Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Gautham
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema GauthamYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, my wife periods comes on 8-10 the of every month. But from last most his periods are not coming to till now 57 day passes. And test results are negative. This situation happen 1st time Pls suggest what I do in this situation. I have 9 month old baby.
I am 39 female ,having thyroid and depression. Conceived once after tat no conception.My tubes are normal but eggs are less. Can i conceive?
Infertility is a condition that can be caused due to a variety of reasons, for both males as well as females. Yet, it also comes with plenty of emotional baggage because there is a great deal of social stigma attached to childless parents, especially in the developing countries like India, where we still hold on to traditional thinking which does not really justify modern day realities.
Understanding Infertility in the Developing World: As per medical science, infertility is defined as a problem that is faced by couples who do not manage to conceive even after a year of trying without any birth control measures. In countries like ours, there is a great social stigma that is attached to being childless. As per many studies by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 15% of couples the world over are affected by infertility. Also, such cases go undetected because there is a great social stigma attached to the same. Further, there may be underlying conditions like Tuberculosis which may have been undiagnosed because people do not like to talk to doctors about the symptoms. The main problem in countries like India, and others areas is that people do not open up about such problems and they consider doctors and other medical practitioners as strangers.
Still in the Dark Ages: Even though we have made the transition from an agricultural country where we would pray to the elements and wait for signs for all our everyday activities from harvesting to childbirth, to an industrial country we are still in the dark ages as far as our social setup goes. There are many educated and well-heeled families where being childless is considered as an issue. And many people tend to go to astrologers and temples to change their fate, where a simple visit to a doctor and procedures like IVF, or adoption as the last resort, can also work out.
Infertility Stigma for Males and Females: For an infertile couple, the problem may stem from the male, or the female or both partners. There are still many social stigmas that are attached to this and many people in countries like India tend to call the woman barren, if she is unable to bear a child. In many cases, the male partner does not even go in for a check up as it is not even considered as an option that the problem might lie with him. Male erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, and general infertility can cause a range of issues for the couple when it comes to conception. So it is imperative to have the same checked by the doctor so that a sperm test can also be conducted and the treatment can carry on accordingly with the help of IUI or IVF.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I just want to ask that after breastfeeding breasts gets loose in that case what should I do to bring my breast in original shape.
Hi, I am a breast feeding mother of 4 month old baby. I and my husband had a unprotected sex 15 days ago. I am sacred if I get pregnant so early.I have missed my dates of periods .can you suggest me any medication.
I am 17 yrs girl, I haven't had sex yet, I am virgin. But problem is that my friends tease me about being virgin. Because there are no girls virgin in my group. 99% of girls in the college already had sex atleast 1 time. But I am not. Tell me that being virgin is bad. And have sex with stranger is good?
Sometimes getting pregnant is not a very easy task, and may end up taking a long time. But once you've decided to start a family of your own, it becomes harder to wait for it to happen.
So here are the do's & dont's:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
- Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as
- Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
Hello , she is 21 years old married girl. She has rare desire for sex. How to make her sex life better, she got excited a little only. Her weight is 48 kgs. And height is 5" 7. She have normal indian lifestyle and food also. Can you help in this case.Please tell.
The word pain is quite common to daily life. If we look around we can witness, everyone is suffering from a certain kind of pain. Well, if we are likely to talk about hand and wrist pain, then it is fair enough to say that hand and wrist pain is very common among people. This is because our hands and wrists are the two things that get engaged in most of the works we do. But there are reasons behind those daunting pains. Know more about joints pain.
It can be due to any accident, or it can be due to any illness. The homeopathic medicines are safe and healthy in treating any kind of pain. But it is crucial to know the reason, which is causing the pain. Let us talk about some of the homeopathic medicines, which are generally being prescribed for treating wrist pain depends on the severity and condition.
What are the reasons of wrist pain?
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the common types of wrist pain. It occurs due to the delineation of the median nerve, which runs through the wrist joint.
- It can be severe or mild injury on the wrist, which can cause wrist pain, or it can be any kind of sprain.
- Other than this, any fracture can cause severe pain too.
Apart from these, there are infections like tuberculosis that can also cause wrist pain. Next is the arthritis, which is considered to be very common among the masses. It includes gout, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis problem. These commonly cause wrist pain. Whatever is the reason for any kind of wrist pain, it needs to get diagnosed. Clinically it is diagnosed by following some tests like X-ray, CT scan, bone scan, MRI, several blood tests, etc. General diagnosis includes various examinations regarding the pain and its history, etc.
Some of the best homeopathy medicines for wrist pain considering homeopathy medicines for wrist pain can be a good decision. As homeopathy is a holistic medication procedure. There are several medicines, which have been prescribed for treatment of wrist pain depending its type and history. The remedy is given on the basis of the diagnosis of the wrist pain. Regaining of complete health and removing the symptoms are possible through homeopathy treatment. Depending upon the cause, sensation, location, modalities and propagation of the pain, there are some therapeutic homeopathic medicines available too.
Here are some specific homeopathic medicines, names given below, which can be considered to be best for wrist pain:
Arnica, Benzoic acid, Rhus Tox, Hypericum, Agaricus, Calcuria Flour, Cilicia, Ruta, Actea Spicata, Medorihhinum, Brynoia, Calcaria carb, Eupatorium Perf, Silicia, Sulphur Symphytum and so on are the usually prescribed medicines for wrist pain. But it is generally advised to take advice of a professional homeopathic doctor in terms of choosing the right medicine and dosage.