Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savitri SubramanyamYour feedback matters!
What is mirena? is it safe for women? what are the disadvantage of use this mirena? If I have no periods after putting this mirena, is it safe for my health? Please give your suggestion? I have so much of confusion about this product. Shall I use this or not?
Soon after ovulation I have been experiencing pain in my legs and sensitivity in my breasts. Is ths possible pregnancy or jus PMS? How do I knw if im pregnant?
Condom broke during sex but there was no cum, took an ipill approx 40 hours after Intercourse Started a birth control pill approx 3 days after taking the ipill and had unprotected Intercourse exactly a week after the last intercourse again involved to cum inside the vagina Still 17 days to go for periods but there is vaginal bleeding Bleeding feels like the end of periods phase. Could this be implantation bleeding. Could I be pregnant?
After cesarean operation I do not feel any sensation on my lower stomach and abdomen since 6 month. Is this pain normal and when I will feel my sensation in that area. I have also gain a lot of weight after cesarean operation. I didn't tie any belt in that area and now my stomach looks very big so please suggest any home remedies so that I can loose weight. Also my 6 month baby is on breast feeding.
I am 29 weeks pregnant and my weight has increased from 72-78 kg since 1st month of pregnancy. Is the weight gain fine? Or should I require to put on more weight. Otherwise I am having normal pregnancy all test are appropriate.
Namaste, I am Dr. Pavan Kumar from Hyderabad. My clinic is in Old Colony Manikonda. I am a post graduate in homeopathy and I'm practicing since 9 years in the Old Colony. Many of the complaints are because of the suppression of the previous complaints when the disease that get started. So whenever the person suffers from the mental complaints or any cause, any suppression the disease will get into the internal body. So then again it will start reappearing in the physical body because the vital force will be very strong. Homeopathy will cure the disease from the roots which means it goes to the mental plain and clears there. So the mental plain is cleared automatically, after that the physical components will get clear.
Bronchitis or respiratory complaints this cause chronic obstructive COPD. So when they are getting treated sometimes from physical complaints may appear so don't get worried about that. After the COPD, all internal complaints get cleared. At last the physical components get cleared in your life and generally when you see an external manifestation, don't try to suppress it. If you fight with it, it will get more stronger than you do. Any other complaint to spread all over your body and spoil your internal health including your mental health permanently. There are only one single disease with multiple hydrotic Hydra type of for expansion. It will show in many dimensions so we thought killing the hydroit, cannot fight with the tentacles all the day. Isn't it?
First of all a person should in homeopathic treatment. The patient should be in a systematic way, disciplinary way in the in terms of food and behavioral pattern and the atmospheric pattern. So it will help the doctor to treat the patient without any disturbance. There won't be any side effects in homeopathic treatment. As I told you in chronic cases after long treatment. Sometimes there may be any aggravation that is very rare. This is a misconception that these are called side effects. There are no side effects in homeopathy but we should not misuse the homeopathic medicine. It will have bad impact in your body so consult a homeopathic doctor who is can understand you as whole and it, who can treat you, then you'll will get a good result in homeopathy.
Cucumber, scientific name Cucumis sativus, belonging to the plant family Cucurbitaceae, has been a winner from the word go. From hunger pangs to skin care, cucumber has never disappointed. While most of the people consider it a healthy practice to have the cucumber peeled before eating, the truth is just the opposite. The health benefits of unpeeled cucumber are beyond imagination. Unfortunately, not many people are aware of this. In this article, we will discuss the health benefits associated with unpeeled cucumber.
- Keep constipation and related problems at bay: If constipation has been giving you sleepless night, worry no more! The answer to all your problems lies in unpeeled cucumber. The cucumber peel is laden with insoluble fiber that goes a long way to improve the conditions of constipation and associated discomfort. For those with hardened stool, the inner part of the cucumber comes as a great relief. A rich source of soluble fiber, it works towards softening the stool. All in all, the unpeeled cucumber aids in preventing digestive and bowel related problems.
- An unpeeled cucumber a day keeps the ophthalmologist away: Not known to many, but the cucumber peel is an excellent source of Vitamin A (beta-carotene). For a healthy vision and eyesight, Vitamin A is important. When you peel the cucumber, the beta- carotene goes straight down the drain, a mistake that can cost you dearly.
