Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema GauthamYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old newly married girl. I got my periods on 8th of may and after that we had unprotected sex on 20th of may. Please confirm is there a chances of getting pregnant. And want to know that when can I do pregnancy test.
I had sex with my girlfriend without protection. After 2 hours of sex she had I pill and the very next day again she had I pill . Will it result in any kind of health issues? She can still be pregnant? Help.
Hi I have a question regarding intercourse. I am planning to have a baby but during intercourse I have delayed ejaculation due to which it does not go directly inside vagina but gets left out at the edge only. Pls help.
Hii. I'm very disturb to take my health. How can I healthy. Plss suggest. And during exam time we always slept very soon so I didn't prepare my course how can I wakeup a lot of time of midnight.
I am 20 years girl today my periods have started, and tommorow m going with mah hubby. How to stop or delay periods for 3days.
Sciatica is a very common neuropathic pain that is caused by damage to the sciatic nerve, a large nerve that runs from the lower back region down the end of each leg. It is the largest single nerve in the body.
This condition affects around 4 out of 10 people at some point of their lives. The nature of the pain varies from a mild ache to a sharp stinging sensation and may cause feelings of numbness and extreme weakness.
The causes for the onset of sciatica are numerous. Some of them are as follows:
- Slipped lumbar disc
- Muscle inflammation
- Internal bleeding
- Awkward sleeping position
- Uncomfortable footwear
- Spinal injury
How can physical therapy help?
There are many ways of treating sciatica such as medication, acupuncture and surgery, which can provide relief. The most common and easy treatment method however is physical therapy. A progressive and controlled exercise routine that is specifically tailored to the nature of the condition in consultation with a physical therapist acts as an effective remedy in treating the problem. It alleviates pain and also eliminates the chances of relapse.
Physical therapy exercises used to treat sciatica are of many types. These are a combination of core strengthening, muscular stretching and aerobic conditioning routines, which aim at correcting the root of the problem.
The different types of exercises employed to treat sciatica include the following:
1. Strengthening exercises: These aim at strengthening the spinal column and the pelvic region, which includes the hips and buttocks. They help in making the muscles and ligaments in this region more robust and allow for improved flexibility and support. Lunges and squats are some of the examples.
2. Stretching exercises: These provide pain relief through improved agility and flexibility. The most important aspect of these routines is stretching and exercising the hamstring. Hamstring, stretches, calf stretches and tricep stretches are a part of stretching exercises.
3. Aerobic conditioning: These are cardiovascular exercises of low intensity, which provide pain relief through the release of endorphins and the facilitation of fluid and nutrient exchange. Examples of these are swimming and brisk walking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Plese tell how to get rid of wart on inner lips of vagina. I fear it can spread to other parts and removal by burning is not possible as it is sensitive area.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Dear doctor. I have been married since 6 years. I have mostly done sex on safe days and used contraceptive 3 times in these years when the days were not safe. Now I am planning a baby in 3-4 months. Can you please tell me that do contraceptives decrease the chances of getting pregnant? M worried that it will not harm in the coming future?
My wife is over due of her menstrual date for 20 days. We have tested twice with urine kit and both showed negative results. I also gave 2 days course of medicine for getting menstrual still no result. Please advise what should we do to confirm she is not pregnant.
My 19 years old daughter has POD issue. She is now under the treatment of a Homeopathy doctor for last one and half years but in vain. Will she be completely alright by the treatment of Allopathic ? what will be the duration ?
Hi 9 months before my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter but 5 days before we had sex and now she test with preganews she is pregnant again but at moment we don't need child and she missed her periods on 22 April 2017 now what she will do last year's she had pregnant but we consulted a doctors who prescribed some tab which is very painful moment for her she is again fear at that pain which will be happen after taking abortion tablet. There is any tab or anything else which have little pain for abortion. please help us.
I have had intercourse with unknown girl first time and during the sex condom thrashed inside her vagina and I took it out immediately. This was first time I have done mistake approaching unknown girl with friends so am afraid. Can you please suggest the how does HIV virus works and am not sure that girl health condition. Please help me what to do. Your answer will help someone life on whom many are depended. Thank you.
