Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sathiya MurthyYour feedback matters!
She is not pregnant now, but her both breast secrets some milky white substance, when some presser give on the breast. I am so afraid. Is this serious issue?
The development of abnormal cells that can spread to other areas of the body is known as cancer. It has about 100 types and includes cancer of the skin, lung, prostate gland and so on. Compared to normal body cells that follow a proper path of cell division, growth, and termination, cancer cells don't die but continue to develop and divide.
Holistic treatment of cancer involves purification and strengthening of body's immune system.
Ayurvedic treatment of cancer comprises an all-around approach keeping in mind your temperament and body characteristics, the affected energies in the body as well as the tissues involved. More importantly, the treatment focuses not only on the malignant spot but your entire body system. This is because Ayurveda believes in restoring harmony to your entire being for the ailment to be treated effectively so as to prevent its recurrence.
The treatment plan involves the purification of the body and of the toxins that influence the cells to attack your body. Certain blood cleansing herbs are administered alongside the recommendation of a detoxifying diet. To stimulate blood flow in your body, herbs that improve blood circulation are prescribed by a practitioner. This renders an efficient removal of toxins, prevents stagnant blood from forming and assists in the healing process of your tissues. Since it's a debilitating disease, herbs and minerals that boost your immunity are also suggested.
What are the holistic methods of treating cancer according to Ayurveda?
The treatment methods for cancer include:
- Elimination of toxins from the body through Panchakarma (a therapy that involves five cleansing procedures)
- Abstinence from lifestyle and foods that lead to the imbalance of the tridosha namely, vata (air), pitta (heat) and kapha (water and earth forces)
- Restitution of the functions of your digestive system
- Rejuvenation through a special form of treatment called rasayanas
- Recommendations on Ayurvedic preparations that can be taken along with radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Suggestions on Ayurvedic medications for minimizing the side effects of the various cancer therapies
In addition to these, treatment also involves suggesting ways to relax the mind. Yoga, meditation, and praanayam (an ancient practice involving ways to control your breath) are some of the ways that are recommended for bringing about deep personal healing for cancer patients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acidity ?
6mahine se ENT doctar ki dawa kha raha hu sr problem badti ja rhi h kuch samaz nhi aa raha h ab to gala itna jada dukh raha h ki sahen nhi kar pa rha hu aisa lag raha h gale me koi fhoda h vindos copi me bhi kuch nhi aaya ab batao mai or kya karu cancer ki test kar sakta hu kya.
Eating Starchy and Sugary food that have a high glycemic index can increase the risk of lung cancer especially among nonsmokers
In a Study of 1905 participants with lung cancer and 2413 healthy controls, those with the highest consumption of high GI food had a 49 percent greater risk for lung cancer.Nonsmokers were more than twice as likely to develop lung cancer if they ate a high glycemic index diet
If the cancer has relapsed are there chances of it to relapse again & from breast it has come to lung as my cough had increased so there are traces in bone & above liver so are there chances of spreading is it curable how many Chemo is needed pls help.
Hi I want to know about mouth cancer how to identify this easily my upside lip too much black colour is this symptom of cancer.
What are the tests for lung cancer detection, what are the costs of lung cancer detection. I'm looking for moderate costs which does not depend on brand of the hospital.
Mom is cancer patient recently she is suffering from cancer. So her chemotherapy is been stopped and she is having lots of pain.
My father is suffering from renal cell cancer and he is in advanced stage is there any chance of recovery through surgery? If not is there any alternative to extend his life? If we can extended how many years he can able lead his life? Pls provide the approximate answers.
My father in law is detected as gall bladder cancer spread to liver and other organ. Doctor told he may live for few months. We are giving Ayurveda treatment to him . He is feeling better . But he is getting weak day by day. Please help me.
Eating processed meat including hot dogs sausages and ham can cause Colorectal Cancer
Each 50 gm of processed meats eaten daily increases the risk of Colorectal Cancer by 18 percent.Consumption of red meat was also found to cause Colorectal Cancer, associations were also seen for Pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer according to World Health Organization WHO
My mother suffering from cancer ,it's spreads to brain n lungs n using dexamethasone sodium paspate injection 4 mg per ml she going to depression and she is unable to walk. She is feeling nervously and she is diabetic patient ,take radiation n chemotherapy Can we suddenly stops that injection r tablet and using glysoral oral syrup please suggest me how she make normal pleasesuggest us.
What are the symptoms of cancer? And how can they get out of this problem is it a very dangerous disease whether there is a satisfactory treatment or not.
One of my relative got breast cancer it was cured but now she got it again doesn't cancer have no cure.
I am 44 year old married female suffering from pain at a point in the lower part of my right breast. I am also feeling sick as if fever with total body pain since two months. My period cycle is 28 days and discharging clotted blood at the starting of the period of every month. Kindly suggest me for treatment. I am very afraid of breast cancer.
My uncle is suffering from liver cancer, it's on 4th stage. Doctors are saying as there is no chance of getting cure he can't survive, and they said as there is only one possibility, ie we can expand his lifespan. Is this true. Is there any possibility then please help me out. And please help me in finding the best hospital for it to get it cure.
My mother got non hodgkin lymphoma before 2 years and now it is cured, but in recent pet scan report there are some findings of neoplastic lymph nodes in left axillary region with suv max of 5.8,will all neoplastic lymph nodes be cancerous? Is the cancer getting repeated?
Ovaries are the primary reproductive organs in the female body which produces the eggs that need to be fertilized to form a fetus in the womb. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the ovaries and spreads till the pelvis and the abdomen. This cancer is usually cured by either a surgery or chemotherapy.
Ovarian cancer is mostly caused due to a genetic mutation which transforms the healthy cells of the ovaries into abnormal cancerous cells. The abnormal cells then generally form a tumor which spreads further inside the female body. The type of cell in which the cancer begins determines the type of ovarian cancer you have. Ovarian cancer types include:
- Epithelial tumors: it is the most common type of ovarian cancer which begins from the thin layer that covers the ovaries.
- Stromal tumors: this type begins in those tissues which contain the hormone producing cells.
- Germ cell tumors: this usually happens among relatively younger women, and it originates from the egg producing cells of the ovaries.
Factors that boost your risk of getting an ovarian cancer are listed below:
- Age: The risk of ovarian cancer is greater in women who are between 50 to 60 years. However, ovarian cancer is such a condition that can occur at any age.
- Estrogen hormone replacement therapy: This therapy tends to alleviate menopausal symptoms and renews the hormones of a woman's body. If you are undergoing this therapy then you are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Congenital: The risk of ovarian cancer can sometimes also be due to an inherited gene mutation and can be passed on from the parents to the offspring.
- Menstrual risk: If you had started menstruating before the age of 12 or had a menopause before the age of 52 then the risk of you developing ovarian cancer increases.
- Other risk factors: These factors do not pose a subsequent amount of threat of having an ovarian cancer, but they slightly increase the risk. These are activities like: regular smoking, fertility treatments, never being pregnant, use of an intrauterine device and polycystic ovary syndrome. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.