Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 3 years old daughter is suffering from stomach related issues for 1.5 Months. She feels stomach ache (two or three times in a day, last for 10-30 minutes). She is also suffering from gas. She is refusing milk and all time complaining that I have gas. When we supply her meal forcefully she have it but some time he vomit with gas. Apart from it she is also suffering from cold and cough. I have consulted 3 doctors and finally she is under a pediatrician Gastroenteritis. We did following tests and results found normal. 1. Ultrasound whole abdomen 2. Urine and Stool routine 3.Urine and Stool culture Medicine she is taking rit now are: Muout Plus Jar powder- Twice in a day Rantac Syrup- 3.5 ml twice in a day Nizonide syrup- 2.5 ml twice in a day Drotin- 2.5 ml sos if pain Ambrolite syrup-2.5 ml thrice in a day Some test suggested my pedi are: 1. Xray abdomen 2. 25 Hydroxy D3 3. Serum Iga Level 4.CBS 5.TTG (IGA) I am disappointed that she was pretty good till July last week and why her condition is not improving after 1.5 months. Am I missing anything or doing something wrong. Please advise. I can send her all history if required.
Hello my second sons age is 10 month my question is can I give him all types of veggies like ladies finger brinjal etc and can I give him packet milk too and can I add sugar to it.
A missing tooth can be responsible for causing different health issues. Along with these, a person loses his ability of chewing with missing teeth, develop problems related to speaking and his overall facial appearance also gets affected.
In case of a missing tooth or several missing teeth, it is best advised to get dentures fitted. Dentures are false teeth, which are fitted in the oral cavity in place of lost natural teeth.
Here are several reasons why it is important to fill up a missing tooth:
- Shifting of tooth: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth start drifting or moving in the open gap where the lost tooth used to be. The surrounding teeth are shifted out of the alignment. This affects the appearance of your face, and your teeth seem crooked and misplaced. It is necessary to replace a missing tooth with dentures in order to restrict the shifting before it is too late.
- TMJ Syndrome: After a tooth is lost and the surrounding teeth start shifting, the alignment is changed. This gives rise to problems with biting and creates issues with the jaws. The upper jaw and the lower jaw fail to meet correctly, and this causes strain and damage to the jaw joint. This phenomenon is called TMJ syndrome.
- Decay of tooth and gum diseases: After the shifting of surrounding teeth when a tooth is lost, the teeth alignment changes. This makes it difficult for a person to reach several areas in the gum with a toothbrush or floss. This makes plaque and bacteria accumulate in that area and they cannot be reached or cleaned. Tooth decay and gum diseases or periodontal diseases that are likely to affect those spots. These diseases and disorders cause further tooth loss.
- Alteration in facial appearance: A missing tooth should be replaced properly and a dentist must make sure that the root of the missing tooth is removed. In case the root is not removed totally, bone deterioration is likely to occur. Bone loss occurs in the jaw area, and this may result in a change or alteration in your facial appearance. A timely replacement of a missing tooth will prohibit bone loss from the jaw area, and you will be saved from any kind of alteration in your facial appearance, which might affect your looks and self-esteem greatly.
A missing tooth should never be ignored and in case you lose a tooth, you should see a dentist as soon as possible. By filling up a missing tooth, you will be able to save yourself from several issues related to the mouth and gums.
My baby girl has suffering from fever last 7 days we are taking CBC report it is normal wbc slightly low urin test found OK he has cough and tiredness no malaria found in report please suggest.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
How to stop a 14 years child eating too much every 2 hours because is becoming more fat I try to make him stop eat surgery fats foods but even that he hid and eat most of all he don't like to do any movement physic just sit watch TV play games pls if can help me thanks in advance.
I have 6 months old baby boy. Past few weeks onwards I'm suffering for rashes sometimes on my shoulder sometimes on waist and other parts of my body it's itching after one day it's vanished and started new place like my legs. May I know why
I have 7 month baby. Suggest me proper food routine for him. What should I give him as an external food and what should be time gap between.
How to prevent sagging of breasts?
Home remedies for sagging breasts
Breast sagging is a natural process that happens with age wherein the breasts lose their suppleness and elasticity. Breasts do not have muscle. They are made of fat, connective tissues and milk-producing glands, and they need proper care to keep them in good shape.
The benefits of yoga for the entire body have been widely studied, and it is primarily a mechanism of toning the body and increasing flexibility. Some of that toning can occur within the breast, depending on which positions you commonly practice.
Massage your breasts at least 2-3 times per week with olive oil. It will help add firmness to the skin as well as improve the skin tone and texture. It will also tone your chest and increase the elasticity of the skin.
Pomegranate is considered a wonderful anti-aging ingredient and can help prevent sagging breasts. Pomegranate seed oil is rich in phyto-nutrients that can lead to firm breasts.
Make a paste of pomegranate peel and some warm mustard oil. Use it to massage your breasts in a circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes daily before going to bed.
You can also use pomegranate seed oil to massage your breasts 2 or 3 times daily.
