Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Savithri SubramanianYour feedback matters!
I have completed 14 weeks of pregnancy and my first combined test (First trimester test+ NT scan) looks fine. Doctor recommended next scan (Anomaly scan) on 19 weeks. Here my question is do I need to start any vitamin tablet now. Also can anyone tell me what are all other scan and medication I need to take for normal pregnancy and followed by natural delivery. Thanks, Tapaswini.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am suffering from PCOD. The doctors detected it in 2014 and then I was put on medication. After my medicines finished, I could feel the change. But now again the symptoms have started showing. I am quite over weight too. Can this be a reason? I am worried that this might affect my fertility as well. What should I be doing to get rid of this problem forever.
I had spotting in my period which differs from regular period. I had nausea morning sickness abdomen pain etc.what can i do?
Puran Poli – Healthy or Unhealthy?
Gudi padwa is around the corner, this festive season is incomplete without puran poli right. Puran poli is a classic maharashtrian delicacy. It is a pan-griddled sweet bread stuffed with split yellow gram (channa dal) or red gram (toovar/arhar dal).
It has various regional names like paruppu poli in tamil, holige or obbattu in kannada, ubbati in konkani. The taste also varies from region to region. It is sweet and is circular like a parantha. It is a festive dessert. The stuffing is called puran and the parantha-like bread is called as poli.
But. Hold on if you think puran poli is bad think again every food has its merit and demerits, the key is to maintain moderation.
Puran poli is supposed to be a high cal food, right. It is upto you to make it healthy, use whole wheat flour instead of maida, use ghee sparingly.
Lets look at its merit:
- Puran poli made with whole wheat flour is rich in complex carbs, fibre, gives b complex vitamins, certain minerals. Dals as we all know gives give good amount of protein, what you all will be surprised to know is that this combination of cereal i.e. wheat flour and protein from dals will provide you with good quality protein, which can be compared to egg which is considered as high biological value with almost 100% bioavailability i.e. of excellent quality. This combination provides all the required amino acids which are building blocks of protein.
- Futher it has lot of jaggery which contains iron, cacium, potassium, phosphorus, it is releases energy slowly, as it is digested slower than sugar. Further jaggery also aids in digestion, as jaggery breaks and becomes alkaline in the digestive system.
- Addition of green cardamom powder, saffron, nutmeg powder, mace (javantri) powder which have essential volatile oils, boosts digestion and are antispasmodic, carminative, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Go ahead and enjoy this festive delicacy, but keep it as festive delicacy and do not gorge on it, it is to be enjoyed only during festival season.
Enjoy gudi padwa with puran poli.
I m not having my periods from last 8 months. Can I know the cause of it and please suggest me its remedies.
My wife is 26 years old and suffering from pcos problem. We are trying for three years for baby. Today my wife 's transvaginal sonography is done. She has bicornuate uterus. Is there something difficulties for conceive having bicornuate uterus. Please suggest we are so anxious.
I am 63 yrs old and suffering from right side cervical vertebrae 3& 4th area pain with right buttock and pelvic pain for the past ten. Years. Please suggest me.
I am suffering from PCOD. I am trying to conceive last 3 years, but didn't get result. What should I do.
I'm 21 weeks 6 days pregnant.in my scanning report seems that my placenta is low lying. What is that means? How is it occur? What is the remedies to prevent bleeding? please help me to know about this. What can I will do for this.
I had unprotected sex post my lmp. What is the earliest I can take a hpt. What are the chances I can get pregnant. I have one baby and last month did a sonography and all my reports were normal. I fee bloated and slight cramps at nights.
Hello Dr. My Gf took emergency contraceptive pill and after that she is having abdomen pain and vomiting sensation. She vomited after about 5 hours of taking the pill. Is his a common side effect and is it necessary to take the pill again as she has vomited. This is the first time so we are really confused.
Is sonography report always tells about pregnancy n periods problems at same time or it has different types of sonography for pregnancy n period problem.Please tell.
Mam Mere periods bhot delay Ho gye hai and ab tk start nhi hui. Delay k 7 days bad pregnancy test Kia to result negative aaya. Lekin test k bad aaj fifth day hai or ab tk start ni hue. Agar 2 din bad fir se test krti hu or result negative aata hai to periods start krne k kya krna hoga. By chance agar test ka result positive aaya to tab periods start krne k liye kya krna chahiye. please help me out.
We had unprotected sex on the last day of my periods and its been a month I still dint get my periods. I took this I pill within 48 hrs. Am I pregnant.
I am 29 years old unmarried female. During sex with my partner I observe white liquid coming from my one of the breast. It was thin, white colored and around 3-4 drops. I checked my pregnancy but I m not pregnant.
I am 29 year old having sex regularly with my girlfriend and we don't use condom. 5 month back when I used to ejaculate, my penis throw or you can say the sprays a good amount of sperms on her face from her vaginal side but now when I ejaculate I simply discharge below her belly but the quantity of sperms is same. My girlfriend also do not enjoy this and always ask me to squirt like before. Is there any problem with my penis?
Proteins are extremely important for your health. Protein is present in every cell of your body, it generally makes up your hair and nails along with keratin. Your body needs various supplements to stay healthy, such as fats and carbohydrates. These are called macronutrients (you need to consume it in huge amounts to stay hale and hearty).
Where can you find protein?
- It is present in milk, fish, eggs and meat.
- If you happen to be a vegan you can consume soy, beans, legumes and nut butter.
- Protein bars, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, anchovies, peanut butter, tofu, wheat germ, quinoa and edamame also contain a high amount of protein.
Why should you consume protein?
- It can reduce the risk of diabetes by producing natural insulin and progesterone protein.
- The substance called hemoglobin carries oxygen to your blood cells. So without hemoglobin oxygen would not be supplied to your muscles.
- If you have a heat shock, proteins can help reduce the stress and rebuild your cells.
- If you have lack of protein in your diet, it will be difficult for you to move and can also result in paralysis.
- Since protein is present in your hair and nails, it also helps to make your skin taut and look younger since structural protein includes collagen. There are a lot of products available in the market like collagen creams; since collagen contains protein it is not possible that creams containing proteins applied on the skin can make your skin better. It is highly necessary to consume protein such that your blood flow contains proteins. This will make your skin seem youthful.
- After a surgery, it is important that you stack up on protein, because protein helps to close your wounds and make them heal faster.
- Protein shakes are also very useful when you want to attain a healthier physique after hitting the gym. During a workout, your body goes through a lot of micro-tears (wear and tear caused in your muscle due to contraction of your muscle). So taking protein shakes after a heavy workout helps your muscle tissues to be healed completely.