Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 21 and married I am trying to conceive and I want to have twins what are the Chance's that I can have twins and how can i?
Spinach has many important roles to play in maintaining a healthy body; various health benefits of spinach include the following:
Spinach is a rich source of beta carotene, lutein and xanthine, all of which are beneficial for eyesight. Beta carotene is supplied to the eyes by cooked spinach. It can prevent people from suffering from vitamin a deficiency, itching eyes, eye ulcers and dry eyes. This is also due to some of the anti-inflammatory properties of spinach, which can reduce the puffiness or irritation in the eyes.
Age-related macular degeneration (amd):
Amd or retinitis pigmentosa is responsible for causing blindness. It is due to the degeneration of lutein and xanthine which form a central part of the retina. According to research conducted by the oak ridge national laboratory, the consumption of spinach can result in regaining two vital pigments and effectively preventing amd. Spinach also contains a wealth of antioxidants that reduce the harmful effects of free radicals, which are known to negatively impact vision and cause age-related conditions like glaucoma and macular degeneration as well.
Several components of spinach like potassium, folate, and various antioxidants are known to provide neurological benefits to people who regularly consume them. According to neurology, folate reduces due the occurrence of alzheimer’s disease, so spinach is a very good idea for people who are at high risk of neural or cognitive decline. Potassium is an integral part of brain health as well, and it has been linked to increased blood flow to the brain, and heightened cognition, concentration, and neural activity.
Maintains blood pressure:
Spinach has a very high content of potassium and a low content of sodium. This composition of minerals is very beneficial for high blood pressure patients as potassium lowers and sodium raises the blood pressure. The folate present in spinach also contributes to the reduction of hypertension and relaxes blood vessels, while maintaining proper blood flow. By reducing blood pressure and relaxing the tension of vessels and arteries, you can reduce stress on the cardiovascular system and increase oxygenation to the body’s organ systems for optimal functionality.
A component of spinach, factor c0-q10, which is an antioxidant, plays an important role in strengthening muscles, especially heart muscles which continuously pump blood to all parts of the body. According to the journal of cardiovascular nursing, c0-q10 can be used to prevent and treat many cardiovascular diseases like hyperlipidemia, heart failure, hypertension and coronary heart disease.
Spinach is a good source of vitamin k, which functions in retaining calcium in the bone matrix, thereby leading to bone mineralization. Apart from this, other minerals like manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus also help in building up of strong bones. This in turn can prevent an individual from developing osteoporosis of the bones. These minerals are also essential for maintaining healthy teeth and nails.
Reduced risk of cataracts:
The lutein and zeaxanthin present in spinach both act as strong antioxidants, thus preventing the eyes from the harsh effects of uv rays that can lead to cataracts. They also reduce the impact of free radicals, which can be a major cause of cataracts and other eye conditions.
Proper metabolic activity:
There is a reason why doctors recommend adding spinach in a significant way to your diet. The amount of protein found in spinach is impressive for any vegetable, and they are easily broken down by enzymes into amino acids that are essential to humans. The re-formed mammal proteins aid our muscle development and growth, our body’s ability to heal wounds, and provides a boost for our entire metabolism, encouraging all of our organ systems to function at their optimal level. Also recent study suggests that thylakoid found in spinach can curb cravings and hunger which can further help in weight loss.
It has been found that spinach and some other vegetables have the ability to protect the mucous membrane of the stomach, thereby decreasing the occurrence of gastric ulcers. Furthermore, the glycoglycerolipids found in spinach can boost the strength of the digestive tract lining, thereby preventing any unwanted inflammation in that part of the body that can cause harm.
Prevents atherosclerosis and strokes:
Atherosclerosis is caused due to the hardening of the arteries. A pigment called lutein that is found in spinach has been shown to reduce the occurrence of atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes. This is due to the fact that spinach proteins tend to reduce the cholesterol and other fat deposits in the blood vessels.
Folate found in spinach is needed by a growing fetus for proper development of its new nervous system. Defects like cleft palate or spina bifida may occur due to a deficiency of folate. The vitamin a contained in spinach is advised to be consumed in higher quantities by the mother. Vitamin a is required in the lung development of the fetus as well, and can be transferred during breast-feeding, so spinach consumption should be continued after birth as well.
There are many anti-inflammatory compounds found in spinach, more than a dozen, in fact. They are classified into the category of methylenedioxyflavonol glucuronides, and spinach is one of the most powerful vegetables when it comes to reducing inflammation throughout the body. This not only means protecting the heart from dangerous inflammation and preventing cancer, but also in reducing the inflammation and associated pain from conditions like arthritis and gout, which afflict millions of people around the world.
Spinach is made up of various important constituents that have been found to be promising in the treatment and prevention of various kinds of cancer. These include bladder, prostate, liver and lung cancers. Different constituents in spinach like folate, tocopherol and chlorophyll act via different mechanisms to treat and protect patients suffering from cancer.
Recent studies have revealed that spinach is very effective against aggressive prostate cancer, and this has been linked to epoxyxanthophylls, which are unique carotenoids, along with neoxanthin and violaxanthin, that directly reduce tumorous activity and the spread of cancer throughout the body.
Different phytonutrients and pigments have been shown to protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun, including uv rays. These not only protect, but also repair the damaged genes to some extent, thereby preventing skin cancer in the long run.
Protein source for infant growth:
‘popeye the sailor man’ is known for his obsession with spinach. The cartoon was deliberately aimed to convince children to eat spinach and get strong. Infants are advised to be fed with spinach, which is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. These will result in proportionate development in their essential growing stages.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. please tell me my proper diet chart. Are papaya and pine apple not safe in pregnancy?