Another option is to mix 4 teaspoons of neem oil with 1 teaspoon of dried and powdered pomegranate rind. Heat this mixture for a few minutes. Allow it to cool and then use it to massage your breasts twice daily for several weeks.
Avoid loose fitting bra / wrong bra size
Some women feel that they would feel comfortable if they wear loose bra. But this is totally a wrong step. You are going to invite your saggy breast by doing this. Avoid this and go for the best fitting bra to keep your breast stay upright and firm. For more details visit us at www.malhotraayurveda.in
My daughter is 12 yrs. Old and usko bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Bahut se shampoos try kia lekin bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Abhi ketocon try kar raha hu lekin koi fayada nahi ho raha hai. Neem oil aur alpple cidar vinegar bhi use kia lekin koi fyada nahi hua. Usko rota hua dekh ke rona aa jaata hai. Please help.
Hi, I am 7 week 1 day pregnant. I am working my office timings are 9-6 but it took almost 4 hours (2 hrs in the morning, 2hrs in the eve. I go via cab) to reach my office. Though am not having nausea, vomiting any symptom, everything is fine but still in just want to know that sitting for almost 13-14hrs will effect anyway my baby's growth or should I take leave right now till 4th month and then continue my job? Please advice on this?
My baby is 8 months old. Pls suggest the best formula feed as there are many available in market which includes lactodex, lactogen, nan pro etc.
I have a baby boy of age 5 months. His urinal point is not in appropriate place it situated below the penis. Please tell me what I do?
I was sincere student till 12th then in college I cannot focus on studies and always tend to postpone important task and if I concentrate too long I feel mentally tired. I always procrastinating and now I want to study but I can not. I think I have adultADHD and due that I feel guilty of not preparing for exams, even in day before exam I cannot focus and do something else and I have other symptoms of adhd like fidgeting and cannot sit at one place.
My 3month old daughter has stomach pain past 2 days. She finds relief on passing out gas. What could I do to help her out?
Dentistry is not expensive, neglect is! brushing is an activity that has been embedded in our systems since time immemorial. It's an exercise you start and end your day with, a routine that can sometimes pass by almost subconsciously, leading to bad habits and ultimately poor oral health and hygiene.
Here are a few mistakes people commonly make when brushing their teeth.
Not using the proper toothbrush
The biggest myth of our time is to buy a medium or hard tooth brush to clean more effectively that's what causes the maximum damage over the years by wearing off healthy natural teeth with overzealous care.
Using an anti-sensitivity/whitening toothpaste permanently
A common mistake is to use a medicated tooth paste meant to mask sensitivity over a prolonged period. Such a practice only masks the symptom does not treat the problem and also leaves you vulnerable to cavities, gum disease and bad breath since the predominant component in such a tooth paste is for treating sensitivity or lightening tooth color.
The type of toothpaste that you use doesn't matter very significantly as long as you use the right amount and twice a day.
Sensitive toothpastes are meant to be used for a prescribed period of time and whitening toothpastes must be used under supervision to prevent any potential damage to your teeth.
Toothpaste must protect your teeth and gums both so a combination of paste that contains fluoride that protects your teeth from decay -and the gel based part has the antibacterial properties to prevent gum disease and bad breath.
Brushing too quickly or too many times
Most of us hate going to the dentist and find brushing an easier alternative but you cant exactly brush off old cavities just prevent new ones.
See to it that you do not brush your teeth more than twice in a day. Excessive brushing can damage your gums and enamel. It will not take a lot of pressure to remove the plaque; hence most dental practitioners suggest brushing using a very balanced pressure.
Studies show that brushing two times a day and about 2-3 minutes every time is perfect to maintain good oral hygiene. Most people make the mistake of falling short of this duration every time they brush. You can ideally divide the mouth in four sections and approximately spend around 30-40 seconds on each section.
Incorrect brushing technique
The strokes while brushing your teeth must be vertical and not horizontal. Many people are habituated with performing long horizontal brushing strokes; this leads to irritation and damage.
Learn the right technique
Hold your brush at an angle of 45 degrees to your gums and brush your gums and teeth with an up and down motion and short strokes. Don't use side to side strokes. Also, start brushing on areas that you have been ignoring till now, reach the difficult to reach inner portion of your teeth. Implement it as a daily ritual and you will attain perfection in it.
Wrestling or brushing
Hard brushing damages the gums and is not good for you. Excessive brushing i. E. Brushing more than 3-4 times is also bad for you. You must always observe a balance in brushing which keeps your dental health healthy.
Since unlearning a bad brushing habit maybe harder the easier solution is to switch from a manual to an automatic brush. Going automatic by using a battery operated brush is recommended since it takes the guesswork out of brushing.
It may take a while to get adjusted to but like so many other things which are designed to make life easier automatic brushes make dental hygiene very easy and can even reduce the frequency of your dental visits.
Supplement your brushing
Of course, brushing your teeth is only a part of a complete dental care routine. Mouth wash twice a day. You should always rinse your mouth and keep it cleaned; otherwise, the germs from the teeth will stay on.
Clean between teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay-causing bacteria still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can't reach. This helps remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line. Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks. Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams. Got some questions? ask us comment below; we will answer as soon as possible.