Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sayira BanuYour feedback matters!
Hi, My first day of last period was 25 Dec 2015. But my periods are not always regular. Most of the times it comes after 2-3 days after the due date of last period. And my Pregnancy test report is positive. Today is 8th Feb 2016. Can I take pregnant Kit now. And if yes then please suggest me is it necessary to take both type of medicine (1 tablet of Mifepristone and 4 Tablet of Misoprostol) empty stomach. If I take Mifepristone tomorrow morning then should I take all 4 Misoprostol at a time. And how to take these medicine orally. Please suggest.
My wife is 32 weeks pregnant. After 3rd sonography. Report reveals that. Both Kidneys reveal mild pyleactasis and bladder report normal. What we should do now. Is there any kind of worry?
I had sex with my girlfriend. Before the her periods start and we use protection but now my girlfriend miss there periods what should I do now?
I am 22 years old and having PCOS. My doctor asked me to take meprate 3 times daily for continuous 3 days and start dronis 30 from the first day when my period comes. I started dronis on first day of my period, I am having a constant bleeding for 15 days now. I have mistakenly skipped it on 8 and 9th day and the flow got heavier after that. I beld after 9th day like I have a heavy period started. Today is my 15th day n m still bleeding a lil heavily and have cramps also. Please help.
On 5 march I have my period and on 11 night I get touch with my bf and he rub his penis on my vagina and his get his sperm and that time I am above and next day at 4 pm I take un wanted 72 and on 16 I get vaginal infection and on 20 days I have black discharge mix with transparent discharge that black discharge seems like blood and 1 day I have drop red discharge and next day have common discharge and after that I have no discharge but on 30 march I have water discharge it came often and pain in left lower part is there is any chance of pregnancy.
I have taken abortion pills and bleeding started on 19th may problem is that it's still bleeding today I went to hospital for lower abdomen ultrasound and result was normal now doctor taken my blood for test can you please help if there something remain in blood then what the doctor will do and if they give medicine for removing the remaining part tat medicine will work like same like o have to face stomach cramps nd all the same problem pl let me knw mam I will be thankful to you.
Breast cancer is on the rise in india. Surveys show that every 4 out of 5 indian women suffer from an advanced stage of breast cancer by the time they get themselves examined at the hospital. Urban women are at two times more risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer than rural women. Being overweight, eating unhealthy food, and consuming excessive alcohol or tobacco are some of causes that can make you susceptible to this disease.
How you can avoid breast cancer by being aware.
- dimpling of the skin around the breast or a lump in the breast is the first sign that you should keep an eye out for.
- apart from self-examining your breasts every month for a lump, going for a mammography (an x-ray of the breast) is vital for early detection of the problem.
- consult a gynaecologist before going for the test as its frequency depends on your age and risk factor. About 80-90% of tumours can be traced through this screening.
Breast cancer may run in family. If there is no family history of breast cancer, you start doing mammogram at 40 yrs of age but if there is a family history you start even earlier as advised by your gynaecologist.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Maintaining proper oral health is very essential for everyone but it becomes more important for women who are planning to conceive or are pregnant. Studies reveal that if a woman is suffering from gum disease, the chances of the baby being born prematurely or having inadequate weight increase.
Moreover, the alteration in the levels of the hormone in the body caused due to pregnancy might also trigger gum disease and a condition known as pregnancy gingivitis, which makes taking care of oral hygiene mandatory for expecting mothers.
How can you ensure proper oral hygiene before conceiving?
Visiting a dentist before conceiving is necessary to diagnose and treat any issues related to oral health, so that it doesn't affect the health of the baby in any way. During this visit, you can opt for professional cleaning of your teeth and proper scrutiny of your gum tissue to detect any oral health issues, which might influence your pregnancy.
How can you maintain proper oral health during pregnancy?
You can take the following measures to ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Visit your dentist regularly - Pregnancy should not keep you from going for regular dental checkups. The dentist can conduct the requisite periodontal exams and provide you instructions for maintaining healthy gums and teeth during this period.
- Inform your dentist about the drugs you are consuming - Letting your dentist know about all the medications you are consuming and their dosages is advisable so that he/she can accordingly design your dental treatment plan.
- Don't avoid dental X-rays - If you need a dental X-ray, you can opt for it even while you are pregnant. Informing your dentist about your pregnancy will ensure that, he/she takes extra measures for your and the baby's safety by protecting your thyroid gland and abdomen from the rays.
