Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sathish BabuYour feedback matters!
My son's DOB is 23.02. 2016. He was given his 10 week vaccination today - 6.5. 2016 and NXT one is due on 6.6. 2016. Can I give it on 1.6. 2016? As I am going out of station.
My baby is 12 months old and still teeth is not coming, I am little worried about it. Can you please guide or suggest what things we need to do?
Hi my baby s 15 days old and he s feeling mre difficulty 2 pass motion n toilet he s often crying .can I give him sugar water? Else please suggest me something. Thank you.
I am mother of 33 days baby. Her weight at birth is 1.9 n now 2.7. She is formula fed using Similac n daily just once r twice I am giving bf. From past few days she is having severe constipation and gas problem while passing motion she is crying vigorously n also while urinating. I am using neopeptine drops for digestion. Still she is passing motion 7-9 times sply at night. please suggest. Very much worried.
My 2 months old baby has noisy breathing at times of feeding and crying and other times he is normal. Is it normal? What cuses this noisy sound? Is it treatable?Please help.
Hello. My daughter is one year old. She has been suffering from cold and cough since a week. I am giving her sinarest AF and Brozeet. What else I have to give? Should I massage mustard oil on her feet? Pl help.
My son is 5 years old, he has lost two teeth from lower side. Is the age is suitable for losing teeth and teeth of upper side is also loose. Can you please tell me how I can save his teeth from early loosing.
My daughter was 2 years 7 months old. She having a constipation problem and also scissoring the leg. She was pre mature baby I got lot of doctors advice and give medicine but not cure. Please advice me.
My baby is suffering from loose motion from 2-3 days. She is doing 5-6 times in a day. What is the remedy (if there's home remedy)?
My son who is 3 months old has a reflux immediately after a feed every time. Is this a matter of concern?
I and my wife ate food licked by a dog by accidentally. Do we need to get vaccination? Over the internet I read : "The rabies virus is present in the saliva of an infected animal and is usually transmitted by a bite. Rabies may also be transmitted if infectious material (such as saliva) of the infected animal enters a wound or mucous membrane such as the eyes, nose or mouth. Here it says that it may also get transmitted by infectious material (such as saliva), enters wound, eyes, nose or mouth, that's why I am a bit worried here.
I have a niece and she has patients of nephritic syndrome at the age of 10-12 months and we are getting treatment from PGI chandigarh but she is not getting well now. what to do?
My 8 years old son have some speech problem. For the past few month, while speaking he stammers. Initially it was less but now I'm feeling it increasing more. It can be cured or not. Give some suggestion for speedy recovery.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
These overly aggressive children are not bullies; they often get into fights with people who are stronger than they are. They face problems not because they are aggressive, but because they become aggressive at times that are inappropriate and in ways that are self-defeating. They routinely argue with teachers and wind up in far more than their share of schoolyard scraps.
In some cases, this pattern of easily triggered aggression appears to be rooted in the children’s developing nervous systems. They appear to be physiologically unable to control their impulses as much as other children their age. For others, it is often a matter of needing to learn and practice social skills.
Aggression is one of the first responses to frustration that a baby learns. Grabbing, biting, hitting, and pushing are especially common before children develop the verbal skills that allow them to talk in a sophisticated way about what they want and how they feel.
Coping with a Very Aggressive Child
It’s difficult for adults not to attribute malicious motives to children who consistently appear to be trying to drive their parents and teachers to distraction. Often it’s equally difficult for parents not to assume that children are behaving this way because of something the parents have done wrong or have forgotten to do right. Such casting of blame, however, is not only inaccurate but usually useless as well.
The first step in helping an overly aggressive child is to look for patterns in what triggers the assaults, especially if the child is a toddler or preschooler. The aggression may happen only at home or only in public places. It may occur mostly in the afternoon or when the child is frustrated. Also, most of these children go through a predictable sequence of behaviors before they lose control. It’s a bit like watching a car going through a normal acceleration and then suddenly kicking into overdrive.
Once you can determine the most common triggers and can spot the escalating behavior, the simplest thing is to remove the child from that environment before he loses control. Take him away from the sandbox or the playgroup for a minute or two until he regains his composure. As the child develops, he will become less frustrated and, therefore, less aggressive because he has a wider variety of ways to respond to a challenging situation.
It’s also very useful to provide these aggressive and distractible children with a lot of structure and routine in their daily lives since predictability helps children remain calm and in control. Tempting as it may be at the time, spanking these children for being aggressive often does more harm than good. It is simply modeling the very thing you don’t want children to do. It teaches them that big people hit when they’re angry or upset, and that is precisely the aggressive child’s problem.
For older children and adolescents, teaching new and more appropriate ways of getting what they want can be very helpful. These children often have not learned the skills that their classmates picked up years earlier. As with bullies, formal assertiveness training can be particularly helpful to overly aggressive children since they have difficulty distinguishing between assertiveness and aggression.
It’s also useful to help these children look at life from a slightly different perspective. Psychologists have found that both aggressive children and their parents tend to focus on what’s wrong with a situation rather than what’s right with it. That makes their respective problems all the more frustrating for each of them, since neither pays any attention to the children’s improvement when it occurs.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
2. Allium Cepa: Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.