Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathiyawathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SathiyawathiYour feedback matters!
My Periods came one week early last month and are late by a week this month. I am not active sexually.
Hello sir, I am 40 yrs old lady I have enlarged liver and 25 mm cyst in right over with over due n scanty periods what should I do for that.
I am 19 years old, having irregular periods like twice in a month, am feeling lathargic always may be for this reason.
I had an unprotected sex on 20th feb and then took I pill within 4 hours. After that I had sex few more times but always with the protection. But it's been 2 month now and I am not having my period. I took a home pregnancy test and it showed negative. I am so tensed. Please tell me why I am not getting my period. And am I pregnant? I gained few pounds in this duration. Please reply soon.
Hello doctors, My parents have looked an alliance for me. But they guy is 6 years elder than me. Is it good to proceed for the marriage. Does my decision towards acceptance is correct? I am worried about the age gap thinking whether it will affect the child. Kindly help with my query doctor please.
I am 22 years old, is it safe to use birth control pills regularly to avoid pregnancy? Despite using protection I do take a contraception is that okay? What step should be taken to avoid pregnancy in combination to protection?
I have pcod. Doctor give me krimson 35. I have heavy breast and now a days I see some pocks on my breast skin. And sometimes I feel pain in my armpit but not on the regular basis. I feel breast tenderness when my periods came. Then after periods its normal. There is chances of breast cancer.
Namaste G, sir I want to know that if wife have infection of genital warts or genital herpes and husband is not infected they have intercourse in between them and both of them have no sexual relationship outside, they are HIV negative as well as of now, can they become HIV positive in future in this condition please tell me.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.