Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SelvakumarYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, My son have fever from last 3 days. We are giving him crocin at Regular interval of 3-4 hours. It works but only for 3-4 hours. Again and again fever coming and mostly it goes at high temperature (upto 103-104). Kindly consult.
My baby is 2.5 years old, he doesn't likes to eat or drink anything even milk also, thats why his weight losses day by day. He is just 7.5kg. How and which kind of food I should be give to him for better growth or development.
Hii I have 11 days baby I want to my baby is become generous what should I be done may I give DHA in to lactating mother.
My baby is 1 year now. Baby boy. He is teething. Started eating basic food- khichdi, roti, dahi, paneer, dal, egg etc. At times will only take milk and biscuits or some fruits. Takes coconut water. 1) whats the ideal diet for a 1 years old , in terms of quantity and 2) what all should be included in the diet 3) calcium an iron should be continued for how long? 4) spices and salt can be introduced now? 5) can give honey?
Helo, doctor. My question is If we born with twins, the capacity of both child will be same. Or otherwise it will be differ. Example: first child got a half brain capacity but the second child is reduce his brain capacity and not too understand? its common or any reason? please help me.
Hello my baby gal of 5 months was suffering from fever and loose stools so she went through a zenflox. Entroflora and redotil medicines for 8 days. She did not pass stool for 5 days and Now as soon as the course of medicines got over she started having. Loose green stools with white curd like substances. In 24 hours She passes 8 -10 watery stools when she is awake ànd next 12 hours she is fine. Baby looks fine and active has no fever and shows no sign of dehydration. Will the stool get fine on its own? Also can we give her ORS. Since she only breastfeeds and twice a day we feed her with zerolac.
The habit of thumb sucking is very common in many toddlers and babies, but often disturbs the parents to a great extent. Before dealing with this habit, it is very imperative for parents to understand the cause of this behavior. The tendency of thumb sucking is quite normal for the babies as it makes them feel comforting.
Problems that occur with thumb sucking
There are certain problems that occur if the baby develops the habit of prolonged thumb sucking. The problem that occurs mainly on sucking the thumb for longer time is with the teeth of the toddlers which may result in speech problems. Some babies get over this habit of thumb sucking on their own without any adverse after affects. However, sometimes prolonged thumb sucking may result in irritation on the skin or lead to peeling off of the skin, causing discomfort and pain to the child. There are chances that even the nails on the fingers grow in a crooked manner because of infection caused by thumb sucking.
How to get your child to leave thumb sucking habit?
- Parents must in any case not force their toddlers to stop this habit or get upset with them, as it can cause the toddler to develop this habit all the more.
- A child mainly sucks his thumb for comfort, and the habit can be stopped by diverting their mind and offering the child a soft toy or giving them a special blanket.
- It is better to give the toddler something to hold which makes him feel secure and comfortable.
- It is very important to assess whether it is a problem before stopping the habit of thumb sucking. But if the habit continues, it may affect the alignment of the teeth.
- It is always better to make use of ways like positive reinforcement and encouraging behavior change in your child. Parents must set up a reward system and take a note of the days the child does not suck his thumb. It is important that parents praise their child verbally and give them some reward at the end of the month.
- The best and simple way to quit the habit of thumb sucking is to cover the thumb with a thumb guard or mittens.
- The best way to help your child quit the habit would be to distract him or her and involve them in activities that would require the use of both the hands. Parents can keep their child busy by giving them puzzles or blocks to play. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
This information is of my son. Please help me in selecting a diet chart for him. He is 9 months old.
My daughter is 2 and half year old, she eat very less her weight is only 11 kg, what can we do so that she eat something. She not even takes medicine if we try to give medicine she do the vomiting.
I have a 10 month baby boy suffering from reddish eye from last 2 month and pediatrician refer to eyes specialist. I want to know whom to visit and also refer in Noida / Ghaziabad area. Please advice.
My daughter is 7 months old and the problem is ,she's don't like any types of food, including milk she take just only feeding ,no fruit juice, no boil vegetable cerelac cerelac is safe for child she eat only 3 or 4teaspoon and her weight is remained same from last 3 months 6.450 is it ok please suggest I am very worried.
I am having 19 Months girl baby, her legs are in bow shape. Can we give homeopathic medicine to cure this legs. If so how long we need to continue.
Hlo meri normal delivery hui h mera baby abi 7 din k h or jb m usko feed krwati hu wo potty kr deta h bilkul patli pani jesi m ky kru. Or din m km se km 15 br potty kr deta h.muje cold b ho rha h kl se mere feed krwane se usko cold to ni hoga. Koi solution btao.
High blood sugar occurs when the insulin in the body fails to metabolize the sugar from the food, which raises the amount of glucose in your blood. It is a metabolic disorder which can be managed effectively with the help of lifestyle modifications such as exercise and food. This article is going to focus on the foods that you can eat to lower your blood sugar levels.
Here are 9 foods that you can use to reduce blood sugar levels:
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb which is very effective in getting your blood sugar down to manageable levels. You can simply sprinkle cinnamon on your food before eating it.
Fenugreek (methi): Fenugreek is a common spice which is used in almost all indian cuisines. It has a number of health benefits, one of which is reducing blood sugar levels. Soaking fenugreek in water and then drinking it the next day is a very effective remedy in combating sugar problems.
Garlic: Not just for sending away the vampires, it is also very effective in blood sugar control. Extracts of garlic have been shown to increase insulin in the body which is required to metabolize the sugar in the body.
Heart healthy fats: Heart healthy fat based foods such as nuts and seeds are good for increasing the good, cholesterol levels (hdl) in the body. Avocadoes contain nutrients which lower the risks of various diseases such as diabetes. In a nutshell, these fats make the cells of the body less resistant to insulin.
Blueberries: Blueberries contain anthocyanin (water soluble pigments) which is very good for your health. They also contain fiber in large amounts which make you feel fuller faster. This fruit has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity in the body.
Vinegar: Vinegar is an age old remedy to control blood sugar levels; it contains acetic acid which causes a reduction in certain harmful enzymes in the stomach. Vinegar is also known to prevent blood sugar spikes when consumed with food.
Complex carbohydrates: Complex carbohydrates raise your blood sugar but not like its cousin, simple carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates cause an immediate spike in your blood sugar levels where as complex carbs provide a steady stream of energy. So drop that packet of refined flour and get that whole wheat variant.
Cherries: Cherries, especially tart cherries and dark sweet cherries, are full of anthrocyanins. Insulin resistance prevents insulin from working properly to control blood sugar in normal ranges. Eating a diet high in anthrocyanins can mean improved use of insulin and lower blood sugars.
Nuts: People who eat nuts regularly have lower rates of heart disease than people who don't eat them. Even among the healthiest eaters, the ones who also eat nuts boast the best health record. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.