Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Selvaraj R
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Selvaraj RYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am 21 year old. Just at the ending of both side mandible I have irregular lymph nodes. It is from past few months they don't cause pain mostly but causes discomfort in neck and headache. I pain in both of my ears even I can't clean them. There is tingling and squiggly sensation in face. Please suggest me what problem I have I have very much stress.
Sir, sometimes I feel some dizziness and sometimes, I get in a angry mood, giving a mood swings very much. Don't know, even sometimes I feel like I'm gonna fall this instant! Can you please tell me what's happening to me?
Hi, My total bilirubin is 1.5, direct bilirubin .4, ast 25, alt 25, gamma gt 25, ad ratio 1,4 is this normal. Last month I have taken antibiotics for my soar throat.
I am 25 year old male I had sore throat problem and from yesterday and pain in throat while swallowing food or while drinking liquids some sort of itching sensation will be there in throat please kindly suggest me solution.
I am a 16 years old guy I have sinus from last 2 years. I want a quick medicine for it. So plzzz provide me that medicine as earliest as possible. My name is Pranay kadam.
I am 60 years old. Since last 15 days, I have been suffering from -----burning in stomach, mild pain some times, after eating and drinking of water, I get burp and along this burp liquid comes out, some time with yellowish colour, some time it also contains food stuff which is eaten by me. Dry burp also comes. Since then I am also suffering with nose congestion, throat congestion. I have to pull the mucous of nose through throat. Because it does not come by nose blowing. Mucous also comes from throat. I am very much annoyed with this throat condition and congestion. Whether both these symptom of acidity and throat has any relation with each other. Dr. please help me. Dr. has given me biochemic 25 for remedy. Whether it is ok.
I am suffering from throat pain since last 5 days it is very difficult to me to cough so please help me to over come with this problem.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!