Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Hematologists in India. You will find Hematologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SelvarajanYour feedback matters!
My father suffers from acute pain in his left arm. The pain starts from his shoulder and covers complete arm. The pain is so immense that he face great trouble even in wearing shirts. Please provide a solution?
Doc does not matter how much I am tired and feeling sleep I am never able to sleep in the day time. In the night only my body rests but not mind. Always I feel mentally exhausted. Whole night my mind process thoughts please please help.
- Make your bedroom an inviting place. Keep the room free of clutter and distractions. Be sure you have the right bed and mattress for your needs. The wrong mattress can lead to musculoskeletal problems and sleep disturbances.
- Use the bed only for sleeping and sex. Avoid use of the bed for watching TV, eating, working, or any other activities. If you do wish to use the bed for a bit of nighttime reading, read only pleasure books in bed.
- Therapists often use 'reconditioning' as part of a treatment plan for insomnia. With this method, people are 'reconditioned' to associate the bed with sleep. If you find yourself unable to sleep at all, get out of bed and move to another room, so that you only associate the bed with sleep and not with wakefulness.
- Establish a regular sleep-wake cycle. Your body will learn to set its internal clock to your schedule and will eventually respond to internal cues to become sleepy at a given time and to awaken at a given time. A good way to begin this is by getting up at the same time every morning, even on weekends.
- Don't nap. No matter how tempting it may be, an afternoon nap can make falling asleep at night even harder. 'Extra' sleep on weekends can also throw off your regular sleep schedule and worsen midweek insomnia.
- Limit your consumption of caffeine in the afternoon and evening. Remember that eating chocolates and drinking cocoa and colas also are sources of caffeine.
- Watch your alcohol intake. Don't drink any alcoholic beverages in the few hours prior to going to bed. Excessive amounts of alcohol at any time in the day can also disrupt sleep patterns and lead to unsatisfying sleep. Cigarette smoking can also worsen insomnia.
- Fit in some exercise during the day, but don't exercise strenuously right before bedtime.
- Eat light meals in the evening. Eating heavily in the evening or eating just prior to going to bed can disrupt your sleep.
- Establish a 'winding down' ritual in the evenings just prior to bedtime. Try to free your mind of distracting or troublesome thoughts and engage in a relaxing, enjoyable activity like reading, listening to music, or watching a pleasant film.
I am having pain in my feet from some days, usually I feel pain when I walk more a and the pain is persisting for 10 days.
I am suffering from some shoulder problem since 12 years back my shoulders bent backward so what I have to do now please reply me?
Consume food less in purine content like cornflakes, white bread, pasta, flour, milk and its products, eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, green veggies and fruit juices.
Strict no to all high purine foods like meats, seafood, beas, peas, lentils, spinach, cauliflower, mushrooms, beer and other alcoholic beverages.
My hand is paining since last 10 days and have a swelling since the same problem what is the fastest cure for this problem.
I am 29 year old and facing heel pain from last 2 month. When I sit for more than 15 min then I am facing this problem. I am not able to walk due to heel pain. What should I do?
Dear sir my problem is when I wake up in morning & put my leg on earth then I feel pain in my heel of left leg please suggest me what is the causes.My age is 40.
I have ligament tear. Suggest me some how to cure it and anything for rehabilitation. How much rest should I take?
My age 34 years. Im a IT Employee who works in nightshirts between 6 PM to 2 am. basically I use to sleep 5.30 Hrs a day and I use to sleep on right side on bed. I want to how to take care of my self to fit more and whats the best practices and whats the best duration of sleeping hours. From morning 10 AM to midnight 3 am I use to ask except 1 hr small nap in mid afternoon. Kindly advise me and God bless you.
I have full body pain from yesterday. N felling sleepy every time. Feel like depressed. Is this because of weather or it have any other health issue. Please rply soon.
How sleeping less than 6 hours affects your health
After being awake for almost 14-16 hours, our body demands sleep. Minimum sleeping time required for a healthy mind and body is 7-8 hours. Although, this duration varies according to age. Because generally speaking, where a child can sleep for 12-14 hours, grownups can sleep for not more than 9 hours. Sound sleep is very essential otherwise, it can be harmful for our health. Let's see how sleeping for less than 6 hours affects our health.
- Headache, weight gain and poor vision: When you sleep for less than 6 hours a day, it can not only give you headache all the time but can lead to a poor vision also. And if continued for a long time, may hamper your eyesight. The lesser you sleep the more weight you gain. And after-effects of gaining weight could be even more hazardous.
- Memory loss, heart disease, infection: Sleeplessness can have an adverse effect on one's memory too. A person may find it difficult to remember even simple things. Also, infections can take a longer time to heal because sleep is something that stabilises and balances everything that goes wrong while we are awake. If we don't get proper sleep, the process of healing takes longer. Lack of sleep can also elevate blood pressure which ultimately affects the heart.
- Urine overproduction, stammering and accident: Sleeping slows down urinating process but when you are awake for longer hours, you might have to urinate more than usual. Lack of sleep can also make you stammer while speaking. If lack of sleep continues, you may not be able to communicate properly. When you do not have sound sleep, your mental condition would not be stable because of declining concentration. You can be accident prone if you drive in such a condition.
These are just a few of the ill effects. Sleeping for less than 5 hours is far more dangerous than you can even think. From behavioural to mental to physical effects, it can harm you in many more ways, So, have a sound sleep to avoid complications in life.