Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathiyawathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SathiyawathiYour feedback matters!
Hello to all doctors, I am newly married and I want to know some more deeply please assist me if I want to get my wife pregnant and want to conceive a baby boy so for it which time I can do deep penetration after periods. So my question is after periods exact which day and how I examine it is the correct day and how many time I do in vagina Please guide me Thanks and regards.
Hi. Am 23 years old. I have pcod. I am taking tablets for past 6 months for pcod. We are planning for a baby. April month I conceived for 45 days. Due to improper growth we abort it. After 2 months rest. We can started a treatment. My lmp is 28/8/16. Now 15 th day. Am so worried tat this tym I should conceived. What are all things to be careful for healthy pregnancy. Because I want to be so careful this tym for healthy pregnancy. Whether I can do things as usual or bed rest is needed. Since am pcod is there any restrictions in diet plan as well as bed rest or something. Please suggest some thing which can be done in home or eat some healthy foods.
I am having irregular periods can I know why before it use to come at 28 days but know its for 35 n more. I am unmarried. No thoyorod. Is this effect my health.
I am have a doubt when a females get pregnant some people say that chances are very high during their period a male have sex with them.
I am 22 year old girl. I have a stomach pain problem since 20th jan. On 19th me and my boyfriend had sex but he only touches my lower inner part with hands and fingers. But we try to do sex than he only put his penis into my vagina, it does not go inside my vagina. Because its hurt me so we stopped it. So by this I get pregnant or not.
Am 22years old female having heavy bleeding in menses for first 4days. And my hemoglobin 8%. What is the problem I have. Please do need a permanent solution for this problem. Thank you.
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!