- Consider morning sickness while choosing your toothpaste - Morning sickness often hinders with the normal process of brushing due to the taste of the toothpaste. In this case, asking your dentist to recommend a suitable brand for you would be the right thing to do.
- Ensure that you follow a healthy diet - Following a diet which contains a minimum amount of sugary snacks and more dairy products like yogurt and cheese is recommended for expecting mothers. This not only decreases the risks of tooth decay but also ensures proper development of the baby's gums, bones, and teeth.
Related Tip: 5 reasons to get regular dental cleaning
Hello. Me and my wife both love to do oral sex as a foreplay. But after 1 - 2 mint after I start ,I feel salty taste some fluid. She also feel it on me and she even take inside while sucking .what's that? Is it harmful? How much time we should do oral.
What can be used for safe sex without using condoms or pills but with the chance to take baby after 2 or 3 years? Please suggest me.
Do the frequent changes in the season really affect your body and food habits?
A big YES!
Selection of appropriate food according to seasonal change is very important for staying healthy. In modern times, most fresh fruits and veggies are available round the year, however, the nutritional content is much less in the non-seasonal fruits and vegetables. An update of your eating habits consistently is a must to stimulate energy level of your body.
Here are some key dietary behaviors that must be considered while choosing the perfect diet plan for different seasons-
- Cherish the novelty of Spring
In spring, the green leafy vegetables with their fresh, tender leaves represent the arrival of the new season. These must be added to your menu that must include such lettuce, parsley, spinach, basil and fruits like strawberries, apricot, blueberries, peaches, and cherries etc. Try to consume less amount of salt in this season.
- Take Delight in the cool squash of Summer
Due to excessive heat in the summers, it is recommended to adhere to the watery, cool and light diet. Include seasonal fruits like watermelon, plums, melons, cherries, vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, mint etc in your regular diet. Restore your energy with cool, refreshing drinks such as fresh juices, coconut water, milk shakes etc. Drink lots and lots of water during the summers.
- Relish the freshness of Raindrops
The Monsoon season comes with lots of lip smacking food items. In this season, many people face dyspepsia problems so pick up foods that are easily digestible. Avoid consumption of watery foods, heavy meals, meat and fish. Eat gram flour, brown rice, barley, corn, oats, garlic, ginger, turmeric, yogurt and fruits like pomegranate and apple.
- Savor the crisp sunshine of Autumn
Consumption of warm harvest food products is appropriate for this season. Veggies like onion, fenugreek, garlic, pumpkin and fruits such as banana, pears, apple, cranberries work well in this season. Spices, nuts and seasonings like cinnamon, mustard seeds, walnuts, and peppercorns are a must in the autumn months.
- Enjoy the warmness of Winter season
As soon as the cold winter seeps in, you must eat warm nutritional foods. In the winter months, the guiding principle is that the foods that are slow to grow are more warming than the ones that grow rather quickly. This means you can take foods like lamb, fish and chicken and root vegetables like onion, garlic, potato and carrots. You can also take sesame, corn, fenugreek and milk products that are good sources of nutrition.
In short just 'Eat by the season' to stay healthy!
My problem is irregular periods and overweight than doctor suggest glucophgae, but glocophase is not avilabe in chemist shop .plz sugest I take glyciphage behalf I Glucophase?
6 unhealthy habits that are harmful for your back:
You may not be aware, but there are many ways by which you are harming your back on a daily basis. These habits can lead to disc problems and spine problems in the coming years and impact the quality of your life. So, correct these mistakes before your back suffers irreparable damage.
Here are ways by which you are hurting your back:
1. You sit at your desk for too long
- Sitting puts 40% more pressure on your spine than standing. Also, not maintaining the right posture and slouching damages the spine in the long run.
- Try and stretch at a 135-degree angle to reduce compression of the discs in the spine.
- You can do this by leaning back slightly every now and then and also while making phone calls.
- Ensure that you use an office chair that supports the curve of your spine. Your lower back should be supported and your head should be straight.
- Get up and walk around for a couple of minutes every half hour: take trips to get water, use the bathroom, or grab papers off the printer.
2. You watch too much tv
- Staying glued to your television set for hours is not good for your back.
- Studies show that young adults who watch tv or use the computer for 15 hours a week or more are 3 times three times as likely to have lower-back pain as their more active counterparts.
- Limit tv to shows you really want to watch. In the spare time opt for some stretches or strength moves which will prevent muscle strain.
