Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Selvaraj.Your feedback matters!
My eye detect black spot when I see any thing. Sir please tell what is the reason behind it and how I can reduce this spot. And my lens no is -1.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells. It has a greater concentration of growth factors and other cytokines that can stimulate healing of soft tissue and joints. The concentration of growth factors can be 5 to 10 times greater (or richer) than whole blood and has been used to encourage a brisk healing response across several specialities, in particular dentistry, orthopaedics and dermatology. Once this is accomplished, the concentrated platelets are re-injected into the damaged area like the knees, elbows, shoulders, hips and even Achilles tendons.
PRP therapy is a relatively new procedure - It was first developed in the 1970s and first used in Italy in 1987 in an open heart surgery procedure, but scientific and medical research shows that it is safe to perform. Because of that, it’s steadfastly on its way to becoming the primary means of treatment in many different medical fields such as cosmetic surgery, dentistry, sports medicine and pain management, most commonly treating hair loss (and other things, like injuries). Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment is frequently called stem cell treatment due to the fact that it behaves as bringing in cells from a person’s own body, which can then actually differentiate into either tendon, cartilage, or ligament cells.
Use of PRP in Dermatology
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) helps you harness the natural aesthetic powers of your own platelets to augment your facial rejuvenation. When done properly, PRP creates impressive results both as an isolated procedure or when incorporated into a treatment plan with hyaluronic acid fillers, neuromodulators, volume restoration and technology. The major advantage is it can be done in the clinician's office and produces virtually no downtime in the treatment of wrinkles, melasma, and acne scars. Exceptionally, there is some downtime when it is used to treat the lower eyelids. The aesthetic benefits it generates are dramatic!
Skin Rejuvenation and Ageing
The goal of PRP skin rejuvenation therapy is to improve skin tone and texture, tighten skin, and soften lines and pores. The PRP, injected into specific areas of the skin, act as a matrix that promotes your own collagen to grow, regenerates tissue, and thus acts as to naturally smooth and tighten the skin. Results begin to show 3-4 weeks after the treatment session and continue to improve with time. Three treatment sessions are generally recommended, spaced 1-2 months apart, to achieve the best outcome. In this way, PRP softens wrinkles and creating smoother skin texture and tone, thus making you look younger!
Acne, Scar and Ulcer Treatment
PRP is used to correct pitted acne scars on the skin. You may have heard about this acne scar treatment technique, which is also known as the “Vampire Facial,” as it has gained popularity amongst celebrities and beauty insiders. Once the platelet-rich blood is injected into sites on the face with acne scars, the concentrated platelets release a host of beneficial growth factors that help to promote healing and stimulate regrowth of collagen and elastin. PRP can also been used as an adjuvant for improving the viability of grafts for the treatment of recalcitrant ulcers, with good results.
PRP might not be a panacea or universal cure, but it could turn out to be a miracle treatment nonetheless! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
She has alot of small small black marks on her face from last 6 to 7 year what can we do for remove it.
I am a salesman, My work is field work, So I spends my 3 or 4 hours per day in sunlight, That's why my skin turn dark black, I used many thinks but I haven't any solution, pls halp me out.
I saw a add of a product named safi which says that I can give a fair looking skin so is it really helpful?
I am 31 years old male. I have started to loose hair on the scalp. Is there any natural way to stop hair loss Or Should I start minoxidil and finasteride.
The goodness of water is known to all and sundry. Another fluid to watch out for is the coconut water. Coconut water will leave you with a mouth open awe with its health benefits. From small kids to pregnant women to elderly people, everyone can drink coconut water (unless asked to avoid on doctor recommendation) without any tension. The sweet, nut-like taste of coconut water is indeed very refreshing and soothing, a great respite in the scorching summers.
Positive effects of coconut water on the health
- A low-calorie drink: Coconut water is an ideal and healthy substitute for processed fruit juice, aerated drinks, and beverages. Some of the amazing health benefits of coconut water include;
- Improves Digestion: Coconut water is an excellent source of phosphatase, diastase, folic acid, and other enzymes that aids in the digestion of food.
