Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. SathyanYour feedback matters!
I am getting tired very soon. I am engineering student, I work for around 12 to 14 hrs by sitting and my back use to pain much. I have some constipation problem.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
Hi doctor, am 26 years old female, am having too much joint pain including my shoulders, knee and low back. My serum zinc level is low and other blood tests as ana, ra factor, vitamin d, vitamin b12 all are normal. Can you please give me a favourable answer for this as I am affecting too much?
I have knee pain I tried many types of tablets and tubes but there is no use of anything now what I have to do to overcome the problem from it.
I am 19 years old now, when I was 12 I used mastaburate a lot I mean each day. And now m doing sports and now I left mastaburation but I feel weakness in my body. My lower legs pain when I run and even I lost my stamina. How can I recover from whatever I lost please help. I am big body man but m weak according to my body. I just want to recover my full lost energy stamina and everything so that I can do my game easily.
Hi my mother was 48 years old she has backache and neckache also she cannot move his hand properly. Can you please tell me the reason for this.
I am 25 years old girl, my weight is 44 and Height 5 fit 3 inch nd I have eye dark circles and I could not sleep well, feeling very low alway nd having pain in my knees I am looking at 21 & in mature Please give what I should do?
Sir I am suffering form foot pain & muscular pain when I going to morning walk .I am walking 2 to3 kilometers & yoga. Then I want your opinions.
I am 23 years old male, I have backbone pain from 4 days I am using pain relief ointment. But not curing properly why.
Hey. I have severe neck pain from last 2 months, I have applied many creams like moov, oxalgin omnigel but nothing happened. Kindly help me what should I do for it.
Always make the use of cold therapy within the first 24-48 hours of the acute stage of an injury, to prevent tissue damage, or after the first 48 hours if inflammation persists.