Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. SelvakumarYour feedback matters!
I have c5 - c6 problem this I came to know today after mri Scan. Report says there is no compression on nerve root. But I am afraid.
I am a lady of 43 years and a patient of rheumatoid Arthritis for now more than 15 yrs. Now am having primary Osteoarthritis in my knees too which is now BADLY Affected. Let me know whether its good to take a cup of packet milk available in the market for bone health regularly at night?
Dr. I am 35 year old having Rheumatic arthritis and taking HCQS 200 two time regularly from 4 years. How much time require to cure RA.
Sir I am sister of duchenne muscular dystrophy which was recognized at age of 4 and he died on his 17 years of age and we have know nothing about carrier mutation now I am married and having a 1 years boy and he started walking on his 11 th month now I am worried that is DMD will continue in my family and please suggest test to know weather I am carrier r not and how I can get rid of these doubts, thanking you sir.
Cervical osteoarthritis is also known as cervical spondylosis. It is a medical condition which involves changes in the joints of neck, bones and discs. This is generally caused due to the deterioration of the muscles owing to old age. With age, the cervical spine breaks down and loses all its fluids. This leads to stiffness in the spine. It occurs usually in middle aged and old aged people. This causes stiffness and severe neck pain. Corrective surgery is helpful to cure Cervical Osteoarthritis.
Symptoms of Cervical Osteoarthritis:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Headache which usually emerges from the neck.
- Severe pain in the arms and shoulder.
- Not being able to turn the head or neck fully while driving.
- Muscle spasm and abnormal reflexes.
- Grinding sensation or noise caused while bending the neck.
Cervical Osteoarthritis can be cured by physiotherapy in the following ways:
- Heat modalities- In this method the pain and stiffness is reduced by putting heat on the affected area. This type of therapy is called heat therapy.
- Neck exercise- Regular stretching and bending exercises for the neck can reduce pain and stiffness
- Manipulating therapy- This form of therapy is used by massage therapists. They massage and manipulate the joints so that the muscles can function smoothly.
- Hydrotherapy- This therapy involves exercising in a pool. Hydrotherapy is extremely beneficial for people having severe joint pain and stiffness.
- Cervical traction- This is a common non-surgical treatment which cures pain in the neck by opening the cervical foramen (hole or passage).
Physiotherapy is the most natural and safe way of curing cervical osteoarthritis. If you are diagnosed with cervical spondylosis, you should start physiotherapy as soon as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I am 19 years old. I used to pickup heavy water cans. Now my lower back pains and pain is more at morning. There is a problem in bending. Please help.
I am a male 76 years old and have pain behind my knees (tendons I think) for the last 6 months. I take pain killers now and then. It hurts when I stretch or bend my knees. Is there any remedy. Thanks.
Dear mam or sir I recently suffered from acl tear and I had a surgery about 1 month back but still I can not bend my knees fully and still pain persists please suggest me some exercises or any thing else thank you.
Pairo me bhut dard hota hai ku jara bhi jyada chalne ya khade hone par pura kamar se lekar pairo tk tej dard hota hai ku.
My mom is suffering with heavy pain in her soles of legs while standing or walking plzz sugest me any medicines, exercises or home remedies please.
I have Frozen Shoulder on my left . What is the treatment for frozen shoulder. I have been having it for the past 6 months. I am slightly diabetic and on treatment for about 3 years. I have had no injury to my shoulder. Please advice
My wife is suffering with knee pain since 6 years. I am taking no regular medicine at present since the doctor say that there is no perfect medicine at present. The condition is not so bad to go for knee replacement. Thus presently we are going to apply ointment[ tail] on knee regularly made by Jiva and patanjali and sometimes other ayurveda oil. She got relief no doubt, but some time she used to take pain killer tablets one or two and required hot sake. She also take some calcium tablets along with vitamin D time to time, but not regularly as advised by doctor. I want to know if there any way to get relief. Sir we are 75 and not able to to talk perfectly on mobile, so it will be appreciated if you respond on email, so that we may read it out slowly THANKS.
I am 18 years old girl and back pain for last 1 month. I have used pain relief cream, tablets. But haven't got any relief. I also have headache, every time I study. What should I do now?
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.