Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Selva KumarYour feedback matters!
My son 7 years old suffering from nasal block if he take air of fan for cooling in summer when he sweating, he born in im-matured (8 months), he often suffering from several problem please, suggest me.
Aagar baby ko loose motion lag jae to opium de sakte hai ya nahi. Agar dene k baad koi problem ho to kya kre.
My son often gets chest congestion (once in a month). His nose won't be blocked, but mostly cough and then fast breathing within a day. What treatment is safe and suitable? Doctor gives nebulization of Levolin and that really helps and is effective but will it cause any side-effects?
My daughter is 6 years old now but her weight is 13 kgs only. From her 1 years to till now weight is constant. She is healthy no medical illness. How will she gain weight and is there any reason behind it?
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy.
Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet," provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein.
Several studies have shown that the ketogenic diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications.
My 6 year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??