- Get rid of the stubborn and unwanted fats: For those into dieting, hunger pangs and food cravings are inevitable. You feel like munching something at every short time interval without affecting the calorie content. An unpeeled cucumber is extremely low in calories (each slice containing ~ 1-2 g of calories). The next time, the hunger pangs come to haunt you, a slice or two of unpeeled cucumber is what you should munch on.
- Slows down the signs of skin aging: Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) comes as a blessing for the skin. It plays a pivotal role in reducing and slowing down the signs of skin aging by protecting the skin from the harmful oxidative damage. It also acts as a catalyst, accelerating the collagen production. The unpeeled cucumber, rather the cucumber peels are a rich source of ascorbic acid, peeling which you rob the skin of an essential vitamin.
- Source of important vitamins: The unpeeled cucumber is also an important source of Vitamin K or blood clotting factor. The health benefits of vitamin K are not new. In addition to regulating the clotting of blood during an injury, Vitamin K is also involved in the mineralization of the bone (thereby reducing bone loss and associated problems). It also ensures the healthy functioning of the brain and may be instrumental in avoiding certain types of cancer.
- Source of Minerals: The cucumber peels are also laden with magnesium, a mineral known for its benefits. From fighting insomnia and migraine related headaches to relieving muscle spasms, improving the digestion to soothing the nerves, magnesium does these all and a lot more.
With so many health benefits, the next time you eat a cucumber, make sure it is unpeeled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi Dr: I'm 10 weeks pregnant (my second child). My TSH level is 6.9, and T4 is 15.4 .Should I take tablets to stimulate the thyroid function? During my first pregnancy my TSH level was 5 and T4 was 10.86. I was given Thyronorm tablets (50 mg) throughout my pregnancy. My GP was suggesting that this time I may not need any thyroid stimulating medicine as my thyroid levels are just on border line. I'm a bit concerned. Please advise. Can I take 50 mg tablet itself for this pregnancy as well.
Sometime I have severe pain in my breast There may be 2 or 3 lump but I do not know what to do it? I discussed with one of the doctor he said that we have to take out that lump through h minor operation. I am not sure that operation will rectify this lump prblm for always. Please I want your advice help me.
Hi, this is slightly private. But whenever I pee or go to the toilet I get a lot of sticky white discharge from where I pee. It isn't there always but sometimes its a lot. My boyfriend is always fascinated by it and wants to eat/lick it but I don't let him. Can I know what is it? Is it normal? I am a virgin. Is it safe for my bf to eat/lick it. Thanks!
I have missed my chums for about a week. Have got done urine pregnancy test which was negative. What is the procedure for medical abortion and cost. How I find if there is some other problem or pregnancy?
Can we have unprotected sex ,if the girl is taking pills to control her menstrual cycle problems. Will there be any chances of pregnancy ?
Many women experience pain in their genitals intermittently or a few times during their lives which may be caused by varying factors. However, when pain in the vulva and the surrounding area occurs in regular cycles or constantly without any underlying reasons, it is known as Vulvodynia. This is characterized by pain in the vulva, the surrounding areas, the entrance to the vagina and the urethra. Let's look at some of the treatment options for Vulvodynia:
1. Topical or local anesthetics: As Vulvodynia is a condition due to the abnormal sensitivity of the area surrounding the vulva, using anesthetics will help to ease the pain. Treatments like ointment and sprays will numb the area and ease the symptoms. This can even be applied before sexual intercourse if it is a trigger for pain.
2. Injections that act as nerve blocks: Some women may experience sensitivity as they may have neural problems and due to this sensitivity in the nerves in the genital area, may suffer from Vulvodynia. This is usually treated with nerve blocks or medications that reduce the sensitivity of the nerves. This should be only after consultation with the doctor.
3. Biofeedback therapy: There are certain forms of physical therapy which can be employed to reduce pain from Vulvodynia. Biofeedback therapy primarily deals with this problem by teaching patients to relax muscles.
4. Physical therapy of the pelvic floor muscles: This is also a common therapy where the patients are taught to relax and control the pelvic muscles. These are the muscles which support the bowel, the bladder and the uterus and specific exercises will help relax them, reducing the symptoms as well as decreasing the incidences of intermittent Vulvodynia.
