Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Gautham
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema GauthamYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am a female of 42 years old. After intercourse. 48 hrs later I had blood urine, I vomited and was feeling uneasy and unconsciousness, I consulted my doctor and after asking few ladies related questions she asked me to wait and watch for two days and come back. Next day on wards no bleeding but while ruining it burns and sometimes small blood droplets are seen. Please Advise am I pregnant or reply in brief why it happened & if some tests have to be done & what precautions to be taken?
Hi please suggest some tablets for long sex without side-effect. And also suggest which condoms to use for safe sex . Also some advice to have safe sex.
She had irregular periods and only 1-2 days. Some one recommended the harmony test. And the result is, Prolactin (PRL) value is 22. 04 ng/ml. Is there any big issue.
I had an ectopic pregnancy operated on 16 may removed one tube earlier ihd hamdard habee hamal for conception nd conceived but ectopic pregnancy no side effects of dis medicine ayurvedic can I take again for conception again conceive nai kar pa rahe hu plss bataiye doctors.
My last periods date started from 9 oct to 16 oct, me and my boyfriend had done some stuff on 13th of November lyk he rubs his penis on vagina but not inserted by using protection but it tores and we stop nd he did not ejaculate near me but even now my periods not started and some times pain started in my stomach feels like it comes but it is not happening. Also sometimes I miss my periods earlier I am not sure if anything wrong or what, should I have to wait?
I and my gf had intercourse a day before and condom broke off, we had to prevent pregnancy ,so is it safe to take option 72 as Emergency contraption to prevent pregnancy.
The uterus, or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina, or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of estrogen during menopause causes atrophy of uterus
- Excessive straining on the abdomen and pelvic area ex. Chronic cough, chronic constipation, etc.
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Pelvic surgeries in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an dye is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.