Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. SelvaKumar Ganesan
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SelvaKumar GanesanYour feedback matters!
I have very heavy back pain can't sit moov & sleep. Is this sleep disk or normal pain. What medicine I took please suggest. Or I go for physiotherapy.
I am suffering from back pain continuously for 7 days. please help give me some remedies to free from pain.
My duty at side and after reaching home. I feel pain at backside such as wrist. so what is the solution?
Is muscle twitching in arms has something to do with as when I smoke it starts developing and when I stop smoking for 2-3 days it disappears?
Hello, My dad have surgical pain in shoulder neck and arms. please suggest what should they do to get rid off bad pain. please give any medicine or any exercise. My dad is very active. Doing physical drinking lot of water but due to surgical pain they did nothing so please suggest me.
Hi Doctor, I had inguinal hernia surgery 3 months ago. Recently I am having Lower back pain. I am not carrying any heavy weight but the pain is still there since 3 days. What do I need to do? Is there any exercise or do I need to take medication? Please reply. Thank you.
My wife has been suffering from back pain for more than five months. Pain travels from left soldier to right and upper back to lower as like a bubble travelling here and there in my back. Got treatment from hospital for 4 months, got physiotherapy, exercise from yoga teacher etc. What next can I do?
Hello. I m 32 years old sir meri legs bhut pain hoti rehti hai Kai baar to bilkul theek ho jati hai to kai baar kitne din hi pain hoti rehti hai kai baar to mera chlna v muskil ho jata hai please help me.
I am 64 yrs old and have a continuous cough generation and it comes out mostly in morning hours. Can the generation of cough be minimized and how. My second issue is related to backache. I had vitamin d3 deficiency causing excessive calcium deposits on the spinal cord and has caused lot of restrictions in movement of neck and lower back. Any solutions please?
Bursitis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of a fluid filled sac called the bursa. Bursa is present in between various tissues such as muscles, tendons and bones where friction may occur. This sac cushions the tissues and prevents friction. The usual areas that are affected by this condition are hip, shoulder and the elbows.
The symptoms of bursitis are:
1. You will experience pain in the affected area
2. Tightness and stiffness in the area
3. Local swelling of the muscle
4. Redness of the area
5. Any physical contact with the area causes pain
Bursitis may also occur due to the following reasons:
1. Ageing results in loss of elasticity of the tendons, thus impairing their ability to tolerate any stressful activity
2. Sports such as baseball where you are required to throw the ball with force may lead to bursitis
3. If you do tasks that require kneeling down on a regular basis
4. Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
5. Abnormalities such as improperly placed joints
6. Inflammation from other conditions such as gout, thyroid disorders and rheumatoid arthritis may lead to bursitis
The condition is treated by using a variety of methods such as exercise and medication. Antibiotics are used to treat any underlying infection causing bursitis. Injections may be administered to reduce inflammation in the affected area along with exercises to strengthen the affected muscle. In severe cases, the doctor may resort to surgery to treat this condition.
You may use certain preventive measures to stay clear of bursitis. Some of them are
1. Lift with proper form: If you are lifting something heavy, then make sure you keep the spine straight and bend your knees slightly.
2. Take breaks: Don’t remain in the same position for long durations, take small breaks and walk around to release the stress from your legs.
3. Exercise: Do strength building workouts to build strength in the joints. Include mobility and flexibility stretches in your routine to keep your joints healthy, thus increasing the range of motion.
4. Maintain optimal weight levels: If you are obese, then take steps to reduce your weight. Maintain a proper diet to check your waistline. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.