thyroid problems and when fatty tissue is accumulated in the abdomen. They also have a slow metabolism and often suffer from constipation. It can also be prescribed to women suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease to trigger weight loss.
- Natrum mur: Patients who have been prescribed natrum mur for weight loss have usually put on weight due to chronic stress and depression. Their weight is often concentrated on the thighs and buttocks. They also often suffer from anemia. Natrum Mur can also be prescribed in combination with Ignatia when weight gain is triggered by depression.
- Lycopodium; This is used mainly in cases where excess fat deposits are concentrated on the thighs and buttocks. These people often suffer from indigestion with common complaints of flatulence and constipation. They are also very irritable and prone to overeating. Lycopodium and calcarea carb are often prescribed together to trigger weight loss in patients suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Nux vomica; A sedentary lifestyle is one of the most common causes for obesity and excessive weight. In such cases, nux vomica is an effective form of treatment. People who can be benefitted by nux vomica often also suffer from constipation and intolerance to cold drafts. Nux Vomica can also be prescribed in combination with Alumina.
- Antimonium crudum: This is usually prescribed to obese children who have a tendency to overeat. These children also often suffer from indigestion alternating between diarrhea and constipation.
- Graphites and Sepia: This is usually prescribed to women who may have put on excess weight due to menopause. They can be used on their own or in combination depending on the personality of the woman and the symptoms showcased. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
From last 7 years I'm suffering from pimples. I have consulted doctors but didn't get a genuine cure for it. Please let me know what I should do.
Cardio exercises at home is the best way to lose a ton of weight without even hitting the gym. It not only elevates the health but also improves mood and lowers depression level. It additionally helps you in performing better in the work. But people have this common misconception that cardio only means working with gym equipment but in reality there are some cardio exercises at home that is easy and doesn’t include any equipment.
There are various kinds of skipping but cardio exercises that consist of skipping includes bringing one leg to the opposite arm and then doing the same with the other. But maintaining the skipping position.
Quickly climbing the stairs up and down is another way to increase theheart rate. It is very beneficial and can be done anywhere.
Taking the knees high:
In this cardio exercise all you have to do is stand in a steady position with hips and legs apart from each other and bringing up one knee higher as possible and then again taking it down. Change the positions and continue the same.
Inching to the floor:
Try and lie down in the floor like in a push-up style but make sure you start from a standing position. Before going to the lie position try and touch the floor with your fingers like you would have done it while bending. Then come back by touching your feet.
Kick your butt:
This is one of the famous cardio exercises at home. Start by kicking your butt with your heels. Make sure your posture is straight and at the same time keep it light.
Jumping is another form of cardio exercise. Just keep your legs together with your hands positioned on the side. Jump and keep your feet on the sides and raise your hands over your head. Before jumping again make sure your legs are together followed by your arms.
Lift up the heels:
For this exercise left up the heels about an inch from the ground and make sure the upper portion of your body is relaxed. You can move or shuffle the position as you like.
Climbing the mountain:
Just do it like you are climbing a mountain. Bring your one leg towards your chest and keep the other behind. Keep the hands on the floor positioned, follow the suit, change positions and repeat.
Plank style push-up:
Position your body like you would do to a plank and position the same in the ground. Bring your body up like you would do while doing a push-up.
Push-up like a diver:
Start from a stand and do a push-up like swooshing from front to up with chest down and face. Repeat the same. But while coming back make sure you bring your hips out and face down.
These were some of the cardio exercise at home. But it is important to do the same to notice results.