3. You wear high heels or flip flops too often
- Wearing both high heels as well as flip flops too often can lead to foot instability, which in turn can affect your back.
- High heels force you to arch your back, making your spinal muscles work harder.
- Backless shoes like flip flops cause your feet to move from side to side, which distributes your body weight unevenly and can cause pain.
- You do not have to abandon your high heels or flip flops for good. Just avoid walking long distances in them.
- Choose comfortable flats or sneakers when you plan on walking long distances.
4. Your mattress is too old
- According to experts, a good mattress lasts 9 to 10 years. But it is always a good idea to replace one every 5-7 years.
- Studies show that people who switch to new bedding after 5 years sleep significantly better and experience less back pain.
- When you do replace your mattress, pick one that’s not too soft nor too hard. Very firm mattresses can increase pressure on the spine and worsen pain.
5. You do not eat right
- Studies suggest that eating habits that are good for your heart, weight, and blood sugar are also good for your back.
- Make sure to include back healthy foods in your diet.
- These are foods that reduce inflammation and include whole grains, soy, nuts and seeds, protein (chicken, fish, lean meat), vegetables, and fruits.
- Limit intake of caffeine and processed foods.
6. You drive in the wrong posture
- Just like at your desk, hunching over a steering wheel can tighten chest muscles and cause your shoulders to round.
- Make sure you sit at a 90-degree angle, close to the wheel so you don’t have to stretch.
Just after waking up in the morning, body feels tired. Each part of the body pains. What should I do?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and I very well remember that I did not ejaculated inside her. She was suppose to get her periods by 21 but she has still not got it. We also did a pregnancy check up today and it showed negative and the test properly done without any errors and as specified on the pack. What could be the reason of delayed periods. Please help.
Today is my 15 days of periods. But since 2 days I have crampsin my back and lower abdomen. What can I do.
My wife is 33 years old we have 3 childrens all delivery was operation 1st child boy was 9 months period 2nd one boy was 8 months period then 3rd one girl was on 7th month pregnancy period, pregnancy gap in three of them is 3 years age difference Now the problem is she is having monthly period twice in two weeks gap her real period time is the week of first month the miss date one is happening after 18 days it can change less or more, both periods are for days time why is this what should I have to do.
HI, I am 25 years old. I am married 2.5 years ago. We are practicing sex daily but no results. Is it necessary to do sex in Periods. What should we do?
Unlike its tastier and tempting counterparts like cottage cheese and flavoured yoghurt, dahi or curd has always been a staple in a majority of Indian diets, but many people are not aware of the benefits proffered by this humble accompaniment. Curd has many health as well as nutritional benefits and having a bowlful of curd every day helps to regulate body temperature, improves digestion and saves you from recurrent stomach ailments.
There are various other advantages of consuming curd regularly.
Importance of having curd
Curd or dahi as Indians call it is in great demand all around the year, particularly during the summer months. It is a great tastemaker and incorporated in numerous Indian dishes that are important from both taste and health perspective. Besides curd improves complexion and in often cases, curd seems to be more beneficial than milk, the fermentation of which leads to the making of curd.
Nutritional facts about curd
In a cupful or 100 grams of curd, there are 4.3 grams of fat, 3.4 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of proteins, 17 mg of cholesterol, 36.4 grams of sodium and 10.4 grams of potassium. Curd is also rich in Vitamin A, D and B-12, magnesium and a good quantity of calcium as well.
Curd helps in digestion
This melange of nutrients present in curd gets easily absorbed by human alimentary canal and curd itself aids in digestion of other food nutrients. It also helps in maintaining the ideal pH balance and alleviates many stomach ailments and helps in relieving from dysentery.
Curd is good for teeth and bone health
Contrary to the popular belief, curd is much better for the maintenance of teeth and bone health due to its high calcium and phosphorus content. Both phosphorus and calcium are important for bones and teeth, and therefore, you must eat loads of curd or dahi regularly if you are dealing with arthritis and osteoporosis.
Curd triggers weight loss
Finally, the importance of curd in weight loss can never be overlooked. Curd is rich in calcium, which hinders the cortisol formation in the body. The lack of balance in cortisol content within the body may lead to various lifestyle-related troubles such as obesity, stress and hypertension. A recent research has informed that having 18 ounces of dahi daily aids in reducing stomach fat as more amount of calcium hinders the cortisol release by fat cells.
There is a lot more that dahi or curd can do for your health and beauty benefits, and a physician will be able to tell you more about this.