- A person with dehydration (an outcome of dysentery, diarrhea or cholera) can benefit immensely from coconut water. The coconut water works by restoring the lost electrolyte and plasma balance in the body.
- Keeps skin aging at bay: Cytokines and lauric acid are known to have anti-aging properties. They maintain the pH balance of the skin. Coconut water is a rich source of lauric acid and cytokines. As expected, coconut water helps to restore the natural glow of the skin. Coconut water greatly nourishes and protects the skin from rashes and skin infections.
- Drink coconut water, forget depression forever: Riboflavin, pathogenic acid, and thiamine are the triple healing vitamins that help to lower depression and stress in a person. With these important vitamins present, coconut water will lift your mood and spirits effortlessly.
- Weight management: Being a low- calorie drink, coconut water is a healthy option for people who are on a diet and want to lose few extra kilos.
- Healthy bones the natural way: An excellent source of calcium, coconut water will keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Kidney stones a thing of the past: A natural way to deal with the problem of kidney stones is indeed a great news. Potassium is present in abundance in coconut water. Thus, it not only helps in dissolving the kidney stones, but also ensures that there is no recurrence of the condition (kidney stones).
- A healthy blood pressure: Coconut water comes as a much-needed blessing for people with high blood pressure. The minerals (Potassium and Magnesium) along with Vitamin C ensure that the blood pressure is within healthy limits.
The magnesium present in coconut water comes as a savior for people with migraines.
- A rich source of potassium implies coconut water helps to lower the instances of muscle cramps.
- Having long, healthy, and lustrous hair is no longer a dream, all thanks to the coconut water. It hydrates the scalp, thus providing the necessary nourishment to the hair.
- Being low in sugar and calories, coconut water is an excellent remedy for diabetic patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 17 years old I have pimples on my face plzz give me the way to got it right for this I am very thankful to you.
I m 21 year old girl I have more pimples and marks on face even I have one year old child so please help me.
Like everything else in your body, your hair needs food too. And you are much mistaken if you think that the only food for your #hair is #oil. The food you eat everyday has a lot of effect on the #health of your #hair too like every other part of your body. There are food items that can destroy the #health of your #hair, like too much #spicy or #oily #food, and then there are items of food that would make your #hair #shine with #health. Taking such food items regularly, while also maintaining good #hair care regimen would surely attract envious glances to your #crowning #glory from everyone.
Important Ingredients that make the hair healthy are:
3.#Omega-3 #fatty #acids
If you are wondering which food items contains these important ingredients, given below is a list of
#7 #Top #Food Items that Reveals the #Secret of #Healthy #Hair:
1)#Salmon – This cold water delicious fish is the food item hair experts swear by. Rich in #Omega-3 #fatty #acids, salmon would keep your #scalp #healthy, thus leading to #shiny and strong #hair #shafts.
2)#Eggs – A source of #Protein, #Zinc and #Iron, eggs are the simplest food item you can think of to keep your #hair #healthy. Regardless of how you take your eggs, it would always lead to keeping your #hair #healthy.
3)#Walnuts – This is one more food item that is rich in #Omega-3 #fatty #acids along with a generous amount of #biotin, another ingredient for #healthy #hair growth and #Vitamin-E.
4)#Sweet #Potatoes – Suffering from #Dandruff that causes #hair #fall?
Take sweet potatoes regularly and it would keep your #scalp free of the #itchy, #flaky #dandruff. This in turn would lead to a #healthy #hair #growth.
5)#Oysters – #Oysters are not only rich in #Protein but also #Zinc, an ingredient that is absolutely essential for #hair #growth. Lack of #zinc can lead to #hair #fall and hence taking #oysters can help in preventing #hair #fall.
6)#Lentils – #Lentils in your regular #diet can aid in #healthy #hair #growth since #lentils too are extremely rich in #Protein, #Zinc and #Biotin.
7)#Green #Vegetables – #Green #Vegetables like #Spinach and Broccoli contains #Vitamin C and #Vitamin A that helps in the production of #Sebum. #Sebum keeps the #scalp and the #hair #conditioned. Hence make sure you include #spinach or #broccoli into your #diet