Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish.C
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish.CYour feedback matters!
I have thyroid t3 -69 t4-56 and tsh 6.9 I am taking theoroxine 100mg 1od kindly guide about dose I am 47 year male.
I have seen hyperthyroidism symptoms in Internet and I need to decide thyroid test. Thyroid test needs empty stomach.
I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism in 2015. However I did not took any medication. On 25/06/2017, I went for another test. But the reports (from Thyrocare) are absolutely normal. I am facing the problem of being under weight and skinny despite eating right things in right amount.
I am diabetic since 18 years and hypertensive since 12 years, with good control. Since 5 years I have ED problem. My doctor prescribed Megalis 10 mg weekly once. Now I am not getting enough erection. Request you to kindly advise. I am 48 years old.
Meri fasting ke sugar 102 thi uske baad mane 1 bowl rice liya, 1 glass milk with proteinix ,phir uske 2 hr baad check ke 139 aaye kya mujhe diabites hai agar hai tho kya medicine le please pescribe me.
I am 42 years old male. I am diabetic patient and also suffer from gastritis. Endoscopy done 2 times in 10 months. H. Pilory seen in report. Sugar ppbs 150 Gastroenterologist give pantodac, moza5, perinorm, antacid syrup. But gas problem suddenly start in my body and I have only way to hospitalized. Doctor gives that inj lika pantropzole, lesuride and relax me. So tell me what do further assistance me.
Istamet vs gluformin what is more better and effective in type 2? my pre sugar test is 200 and post sugar test is 410. I have been told to take istamet once and gluformin once. What is more better for me istamet or gluformin or both?
I am 50 years. Suffering with diabetics for last 12 years with hypertension. Undergone twice coronary anigioplasty in last 2 years. Now under insulin therapy. Need your suggestion on this. Also suffering with frozen shoulder & sexual dysfunction.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.