Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Satya NarayanaYour feedback matters!
Along with curing anger and stress, yoga is also beneficial in treating osteoporosis, either by itself or in combination with different medicines. Osteoporosis is an illness described by weak and diminishing bones that can result in cracks and fractures in the bones. Some of the postures that can be helpful in treating osteoporosis are as follows:
- Utthita trikonasana: Uttihita trikonasana is an expanded triangle posture which is helpful in curing many diseases. Along with diminishing the side effects of osteoporosis, it additionally avoids soreness, increases strength and gets rid of spinal pain. Begin this posture by standing straight with your legs separated by four feet. Then, extend the arms to the ground with the palm facing downwards. Slide the left leg across the right side of your body. You need to slide it behind the left leg. Now extend your right leg towards the left side of your body. This will leave you in a sitting position. Where your right leg is placed on top of your left leg, make sure both your knees are on top of each other. Now straighten your body to an upright position.
- Ardha chandrasana: This asana is also called as the half-moon posture. This posture comes under hatha yoga and is beneficial for various medical issues, for example, osteoporosis, menstrual issues, exhaustion, sciatica and stomach-related cramps. You can practice this pose to get rid of osteoporosis and appreciate a sound body.
- Padangusthasana: This stance delicately stretches and strengthens persistently tight hamstrings.
- Adho mukha svanasana: It is one of yoga's most commonly practiced postures. Adho mukha svanasana offers a definitive wholesome, reviving stretch.
- Utthita hasta padangustasana: In this pose, keeping up the balance while standing on one foot strengthens your endurance capabilities.
- Utthita parsvakonasana: Discover the flexibility in your sides of the body from your heel to your fingertips with an extended side angle pose.
- Utthita trikonasana: It is a broadened triangle posture and is important as a standing posture in many styles of yoga.
- Ardha chandrasana: Make proper balance with your leg and the lower part of your leg as you look for strength and flexibility into this adjusting posture.
- Parivrtta parsvakonasana: This revolved side angle pose, a variation of utthita parsvakonasana requires a considerable measure of adaptability to bend flexibly and balance on the back heel.
- Uttanasana: Uttanasana will awaken your hamstrings and will help you to calm your brain.
- Urdhva dhanurasana: Urdhva dhanurasana can help in strengthening your arms, legs, abdomen and spine all at once.
- Virabhadrasana: Named after a wild warrior, an incarnation of Shiva, this adaptation of a warrior pose increases the stamina.
Yoga is one of the most secure measures and medicines for osteoporosis. It is something that anyone of any age can do at any place. The advantages are numerous and dangers are few if done properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Which is the perfect place for jogging. Road or sand road or grass there is any harm to knees if I do jogging on Road.
I am female of 30 years I had low back pain and upper back pain. Lower back pain started from two months.
I am 23 year old male and sometimes I feel back pain all of a sudden. I feel the pain even when I breathe. But it will last for only a couple of days. What should I do?
I am 25 years old I has body pain and joints pain last 5 days. Pls give what a reason it and recover instruction.
My back bone and hands snd legs pains very badly And when ever I go to play I can't play because my legs started paining also when I run or walk fastly So please give me suggestion.
Sir, I have shoulder pain since last year. I also consulted a orthopaedic whose medicine worked well but pain started again after leaving the medicine. So, should I go to a neurologist?
I am having swelling and pain just above my knee and can climb up the stairs but it pains with every step I get down the stairs. I am 55 yers and recently my blood test for rheumatoid arthritis came nil. If I wear knee cap there is little relief. What could be the cause and cure for this?
My mother is 54 yrs old and she is suffering form internal pain in back specially in the morning. During the day n night she ll be ok. She has thyroid and she is taking medicine of bp as well.
My symptoms began a year ago I was not diagnosed with PMR until the end of July when the RA Doctor put me on a 15 mg daily dose of Predisone. Within a week I felt like a totally different person. I thought I had my life back. In Sept my blood work showed my inflammatory markers had dropped.
The human body, a product of millions of years of evolution was built for movement, for activity, speed and precision. However, over the last few centuries, civilization has made our requirements to move much less than it was necessary for our ancestors. Our body is the same as it was millions of years ago, but the modifications in our lifestyle devoid of any physical activity has taken their toll. This is leading to increased incidents of back pain because of abnormal stresses on our spine. Back pain is an affliction which affects about 80% of population at one point or another in their lifetime and sadly the indications are that the incidents keep rising.With advanced technology, fewer physical complaints were to be expected, but this is not so. In fact, even today primitive races like aborigines in Australia suffer far less from back pain then, the so - called civilized races. Therefore, greater mobility and physical fitness is the hall mark in preventing back problems. There are over 100 expected causes of low back pain and many more incidents where the cause cannot be found out. But the most common cause of back pain is the wear and tear of the structures constituting the spine and this is mostly due to abnormal use of back and poor posture.The information given below helps to prevent and reduce the incidents of back pain.
Good posture - The most important way to prevent back aches, good posture, can be defined as any position which allows good use of the body for a specific task and is comfortable for as long as the position is held. Even though bad posture may not cause any discomfort, continuous poor posture will result in long term cause .
Back Posture in standing - Stay slim so that abnormal forces are not put on the spine. If you stand or walk a lot, low heeled shoes are necessary to maintain the proper curve at the small of your back.
Sitting - Choose a chair of the correct height. Feet should be supported on the floor comfortably and should not be dangling. Sit in a chair with proper support for the normal curves of your back. Choose a chair with arm rests. The arm rests should not be too high or low. Reading stance or computer monitor should be at such a height that you do not have to bend to the front or sidevise to do your work.
Lying - The bed should be firm with good mattress and not swinging or slouching because that will spoil the normal curve of the back. Use a single good pillow. It does not matter whether you lie on your back while sleeping or on your side. Sometimes it is comfortable for the back to put a pillow below the knees while lying down.
Driving - Driving seat should support the back properly. If there is a gap in between two back and the seat, it should be filled with small cushion or one can use a back rest. Seated properly, your knee should be higher than your hips. If your job demands long hours of driving on a regular basis, then it is a good idea to break the journey after half an hour to one hour drive, take a little exercise to relieve the stress and restart driving. When getting out of the car, swivel your whole body towards the door rather than suddenly jerking it. Slide your feet on to the ground and then get out.
Lifting - One should follow the principles underlined below: As you approach, relax your knees. Lowering movement should start at the knees and not at the head. After bending your knee get close to the object to be lifted ; almost sit down on the floor keeping the feet apart. One foot should be a little ahead of the other .Lift the object gradually, smoothly and without jerking, keeping the object close to the body and keeping the back straight although not necessarily vertical. Gradually get up without twisting the back, if the load is too heavy get help Pulling or pushing -When pulling or pushing any object - keep the back straight, bend at the hips and knees using your legs rather than your arms or back. Pushing is easier on your back than pulling, so push it if you have a choice.
Fitness -If you are not fit then you are much more likely to damage your back as it will not be as flexible as it should be.
Mobility - Good posture is not possible without a mobile spine and muscle tone. Joints must be moved to keep them. Mobile and the muscles, both the abdominal and back must be used to keep them strong. Back exercises if done once a day, will maintain essential flexibility of the spine and the necessary muscle strength to help to prevent injury.