Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Selva ShankariYour feedback matters!
She is going through periods problems (like brownish periods and lesser ammount of flow) since 5/6 month and recently in 3 months she has lost 6 kgs of weight. For this problem as per consultation a usg has been done and according to usg she has 14.9mm*16.5 mm sist on left ovary. What is it? what is the best treatment available? what may be the cost of treatment? and what is the risk factor? mam, please guide me I am in deep trouble and tensions. Please
My period date was 16/17 but I felt just cramps but no period my pregnancy date is negative. So whats reason is it. please hlp me n told me properly plz.
My periods date was on 23/12/2016. I hv checked preganews on dat date also it was negative den again I did check on 25/12/2016 it was negative. And again I checked on 28-12-2016 it was negative. Bt still my periods are due so wht will be the reason.
Mdm. Unwanted kit medicine aj last 4 tablets khye h. Or aaj he period start ho gya. Lekn par Dard bht de rha h. Or Vomiting bhi lag rhi hai to hospital se injection le h to kuch nhi hoga na ab period me.
Hello mam, im 20 years old I have menstrual problem since from 3 years. From last 2 months I didn't get the period and I'm not married which tablets can I use to get the periods regularly.
I'm married from 7 months my wife not get pregnant but she missed period what she do get pregnant early.
I was on Novelon 21 day novelon pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june which I doubled up with the last pill of the pack after 24 hours. Then I took a pill free week of 6 days and my withdrawal bleed was from 5-8th july I started new pack of july on 8th and had protected intercourse on 9th but the same condom was used for 3 rounds. Again had protected sex on 14th and it was the last one which was protected and condoms did not break or had holes on both the intercourse. I never missed a pill until 21st of july which I took it with the next day pill on 22nd july. On 22nd july morning I had a breakthrough bleeding which was stopped as soon as I took the next pill. My pill pack ended on 28th july and I had my withdrawal bleed on 1st aug which continued upto 6th of aug. Bleeding was like normal withdrawal bleeding on pills. Still I took a test today and yesterday after 1 month and 1 week and it came out to be negative. Am I 100% safe? Do I need to do further hpt or blood test?
Hello .me and like my gf having sex before 15 days .since not started period. She's period date is 21 and we having sex date is 17 after 5 days .and her hcg test two time but negative. Why not started period's? Which safe days periods date before or after .we sex 17 Aug. Her period date 21aug. But missed .so possibility.
I am 30 years married women. I have a one baby also. I have a very heavy flow in periods & felling very giddiness & always I am felling very low.
Hi, I have burning sensation and itching around vagina mouth and around my labia for last couple of days. The place does not remain dry no matter how hard I try. No foul smell or thick discharge. I also get vaginal pimples very often. For vaginal pimples I have been given kenozole-bg which I use only when I have a pimple. Just to mention I also have face acne and body acne for which I have done course of doxypal twice in two years. Currently I am on no medication.
My friend missed her period which was on 6th nov She has unprotected sex a month before 9th oct and she took pills within 48 hrs. Few days later she had some red discharge but still today she had not got her periods the pregnancy test results are negative but can she take unwanted kit? Or she should wait if there is no chance of pregnancy? please sugest something.
I am newly married and I want to sex with my wife without condom and I also not want her pregnant up to 3 to 4 years how its possible .Give me any better solution
Hello i'm a lactating mother. Delivered baby just 3 months before Due to post pregnancy weight gain my tummy looks like i'm pregnant with 6 months What should I do but I don't have to time for exercises Does Any kind of drink help like nutrislim or anything else for weight lose please help and can not skip any meal. Just want lose weight specially inches around my waist.
I have vagina infection, having itching problem and little allergy shown there and have pain also. Sometimes little white discharge. What should I do?
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
If a 10+ years old girl Is consuming a cup of coffee everyday dose it leads to any side effects as I hv heard coffee produces heat in body n specially not good for girl as they may get their menses early.
A Quick Guide to Geriatric Nutrition
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Dieting Vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the FAD?