Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Pls advice names of probiotic probiotic with zinc sachets which can be given to 2.5 years old toddler to control quick food transit.
My son is 5 years old and has a bad cough which gets worse during night time sleep. The cough is so bad that it feels like he is barking. We have visited our family doctor but his medicines have not helped at all. What treatment should we do.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.
She is 9 months old and she is suffering from cold, cough, running nose and during sleep she can't breathe because of nose blocking. I have consulted the Dr. and he gave Allegra and Ascroli. After the week she is now again suffering from same issues. Could you please help me. And let me. Knw.what can I do to make. Her Well.
A child of 10 years old is not able to talk properly, all his activities and growth related function are abnormal and slow. As per doctors communication during delivery got some problem, brain hemorrhage which impacted on his nervous system. We have treated him a lot but there is no progress. Can anybody suggest what to be done to get him normal and grow in future properly.
My daughter is in 6th std, but she is very very slim and my son he is in 5th std he is very healthy and chubby. Please guide me Dr. Which extra food should I give her to gain weight. She is 30 kg.
My son is 1 year old and his weight is just 8 kg, his birth weight was 3 kg, actually he had to left breastfeeding at 6 months due to the pregnancy of my wife, I agree that was a big mistake but I now want to increase the weight of my son so please suggest good healthy powders and tonic for his proper gain and growth. Thank you.
My son is 1 years old and his weight is 8.2 kgs. His birth weight was 3.1. He is too much underweight. I am give all solid foods and also high calorie food but still his weight gain is very poor. Though he os very active and also started walking but pls help me as he look like he is 8 month baby due underweight. What can I do to increase his weight.
Hi sir, my son is 3 years old is victim of un-descended testicles can you suggest me up to what age surgery has to be done?
I have 2 month baby. When she sleeps we can hear sound from her nose. So we consult the Dr. they told mucus only in nose not in chest. After 2 day she has same sound also do. Cough and sneezes. Can tell remedy?
Hi doc, my baby is 6 months old n weight is 6kg please suggest something about her diet. Wht food to give n wht to avoid. Is her weight is normal. She is completely on my breastfeed. please suggest to gain weight also. Thank you.
Hi it's about my 15 months daughter. Two months before doctor recommended lactose free milk because of lactose intolerance. During this period whenever I tried her it's regular formula milk she got loose stools again. She is completely on formula milk with less amount of solid food (6 times milk 150 ml around per day) Should I continue with lactose free milk for more couple of months.
My son is 2 yr old.He used to eat all kinda food till he was 1 1/2 but from then he is not at all eating properly i tried all kinda tonics prescribed by various best pediatricians his health was normal when we checked he is taking only breakfast and dinner that too in small quantity he loves junk and fast foods.What kind of medication will help him ?
My 2 month baby is just 4 kg she is not gaining weight properly, Doctor suggested, zinkosure 2:50 ml and mysac- z sachet what is your opinion ? please help.
My two and half years old daughter sucks thumb. Is it safe to use female lotion to stop her to suck thumb?
Water is an important part of a baby's diet because water makes up a large proportion of the baby's body.
When properly prepared, all infant formulas are approximately 85% water. Infant formulas are available in three forms: liquid ready-to-use, liquid concentrate, and powder concentrate. Liquid ready-to-use formulas do not require the addition of water, while the liquid and powder concentrates require the addition of water. It is of prime importance for parents to read, understand, and follow the manufacturer's directions when adding water to liquid and powder concentrates.
Too much water: Adding too much water to these formula concentrates or adding water to ready-to-use formulas can lead to water intoxication in the baby. In severe cases, water intoxication can cause low blood sodium levels, irritability, coma, and even permanent brain damage.
Not enough water: failing to adequately dilute the concentrates with water causes the formulas to be too "hypertonic" Hypertonic formulas can induce diarrhea and dehydration. In extreme cases, ingestion of overly hypertonic formulas can lead to kidney failure, gangrene of the legs, and coma.
Therefore, parents should not adjust the amount of water that is added to concentrates to either "fatten the baby up" or "put the baby on a diet" Instead, parents should discuss their concerns regarding the baby's calorie intake with his/her pediatrician.YOU CAN ASK ME WITH DETAILS LIKE WEIGHT/WHETHER BOTTLE FED AND HISTORY OF ANY DISEASES etc.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.