5. Medications: This is the most common treatment for Vulvodynia. Various medications can be prescribed to patients depending on the type of pain they experience, such as Antihistamines for itching, tricyclic antidepressants for chronic pain among others. Steroids and anticonvulsants are also used to reduce pain.
6. Surgery of the affected area: If your pain is chronic and can't be treated by any other method, then doctors might suggest surgery to remove the bits of tissue from the affected area to reduce sensitivity and pain. However this is done only in the rarest of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Anubhav Gupta and I am a plastic surgeon at Sir Gangaram Hospital.
Today I am going to answer few important questions related to the technique of Liposuction.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a technique in which we inject medicated fluid in the body of a person and after then we take out the fat through suction from the body.
Is Liposuction safe?
Liposuction is a very safe procedure.
Who is a good candidate for Liposuction?
If people come to me for reducing their weight to 80-100 kgs, I refuse for Liposuction, as they are not suitable for this treatment. But people who have localized areas or difficult areas which they are not able to reduce that particular fat part inspite of following a proper diet and regular exercise, they are appropriate candidates. The generalised obesity people are not suitable for Liposuction. This treatment is suitable for such areas of the body which needs to be controlled and sculpted.
What is the duration of a treatment?
Liposuction depends on the number of areas we are treating. For example- Liposuction od abdominal area can be done in 3 hrs, Liposuction of thighs can be done in 1-2 hrs. Hence the treatment duration depends on the number of areas we are treating.
How long is the recovery period?
The recovery period of one area is about 24-48 hours. But if the Liposuction is done in 2-3 areas then you may suffer from pain for 2-3 days. There may occur some bruising which can last for 17-18 days.
Is there any risk or side effects?
If the Liposuction is done in a reputed Hospital through a well-experienced surgeon, then the risks are minimal. There are definitely certain minimal risks after any surgery, which is normal. Common side effect we see in patients after Liposuction is the collection of fluid which is called Seroma which is seen in less than 5% o our cases. apart from this, Bruising may occur for some period. But excluding these issues, it is quite safe if it is done by the well- an experienced or a well-trained surgeon in a controlled environment and in a healthy manner.
If you have any queries regarding Liposuction, You can contact me through Lybrate.
My hb level is 10.8 and I hav the problem of very low blood flow of my periods which was like a two to three drops. For past two month I am facing this problem please suggest me how to cure this problem.
Pregnancy loss could be devastating. Not only does it affect a woman mentally, but it also often takes a huge toll on her confidence. Post miscarriage trauma is a common phenomenon in this case. The range of emotion a woman might go through include denial, guilt, anger, depression envy and yearning. Although the process of grieving takes a lot of time, the first step towards post miscarriage trauma is to accept the inevitable and move on.
Here is a list of tips that will greatly help a woman to cope up with the loss:
- Take time: While listening to friends and family seems to be the best course of action around this time, your loved ones need not get priorities at this time. If you believe that clearing your baby’s belongings is causing pain to you, take the time to prepare yourself. Clear away the stuff only when you are emotionally ready to do so.
- Create memories: While a lot of people suggest to completely get rid of all the memories that are attached to the baby, it may not be a great thing to do. Studies have shown that creating a memory about your loss helps to heal faster. So go ahead and take a picture with your baby, plant a tree, take a footprint or christen the baby. Good memories attached to your baby will not haunt you about the loss.
- Take care: Do not neglect your personal health and well-being. Eat well, take enough rest, quit smoking and drinking and seek pleasure in your loved one's company. The more you embrace life, better are your chances to get back to the grooves. Following an old hobby or working out one hour per day goes a long way in the process of healing.
- Get your partner’s help: Being open about your emotions is a good thing to do. Express your feelings about the baby to your partner. The process of coping up can be entirely different from each other. What matters is to let each other’s feelings known. Your partner’s broad shoulder is your best bet to come out of your loss.
- Set the expectations right: Women often get cranky and irritated after a miscarriage. Speak to your loved ones and let them know about your feelings. This will help you to get your loved ones support you and let you heal quickly from your loss.
- Support group: It is very comforting to share your feelings with people who have already experienced the kind of loss you have faced. Sharing in person can reduce your pain a great deal. A spiritual healer or a professional psychiatrist can also play a crucial role in your recovery.