Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satyavathi Nambi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satyavathi NambiYour feedback matters!
I'm 24 years. I had taken unwanted 72 on 3rd October around 3 hours of sex. My last period was on 15 th September and I was expecting periods on 13th October. Still I didn't get periods. How long periods can be delayed and am I pregnant?
I am 26 year old female. My query is regarding menstrual period. I took ipill on 2nd Jan, 2018 after having sex with my bf the previous night. We had protected sex but took ipill to be on safe side. I had my last periods on 27th Dec, 2017. As of today on 27th jan, 2018, my periods has still not arrived. Can my periods be delayed more or should I check for pregnancy?
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well-known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:-
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Help in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym work outs are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I and my wife had intercourse with use of condom, but after discharge I found that condom broke. My wife periods are going to come today or last by tomorrow as per her cycle, but she is worried for unwanted pregnancy. Time of intercourse today between 2 pm to 4 pm. Kindly advice what can be done and when can she go for pregnancy home kit test?
COPD, short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is an inflammatory disease of the lungs. The disease obstructs the flow of air in the lungs and subsequently causes difficulty in breathing. Prolonged exposure to cigarette smoke, gases or particulate matter can lead to this condition. The condition transcends all age brackets meaning it can affect anyone from young teenagers to aged adults. People who contract this disease are at an increased likelihood of developing cardiovascular conditions and lung diseases, in addition to a horde of other conditions.
Causes of COPD
1. The chief cause of COPD is smoking tobacco and being subjected to fumes from cooking and heating. A study estimated that in and around 25% of long-standing smokers develop symptoms of this condition. Yet, statistics show that COPD is often misdiagnosed until an elaborate evaluation is diagnosed.
2. Conditions like Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are also known to cause the disease. Your lungs depend on the intrinsic elasticity of the air sacs and bronchial tubes that help facilitate the passage of air through the lungs. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease causes these passages to lose their elasticity thus rendering them partially ineffective.
Symptoms of COPD
The symptoms of COPD do not appear until the lungs are significantly damaged and the condition tends to deteriorate if smoking persists. Apart from coughing and production of sputum, other apparent symptoms include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stiffness and tightness of chest
- A persistent cough
- Fatigue and weakness
- Weight loss
- Frequent allergic reactions of the respiratory glands
Along with the aforementioned symptoms, patients who are diagnosed with COPD are likely to experience bouts of exacerbation, during which their symptoms heighten and tend to grow worse for several days.
Although anyone can contract the condition, certain people are at an increased risk of condition. Such risk factors include:
- Chronic smoking
- A medical history of asthma
- Exposure to chemicals and dusts
- Weakening of the immune system with increasing age
If you experience or entertain symptoms or suspicions of this disease, consulting a pulmonologist is duly advised.
Hi. I am 23 years old. Within how many days does the menses will come. After taking mensovit plus tablet of 6 capsules 3 per day.
I am suffering from heavy white discharge to not stop from 2 years continuously please help me I take a ayurveda medicine bt no use this problem is no cure.
Do I get any std or STI or HIV or AIDS? Last 10 days before a transgender done a blow job for me. And I am only received that. And before this itself I have a low immune power. Do I need to undergo any test? If yes means what test I need to do and where in chennai and what's the cost of the test? Please kindly give me a brief answer because I was worrying about this for past 10 days and this is the first time I did and I won't do this anymore please.
Over exerting our bodies and indulging in excessive physical exercise might result in complications. It could lead to muscular, psychological, hormonal, neurological and other imbalances. Clinical psychological says too many hours in gym can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome" one must remember that anything that your body does will directly affect your mind"