Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Satyavathi NambiYour feedback matters!
When there is a most possibility to get pregnant with respect to mensuration cycle? Is it safe to do sex during periods?
I am 28 weeks pregnant nd I have noticed that sweeping in one side of areola on left breast. I have visited my GYN she said that its Montgomery tuberculosis, it itches and sometimes have burning sensation and some times it pains. But I have google it and it shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out now. And that swelling reduced a bit when I compressed steam on it. But it pains on some parts on my breast and three is no lumps but I am freaking out now. I don't know what to do. Can it be possible to diagnosed breast cancer during pregnancy? Can you pls tell me that is this symptoms of breast cancer? Or is it normal in pregnancy?
My self lavanya. My body temperature is hot and I had Brown color discharge from my vagina. My period is on 11 I am 7 days late to my period am I pregnant.
(This is the report of my mom's MRI scan.) Findings: The study reveals multiple (at least2) largeheterogeneousnecrotic and haemorrhagic intraaxial mass lesions are seen in left peritrigonal region. L and left parietal lobe with moderate to marked perifocal vasogenic oedema and mass effect resulting in effacement of overlying cortical sulci and left ventricle with mild midline shift towards right side - s/o neoplastic etiology - metastases. Can you explain this report?
I am 31 weeks pregnant and my tifa report is showing fetus lie longitudinal cephalic position. Please tell me what is the mean. And how I know my baby is left or right in my tummy.
When it is prefect and best time for sex to have a baby as my last lmp was on 6-2-16 and before that on 4-2-16. please suggest me some tips. I lost my baby for two times and married since 2012.
Hi I am 25 years old girl and I am sexually active so last week around 27 and 28 Feb I had sex with no protection but afterwards I had an ipill but today I bleed little much initially I thought I might be in periods but now it has stopped so I am in doubt about what it is exactly. Are there chances of getting pregnant Thank you.
Hi. My wife is in third month of pregnancy. She often vomits whatever she eats and she has giddiness and stomach pain and morning sickness. We visited a gynecologist and she said vomiting will reduce only after third month. Is there any way to reduce vomiting and giddiness?
I am 34 years old married 5 months ago. We have been trying for a baby from the very beginning but still not having a good news. My wife is in a very depression state for this. She is a staff nurse and works with gynecologist. Inspire of having relationships according to ovulation period, we are fruitless. What should we do. Please suggest.
My daughter aged 18 years has PCOD, and due to this she is 90+ kg, is this problem curable, Now her periods are regular and she is taking walk and exercise daily along with swimming, kindly advice how to solve this?
As we all know that IVF stands for In vitro fertilisation. It is a method of stimulating the ovaries in a female body, to release an ovum (egg), which is taken out of the body and fertilised artificially in the laboratory with the help of a sperm. After this, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus where it grows and develops naturally.
Understanding the Procedure
- The doctor attempts to have complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles, so as to know the correct time of the month when you ovulate. This includes, charting basal body temperatures, hormonal therapy drugs etc.
- Frequent blood tests, ultrasound will be required to map the progress of ovulation.
- Injections, drugs will be prescribed in required dosage to stimulate the ovaries.
- During this time, the doctors will monitor the growth of oocytes (eggs).
- After a suitable growth of the oocytes follicles, the eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination. (Fertilisation with the use of sperm cells in the laboratory).
- After the successful fertilisation, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus.
Can IVF have side effects?
- As a side effect it has a major chance of multiple pregnancies. People intending to have just one child, may not be mentally or economically prepared to take the responsibility of more than one child.
- The drugs and medicines used throughout the IVF procedure may create hormonal complications in the long run. It bears a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, if the mother has to go through the cycle multiple times.
But it offers a number of benefits too...
- IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by a large percentage. It is one of the most successful methods of boosting fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples, who have repeatedly failed to bear children naturally, can opt for this treatment to produce their own offspring.
- In case the couples are completely infertile, donor eggs or sperms may be used in the process. However, in that case, the offspring will not bear the DNA of both parents.
- IVF can greatly reduce the chance of surgery on the fallopian tubes.
- IVF also provides an opportunity to choose the healthiest embryos before implanting it back in the uterus. A procedure, known as the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, determines the presence of any abnormal genes or other chromosomal absurdity.
- The procedure of IVF has a very high success rate and with technological advancements in the field of medicine, it has also become much safer.
- IVF allows women, who go into premature menopause, to be able to bear a child. This treatment is mostly for women who decide to experience motherhood at a slightly older age.
- IVF allows same sex partners and single women to bear an offspring.
- It is extremely helpful for women who have their fallopian tubes damaged, blocked or surgically removed.
How to do safe sex with your partner as you do not know about she might have any infectious disease. Can we do kissing, sucking, vaginal sex without any fear? So how to do?
I have endometriosis. .no bleeding. .but if I carry out heavy things or climb up steps fast. .I get slight pain in the lower abdomen side. No other discharge. My age is 55. Weight is 64 kg. .Can I go for brisk walks or play badminton. Last year's annual scan showed small cyst in uterine wall. .should it be removed. .will it grow?
Hi I'm 26 year old male we don't have a plan for a baby rite now my wife has pregnant 1 month how to stop pregnancy.
How to maintain body harmonious. A changing of harmonious in my body I am suffering a lost cause of periods. My age is 26. Give me a suggestion.
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.