Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SathiyawathiYour feedback matters!
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish
Hello Mam, My preg confirmed on aug 28th (4weeks) Only ges sac and yolk sac identified On sep4th new guy missed me for sex On sep 11th (6 week) fetal pole imaged heart 117 On oct 16 (11 week) On dec 18 (20week) March 7 (33 week) Pls let me know is there any possibilities new sperm can enter into the early ges sac or like fraternal twins one more egg comes and sperm can catch that my old got disappear after 6weeks new started to form n grow fast im confused. Pls advise. Because after 6 weeks I took scan on week 11 and so far only one baby im carrying. On week 7 and 8 while put hcg injection I got light bleeding.
Hi my wife now 18 th month pregnancy. Doctor did scanning and in report pointed reduced amniotic fluid. Is it normal or natural or worrying? Doctor didn't tell clearly so am asking you please ans me.
I have a cyst in my left ovary and it is a complex cyst of 5-6 cm should I go for Surgery or what will you suggest.
Hello, one of my friend is facing issue with her breast. She said that she is having pain in her right breast. We had a sex but that was 4 days back. She said that there is dark black portion near the nipple area with pimple like things surrounding that part. What is that? Now I came to know about this situation. She fear it as a breast cancer? Please suggest? Do we need to consult the doctor at the earliest? Please suggest?
My wife is 33 years old. We have one baby of 4 years of age. Recently my wife has missed her periods. Pregnancy test resulted negative. She had polycystic Ovarian Disease in past. What should we do?
I m girl/12 I m having having urine problem during menstruation I feel very sick during periods pls help me with the same.
I like to lick her vagina. She also likes it. Is it risky to lick it? What taste should come while licking her vagina. I got salty taste is it normal?
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant. We have done all blood test. TSH value is :- 3.5.Dr. Has told that it is slightly high. It should be below 2.5.But in thyroid report it shows normal range is around 4.5 - 5. Another Dr. Whom we prescribed this blood reports did not prescribed" thyroxine". But the Dr. Whom we are consulted for pregnancy has prescribed" thyroxine"daily in morning empty stomach. Kindly tell me what would be normal range for TSH for my wife who is pregnant? My wife do not have any thyroid issue before pregnancy. Her value before pregnancy was TSH :- 1. 7.Is this medicine normal for our baby? Thanks in advance for answer. Please guide properly. Why every Dr. Have different point of view?
Make habit of fasting with only fruits or milk once in a week, this routine reduces toxins in the body.
Hi ma'am I suffering with ectopic pregnancy and I had last period on 29th January and afterwards I didn't have period in Feb march so I went to medical on 1st April they gave medicine because they said you r not pregnant in test the result was -ve till 11 April I didn't bleed so again I went to hospital they said for hcg test I was pregnant then on 20th April they declared I am suffering with ectopic pregnancy on that day I hospitalized and they gave shot methotrexate that time my hcg level was 500 again after one shot my level was increased to 1000 they gave another shot agin hcg level increased to 1400 they gave another shot then hcg level was 1500 they discharged from hospital and I came back to home after 48 hr again I went for test my hcg level was 259 after 3 days means on 1st may I bleed for one week and on 18th of may my hcg level was 0.29 but I am still getting abdominal pain and felling like stomach size increasing and also like vomiting sometimes ma'am I want to know when my period will start and why I am feeling like still something is holding iny stomach because I am uncomfortable when I am sleeping from front side.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 34 years male. I got married 3 years back. We are trying for baby. I am not getting interest to have sex with my wife. Please suggest me how can I overcame from this issue.
Sir, agar morning time 5 am intercourse karre aur wife uske baad kab toilet ya flush out ho sakti hai. please reply with some useful answer. I really thankful to you.
I am a 22 year old guy. Last month my girlfriend is pregnant but we dont want a baby yet. Give me solution.
I have a problem of PCOD (PCOS). After 2-3 days I got the periods. What should I do? What should I take in food? Medicines?
Hello sir, I am 23 years old (male. But I am looking like a 30 years man means a married man with children. Because my face and somewhat my body not slim. Everyone told this to me and laughing. What I have to do? To get fair face and make their laughing stop and stun. Please guide me. Thank you.
I am 37 M, have severe dysentery/loose motion since morning. already happen 5 times with only water passing out. Taken ORS frequently. But didn't stop. Pls advice.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you:
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and is rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin B and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.