Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Sathish Kumar VYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am getting too much of head ache for left side like pulsating and pain behind the eye to left side head is this migraine or else something? what are the things to do?
What are the symptoms of migraine? I am having pointed headache from past 10 Days And feeling dizziness.
I have high migraine problems. Tried consulting many doctors but of no use. I cant avoid tension due to which it increases. Please provide me with good suggestions fir the same. Thank you.
My son faces some learning difficulties, lack of concentration & minute dyslexia as per our observation since last 2-3 yrs. He is 6 yrs old & will be going to class 1 in dwarka, Delhi, Need guidance & suggestions for ensuring that my son get over this issue as earliest as possible.
Hi this is ajay Kumar28. Male, I am suffering with headache from last 2months,, I do have sight spectacle with -1.00 power, but it's not refractive headache, it's not a migraine, it comes during evening and early mornings. Please help me out of this situation.
I am a 50 years old male suffering from ED (Erectile dysfunction) since May 2003. I had a major accident in May 2003 in which I had blood clots in RHS of my brain hence my left hand and left leg got effected. Since then there is a lot of stiffness in my effected limbs, its sort of a paralysis. My physical movement got limited and hence the sexual problem. Please help.
Every couple of days I have as they call it (migraine) a very hard headache I used the usual medicine (panadol) but nothing happened what I must take or do to kill this headache pain please help me doctors.
Sir, I'm suffer from migraine. From last few years how can I get treated for? Is there any permanent cure for that.
Meri mom Ko migraine ki prob. H, week me 2/3 baar headache ho jaataa h, homeopathy ki medicine bhi chal rahi h but usse kuch ni hotaa, face PR swalling bhi ho jaati h.
I am 52 yrs old & diabetic from last 10-12 yrs, my bp is normal always, but sugar level keep on fluctuating a bit, my doctor has put me on human insulin, 30/70 40 iul dosage 36 units in morning, followed by 1 cap optisulin, 1 tab envas 2.5 (for renal protection), at night b4 meals 2 tabs glycomet gp2 forte, after meal 1 tab ecosprin 20/75 what I feel is numbness in my feet in morning or during long sitting sessions any time in day at random, should I start neobrin too. Please note that we have strong family history of diabetes.
I am 16 years old but today my right hand was shivering while holding the glass? What is the reason?
I feel pain in left side of groin area often in mornings and while having a walk. I only get relieved after resting for sometime. I consulted a urology doctor, treatment did not work. My prostate is normal. I want to know whether it is a neurological, orthopedic, or related to urology. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
- Worry and anxiety
- Sweating at night
- Depression and other mental disorders
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.