Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SathyamurthyYour feedback matters!
These days I am feeling a pain in my eyes and in my head and there is a redness on my face also please tell me what can I do.
I have fine line and wrinkles around eyes it looks horrible when I smile it makes me feel older please help me!
Who wouldn't want a seamless, spot free skin without having to undergo the trouble of enduring the endless assails by ointments, creams, oils and what not. Rashes, burns, abscesses, injuries, wounds, keloids and other skin traumas make the skin unsightly and rather troublesome. While skin eruptions like acnes and pimples are related to the hormonal balances in the body and the blood circulation, there are other skin blotches, which are caused due to external factors. For the formers, blood purifying medicines or palliative creams often abate the same significantly.
However, for the latter group of scars, specific treatments need to be meted out. A large variety of treatments are available for this purpose, however it is wise to first infer the nature and the source of the scar before adopting a given curative method. One practice that one needs to be mindful of is that the scars must be allowed to heal before being treated with any remedial procedures. While a large number of products and medical procedures are available for minimizing the scars, one needs to be discrete while choosing a particular product. Some of the common tactics of reducing or removing scars have been enlisted below.
- Silicone based ointments: Silicone is laden with skin healing properties and is extremely effective as an antioxidant. Thus silicone based ointments, gels or serums can prove advantageous for mitigating scars. One must use it for a prolonged period of time while at the same time taking adequate care to protect the scar from sunrays using SPF based sunscreen.
- Laser treatments: On certain occasions, one may need more than gels or creams to cure the scars. In that regard, there are a large array of surgical procedures available for grappling with specific types of skin ailments. These are most effective on indented scars. Dermal fillers, fraxels and fat grafting are skin treatment methodologies which can effectively remove scars and rejuvenate the skin.
- Letting the wounds breathe: Since a lot of wounds have an occlusive texture, piling them up with creams, oils and capsules often block the wounds and deter their healing process. Therefore, it helps to use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected area and letting air to circulate freely.
How to use aloe vera on face for acne and blackheads. My skin is oily in summer and dry and sensitive in winter.
Hello doc I have pimples from that some are painful and some are allergy like itching on face and oliy skin problem from 10 years now im 24 years old girl but looking like 30s. Please suggest me what should I do.
It is a well-documented fact in medical science that the ultraviolet rays and radiation have been considered as too carcinogenic for humans. This is a fact that has been endorsed by the World Health Organisation (WHO). These rays can causes a number of skin problems ranging from premature aging to skin cancer in case a person is exposed to the sun for prolonged periods of time. Read this article to know how sun exposure can put your aging process on the fast track.
- All about UV Radiation: UV or ultraviolet radiation is found in the sunlight which travels to the Earth in the form of electromagnetic waves. This radiation passes through the ozone layers with the sunlight and gets absorbed as waves of energy that one cannot physically see or feel. So, if we were to avoid wearing protective clothing, hats and sunscreen, then we would be exposed to these harmful rays. Aging is the number one form of damage that can be caused due to these UV rays which are also classified as UVA or UVB. These rays are the number one cause of premature aging, while smoking comes in a close second.
- Skin Cells: The UV rays basically have an adverse effect on the skin cells which can also spread to the DNA in our skin. This can have a negative effect on the protective functions of our skin which in turn, affects the way our dead skin cells get replenished. It can also affect the production of collagen which is the chemical that keeps our skin supple and young looking. It also has a bearing on how many other chemicals are produced in our body. Over production of certain chemicals can also spell doom and lead to premature aging and pigmentation. Melanin is one such chemical which can cause deep tanning and pigmentation if it is present in large quantities - a problem faced mainly due to sun exposure.
- Photoaging: When the sun damages our skin due to prolonged exposure, this can be termed as photoaging in medical terms. This also signifies the loss of the skin's ability to repair itself due to repeated episodes of being in the sun without ample protection, which can impair the collagen production as mentioned above. This will result in a loss of skin elasticity which in turn, will lead to sagging skin.
- Skin Changes: The changes in the skin will get tattooed onto the skin's memory which will retain its leathery texture that would be a result of too much sun exposure over time. This can also lead to premature aging.
Always step out with plenty of protection and do not stay in the Sun for too long in order to avoid this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.