Sir my mother had been suffring from brest cancer from last 6to7 month please suggest me we clear the brest cancer
Sir when we have gone through pap smear test we got report like mild moderate dysplasia what does it means.
Mam its my first pregnancy although every thing is normal m dilated 3cm as well but I did not feel lightening of the baby that is why m a bit concerned about how to help baby engage as I do not want a c sec. M not sure if the baby has engaged or not but not feeling that much of pressure on blaďder as people say they feel after lightening. M taking regular 20 min walk even squatting 5 times in a day. What else could I do. M feeling my stomach still high.
My daughter got married 3 years ago but no good news received. It is suspected that problem is from husband side. As a result there is always clashes between them. If there is no physical relationship between them, then there wouldn't be any reason to be happy. I am seeking an expert advice from experienced psychologist in this concern. Please provide help. Regards.
Health is wealth! This age old adage holds true even today. The usual practice of 3 meals a day needs some tinkering and 5 small meals a day seems like a good way forward. Go to any dietician or any nutritionist and they will vouch for its benefits. So, let us now take a look at the many advantages that come up with this multiple meal plan:
- Alter the food schedule and instil a sense of discipline: It helps in altering your food schedule. When you spread your meals throughout the day, it allows you to try different dishes without over consuming any one dish. With more opportunities to eat healthy, you can develop proper diet charts and follow it properly across the entire day. Moreover, it teaches you discipline to keep a check on your diet.
- Keeps a check on binge eating and overeating: Five meals a day plan can help you control your weight. Intake of small meals prevents binge eating. You don't need to consume in large quantity at once if there are more meals to look forward to throughout the duration of the day. Smaller meals, condition you in such a way that you do not indulge in overeating even if you are outside.
- Something in every meal: Since you're opting for five meals a day, you will indulge in different types of food items throughout the day right from vegetables, fruits, cereals, eggs, milk-shakes and much more. This will not only keep your palette satisfied, but will also make sure that you get all the right amount of nutrients as nothing healthy will be left out.
- Goes hand in hand with all the diet charts and plans: Eating healthy and in small portion ensures that you are on course for your diet plan. Five meals a day will give you a chance to screen your nourishment intake and manage it more viably. It also helps in keeping your appetite under check. It maintains a healthy balance between healthy eating and satiating your hunger.
Disregard the three-feast model; it has now become obsolete. Your busy schedule requests that you take a more dynamic approach to your nourishment. Five meals a day is just the right way to ensure that you have your share of proper nutrients every day.
Related Tip: "5 Energy - Boosting Foods to Try"
My wife suffering form irregular of periods. Gape of periods is mostly 5-6 month. & blooding is also insufficient. please tell me about its.
Hi, I had sex with my boyfriend just before 4 days of periods. But unfortunately I did not get my periods yet. Its been 9 days we had sex nd 5 days delay of my periods. I'm 100% sure that I'm not pregnant because we used condom very effectively. I observed the same situation previously in my periods delay when we have sex just before they start. Otherwise it is regular every month. Why is it happening. Can someone help me out to understand.
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons, which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon, which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams, which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.
My wife is a cancer patient (osteosarcoma) her chemotherapy is completed on 25thFebruary 2016 and her period resume on June 23, 2016 and in next month is on 18th July, 2016. We have unprotected sex after 26th day is there any chances of getting pregnant or is it safe for her. please reply soon.
I am 37 old female having vaginal wart near valva what is it treatment can I have sex with my husband.?
What if my boyfriend comes just a little in my vagina opening the hole not far from my bum then I get pregnant how long once he had cum with me and cum in me on 25th do I leave it before I test to see if pregnant as only be having sex on that day in that hole as hurts when have sex in that hole but got to so I can get pregnant.
My period date is usually 2-3 of starting month. I had unprotected sex on 23 november nd unfortunately he secretes sperm inside me nd I took the pill also within 2 hours. Am I pregnant.
Sexual problems can arise at any stage of sexual activity, which prevents the individual from enjoying sexual activity. The causes of sexual difficulties may be psychological, physical or both.
Sexual disorders are classified into four categories
Sexual desire disorder- May be due to the decrease in the normal production of oestrogens and testosterone. Other causes being ageing, fatigue, and pregnancy. Some psychological causes such as Anxiety and Depression also causes low libido.
Sexual Arousal disorder- Grouped as frigidity in women and impotence in male. Impotence now known as erectile dysfunction is characterised by the difficulty to maintain an erection of the penis during sexual activity.
Orgasm disorder- Is a delay or absence of orgasm following the normal sexual excitement phase. It occurs in both male and female.
Sexual pain disorder- It mostly affects the women, known as Dysparuinia known as painful intercourse caused due to insufficient lubrication.
Vaginismus known as the spasm of muscles of the vaginal wall.
Some common symptoms:
In men are:
The absence of ejaculation.
Inability to maintain time of ejaculation.
Difficulty getting an erection.
In women are:
Difficulty reaching orgasm.
Burning pain in vulva or vagina.
Inadequate vaginal lubrication.
Physical factors in sexual difficulties:
Enlarged prostate gland
Drugs such as alcohol, nicotine, narcotics.
Homeopathy for sexual problems:
Sexual disorders are disturbances in the sexual response which may be due physical or mental disturbances. Homeopathic Treatment acts by increasing blood supply and exciting the nerves. It is also helpful in sexual disorders associated with psychological disturbances. The Homeopathic Treatment gives a feeling of wellness and thus regains the vigor.