Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathiyanathan
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SathiyanathanYour feedback matters!
Hi, From last month I have been suffering from depression. I left my previous job and joined a renowned pharma company. But the culture in this company is so grotesque that gradually I am loosing interest of life. My family is dependent on my income and thats why I can not leave the job now. Pls help to get rid of that.
Hello sir I am facing the liver problems I mean I am a fully addicted to alcohol 4 months back I am getting jaundice and now I am taking alcohol again from past 3 weeks now I am getting digesting problem and feeling like vomit and I am getting very tired and getting fever some times I can not sleep without alcohol now I am afraid of cirrhosis of liver I did not test anything yet pls what I do now I need some medicine suggest and I am a psychiatric problem psychiatric doctor said I have panic disorder problem and he suggest lonazep and walbeta la 25 and nexito 10 but after I am taking that medicine I am feeling very fast heart beet and sweating and body shivering but I am feeling very afraid of cirrhosis of liver but I can not sleep without alcohol pls suggest me sir.
Depression is a psychological condition that can drain your hope, energy and drive. The things that you once rejoiced might not be pleasurable anymore. Meanwhile, overcoming depression isn't quick or easy and it is recommended that you opt for counselling or professional support to help you through. At the same time, you need to avoid these practices, which tend to increase the intensity of depressive symptoms.
These are the things you should avoid while suffering from depression.
1. Avoid Staying Alone: When you are depressed, you might not feel pleasure in things you used to enjoy earlier. This might result in social isolation, making you lonelier and more depressed than ever. But living in social situations, meeting people will actually help you. It can take off your mind from the feelings of depression and while meeting people might not seem as enjoyable as it did before, it can certainly help in overcoming the feelings of loneliness.
2. Avoid NOT Seeking Help: Most of the people are unable to differentiate between sadness and depression. But if you are someone who has been feeling intensely sad for no reason, then you are probably depressed. So, don't avoid seeking help. Approach a therapist, even online if you want more confidentiality and privacy. A counsellor can actually help in overcoming the feeling of depression.
3. Avoid White Foods: Processed foods or white foods are simple carbohydrates that can actually lead to insulin dumping and trigger the process of depression. The surge of insulin will initially make you feel happier, but once that's surge goes down, you will begin to feel depressed again. This will even trigger hunger and particular cravings, which in turn affect depression symptoms negatively.
4. Products with Aspartame: Aspartame can lower the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that's associated with mood. Therefore, eating aspartame can increase the intensity of your depression symptoms, may result in insomnia as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor. My friend is suffering from extreme stress due to work levels in the office and cannot afford to take a leave and consult. so, please guide him through this stress. Thanking you.
Stress has become a common problem in day to day life for a lot of people. Too much stress can result in premature aging and accumulation of free radicals within the body. Stress can also cause premature hair fall, wrinkles, exhaustion and frequent frustration. Ayurvedic therapies can counter stress and combat its physical toll on the body. Here is a list of few easy-to-follow Ayurvedic therapy techniques, which are extremely effective against stress:
- A stress-free start: It makes sense to start the day without any stress in mind. Ayurveda states that a full bowel movement is of paramount importance to start an effective day. Abhyanga, an oil message before having a bath, proves to be extremely effective. This should be followed by a 10-minute break so that the body can soak the oil. Lukewarm or hot water should be used to take bath. Some other yoga therapies such as pranayama, transcendental meditation, etc. can be practiced to get a head start on the day.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga or an oil massage is a good stress resilient. In case there is a time crunch, neck, hand and feet region should be massaged to fetch great results. A moisturizing oil massage in these areas has a soothing effect on the body and mind.
- Meditation: It is a known fact that meditation by far is the best Ayurvedic therapy to counter stress. Over 600 studies have shown that meditation has a positive effect on stress. It can successfully cut down the cortisol hormone in the blood and the level of lactic acid in the body by increasing the level of serotonin. A 15-minute meditation schedule on a daily basis can do a world of good for people who are living a stressed life.
- Therapeutic aroma: It has been proven many times in the past that therapeutic aroma can successfully relieve stress in the short term. The choice of fragrance can be from the flower at home, aroma locket, aroma oil, perfume and so on. These aromas will not only give a feel-good factor throughout the day, but also ensure that the level of cortisol remains at an acceptable stage.
- Keeping hydrated: Keeping hydrated throughout the day is of prime importance to lead a stress-free life. Plenty of water along with time-to-time green tea relieves the nerve and has a soothing effect on the body. It is also necessary to forego beverages such as alcohol and coffee for long-term health benefits.
- Soothing music: Music has a profound impact on the nervous system, mind and on the overall human emotion. It creates a feel-good factor and relieves stress throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.