I have done pregnancy test for the first time and as per the instructions given found it positive, but still have enough bought. So want to cost a gyeno. What all I need to ask and what all gyeno may ask to me.
I am 40 years old women. My periods are usually for 3 to 4 daysbut this time prolonged to 7 days. I am feeling very tired. What to do.
I am 7th month pregnant and I want to know about the gender of my baby through ultrasound. Please help me as it's my first baby.
I'm on 4th month of my fertility treatment. I was given tablet for follicle growth for 4 days (3 tab/day) from day 2. I was given 3shots of FSH150 on day 3,5 and 8.My follicle growth was good. Then I was given Hcg10000 on day 13 but my follicle didn't rupture. Then it ruptured lately with more pain on day 16. Last 3cycles I was given Dubagest SR200 for 18 days from 1dpo. I used to get my periods on 14dpo correctly. But this month doc told not to take any hormone tablet after ovulation. Today I'm 15dpo and no AF. Is it positive pregnancy or just delayed period. When can I do hpt?
My wife have missed menstrual period her date was 18 th Feb.On doing pregnancy test at home its found positive. Today on consulting Drs & doing ultrasound its found that Sac is of 7 mm <5 week but no Embryonic node. Is there no chance of pregnancy?
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted hair growth in certain areas of a women's face and body, such as upper lip, beard area, chest and abdomen, that creates a "male pattern" of hair growth. It affects around 5-10% of the women and is a common presenting complaint among females for cosmetic reasons.
Hirsutism is attributed either to increased production or increased sensitivity of the hair follicles to the male hormone- testosterone. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual cycles, is the main cause of the same. However in some cases the reasons for the same can be unknown as all reports may seem normal. Such a type is called Idiopathic Hirsutism. It is important for women to not feel shy and embarrassed about the situation. Often resorting to excessive bleaching and razers can harm the skin and the self image of a woman. You should come forward and talk to either a Gyneacologist or an Endocrinologist. The doctors after taking the complete history would advice certain tests that would measure the amount of certain hormones in the blood. If the androgen levels are elevated, doctor may recommend an ultrasound or a CT scan to check ovaries and adrenal glands for tumors or cysts.
The main causes of Hirsutism are:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: In 70% of the cases PCOS is the cause of Hirsutism. Women with PCOS often have hirsutism in combination with acne, balding near the front of the head, and menstrual irregularities. PCOS is also accompanied by infertility (due to menstrual irregularity), obesity, diabetes , High cholesterol and possible heart disease.
- Idiopathic Hirsutism: Idiopathic hirsutism refers to hirsutism that has no identifiable cause. It is usually a mild variation of PCOS. A gradual increased growth of coarse body hair is typically the only symptom in women with this condition. Menstrual cycles are normal in women with idiopathic hirsutism.
- Drug Induced: Certain drugs and steroids taken the past can trigger a hormonal imbalance and cause hirsutism
- Adrenal or tumour causes: These are rare and are related to tumours or abnormal functioning of the adrenal gland.
Since Hirsutism can be a combination of medical issues self medication is not recommended. There are a variety of ways through which the same can be managed or cured. The treatment options are:
- Medical Management: The doctors can recommend a combination of drugs such as oral contraceptives (contain estrogen & progestin that inhibits the male hormone), anti-androgens and insulin sensitive drugs.
- Cosmetic Hair Removal: Electrolysis and the modern day safe Laser therapy are sought after cosmetic ways for removal of unwanted hair. The procedures destroy the hair follicles and prevent the hair from growing.
- Surgical Therapy: Only in specific cases Laparoscopic ovarian drilling or removal of ovarian & adrenal tumours can help treat Hirsutism.
It is important to understand that this problem is medical and can be treated, managed and cured with expert advice & guidance. Women usually get depressed and have image issues. One should not get distressed; it may be a possibility that the reason may be just a little imbalance in your hormones. Eating healthy, weight loss and exercise are tried and tested natural ways to keep your body fit & balanced.