Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Savithri Subramanian
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savithri SubramanianYour feedback matters!
How to conceive when having PCOS and want to conceive. And what to eat during pregnancy for healthy baby and what to avoid. What life style we should lead during pregnancy.
Sir I had my periods on 20th of this month and after it I am having them again. I took contraceptive pill this weekend is this due to it.
Hi. Does vomiting. Bloated. And breast tenderness normal after doing abortion, I still feel I bit cramps. But bleeding happens for 5 days. With only light to moderate. Very small blood clots .thread like blood clots only. Is it normal and fine for 5 weeks pregnant abortion?
I am female pregnant 6 month second baby am 28 years am having infection in private part and very bad back pain.
Sir abhi abhi meri wife ko electric shock laga hai aur bo kah rahi hai ki mere body me stamina hi nahi hai ki me kuchh kar sakoon sir electric shock kya jyada risky hota hai sir agra kisi ko electric shock lag jay to kya karna chahia.
Diagnostic Tests Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests: These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH,PROLACTIN,VDRL,HIV,HBSAG,HCV,AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound: A complete ultrasound of the uterus and adnexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests: In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy: For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy: uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
The shoulders are the strongest and the most often used areas of the body as they are connected to the neck, chest, hands and elbows. Therefore, it should not come as a surprise that shoulder pain and wear and tear of this area, including the rotor cuff and bursa, is also quite common. The shoulders may face plenty of wear and tear when it comes to the ligaments, tissue and other such elements. The shoulder joint may also get injured with repetitive actions that are involved in the life of a sportsperson, a carpenter, a painter and other such professionals.
There are a number of ways in which one can deal with shoulder pain. Here are the best measures that you can take in order to deal with the same.
- Increase the range of motion: One should increase the range and variety of motions so that the stiffness and soreness that primarily comes from repetitive actions, may be avoided. If you are only lifting materials, then you may also want to swing the arm at regular intervals to increase the blood flow and exercise the various nerves. Also, this will help in giving rest to the affected region of the shoulder. Rehabilitation therapy can help in introducing one to a range of motions that will give rest to the affected area and bring in new positions.
- Perform strengthening exercises: One of the best ways to keep pain and stiffness at bay is to create plenty of core strength in the muscles and joints of the area. You can try out various exercises as per the physiotherapist and the physical therapy exercises so that you can build strength. This will also help in keeping the pressure off of the affected area. You can add some weights to the exercise routine so that there is extra strength built up in the process.
- Do aerobic exercises: Aerobic exercises are known to increase the blood circulation to the area. The tendon and the bursa in particular benefit substantially from this kind of exercise. This will also bring the soreness down so that the pain and stiffness do not affect you.
- Try heat and ice therapy: You can use ice packs to soothe the inflammation in the affected area. This is usually recommended for acute pain and new injuries. Similarly, you can use heat packs and hot showers to soothe chronic pain as and when the same returns. However, you should be careful so that the scalding temperature does not leave burns and marks.
- Medication: You can also have painkillers as well as gels and ointments that can be used for topical relief. These must be taken with a doctor’s prescription.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!