Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Satish.CYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic type 2 post CABG in 1997 My present test results are FBS 129. PPP 240. Hb1Ac 8% My feet are numb no sensation. Test done - legs have normal blood supply Please suggest medication I am taking are in order Any medication for my numb feet I am taking : Mopaday HS od, glyciphage 1 mg of, Lantus solostat 30 units od Please advise.
How to control diabetes: Prior to Breakfast (Empty stomach) - 165 and After Break Fast -295. Female aged 54 Years.
'Metabolic' are the biochemical processes that are involved in the normal functioning of your body. Risk factors are common traits, habits or conditions that raise your risk of developing a disease. Metabolic syndrome is the term used for a group of factors that increase your risk of developing the cardiac diseases and other health issues, like stroke and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome is becoming a prevalent disorder due to a sharp rise in the rate of obesity among adults. Metabolic syndrome may soon overtake smoking as the dominant risk factor responsible for heart disorders.
The following are some of the dominant symptoms of metabolic syndrome:
- Abdominal obesity
- A high level of Triglyceride( 150 and higher)
- A lowered level of HDL (good cholesterol)
- Blood pressure of 130/85 and above
- Increased level of blood sugar (fasting) of 110 or more
It is not impossible to prevent the onset of metabolic syndrome. Slight lifestyle alterations can help to delay the onset of the disorder. In order to control metabolic syndrome effectively, you need to require long term dedication towards your health.
The following are some tips that may help you to control your metabolic syndrome:
- Lead an active life: Studies suggest that if you lead an active life, you run a lower risk of developing metabolic syndrome. If you exercise on a regular basis and participate in physical activities, it will help you to reduce your blood pressure level. Active lifestyle is also known to improve your insulin sensitivity, which will help you to control your metabolic syndrome effectively.
- Healthy diet: A healthy and balanced diet that comprises of fresh leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and whole grains carbohydrates is good for your overall health and helps to prevent or slow down the onset of metabolic syndrome.
- Drink in moderation: A glass of wine on a daily basis is beneficial for your health. According to recent studies, moderate intake of wine may lower a person's risk of developing metabolic syndrome. It must be kept in mind that wine is only helpful when consumed in moderation. In fact, over indulgence in wine is actually injurious to health.
- Maintain an ideal body weight: Obese people are more prone to suffer from high blood pressure and increased blood sugar level; all of which fuel the risk of developing metabolic syndrome. Reduce your excessive body fat to achieve an ideal body weight to lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.