Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Sathish BabuYour feedback matters!
My father' s Serum TSH result is 14. 10 micro IU/ml. What does it mean? And is it normal? The check up has been made in the evening.
I am 66 years old and type 2 diabetic. I would like to know whether the body of 85 kgs and 66 years old person needs the same parameters of 100 fasting glucose and 160 post prandial glucose. PLEASE EXPLAIN.
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.
Is diabetes a hereditary disease? If so how to prevent it? What is the diet to be followed to prevent it? Does mental pressure leads to diabetes?
I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking 75 MCG Thyronorm. I recently got my sugar test done Hba1c is 6.4, ABG is 137 Last month my fasting glucose was 107 and PP 97 Please advise am I at risk of diabetes and what medicine, diet and precautions should I take to prevent diabetes.
Sir, I am 25 years old guy. My mother is a diabetic patient. Is there any chance of diabetes in me? As I have some time little blueness in my vision and my heart beat is also somewhat high (85-95). What can be cause of it and please suggest me how to overcome it. How can I maintain my fitness?
My wife is having high Cholesterol and Doctor advised to take some tablets permanently for ever like for BP, Thyroid etc. Are there some treatment to bring it down to normalcy and thereafter to discontinue the tablets for the same. My understanding is that all organs in our body have specific or combined functions for the upkeep of the body well in all respects .But some times a few or a couple of organs lack strength, becomes weak and unable to carryout their routine duties. We take medicines to bring up these organs to normalcy and there after they take care of the functions. But by putting on medication permanently will make these organs inactive and they lose the natural behavior. Is that correct? Why So?
Hi I am diabetic since last 13 years. It is controlled most times. My last hb1c is 6. 6. What exercise should I do and kind of food should I take to keep my hb1c under 6?
Hi I am , 42 years old, having diabetes, my fasting blood sugar is 188 and ppbs is 314 I am obese and 120 kg of weight. I am not taking the medicines regularly as prescribed. My medicines glador m1 in morning metformin 1gm noon omega 3 supplement 1 in morning the problem is I am feeling very tired, less concentrated please give me a solution
Hi I am male of age 27. I am suffering from high uric acid. It goes up to 8.2. Remain under control while taking medicine but after leaving it again starts increasing. please help. Thanks in advance.
Dear Sir, I have sugar Problem and taking medicine of Glycomet GP1, sometime when my sugar low then doctor start glycomet 850 sr. I am doing Anulom, vlom pranayaam. Is this beneficial to me to free from sugar problems. Pls advise.
Hello Sir, I have been suffering from severe ache in left heel. I couldn't walk for a few steps when I get out from bed in the morning. I have been taking pain killers and applying volini, hot and cold packs. But the ache is aggravating rather than diminishing. I do suspect either Plantar or Heel spur. please guide me further. Does diabetes have such symptoms only in one leg?
I have been testing sugar level at home today morning it was after breakfast 2 hrs it was 125. And yest afternoon after lunch 2 hrs it was 165. I dnt know .i have started going to gym and fo walking .plz sugest me home remedies to control sugar level .
Do not worry ! Most women who have gestational diabetes give birth to healthy babies.Know more and take a few steps to protect your baby and yourself in the best possible way.Timely treatment can help both you and your baby stay healthy.
6 healthy steps towards a healthy diet plan:
* Eat small and frequent meals
○ Spread your intake of food evenly during the day.
* Include some healthy proteins in your diet
○ Protein : Protein sources do not raise your blood glucose level since they do not contain carbohydrates.
○ Many protein foods are rich in B vitamins that help in preventing birth defects.
○ Most women with gestational diabetes need 2-3 servings of protein everyday.
○ Protein -rich food : Milk,cheese,yoghurt ,meats,eggs,beans,soy,salmon.
* Include healthy carbohydrates in your diet.
○ Do not eat too much of these at once For example,whole/brown bread,cereals,rice ,potatoes,fruits etc.
* Free foods which can be eaten freely
○ These foods have very little or no carbohydrates.
○ Salads and vegetables (except potato,corn,sweet potato and legumes )
○ Fruits - Lemon,Lime and berries.
○ Drinks- Lemon water ,water ,very small amount of tea & coffee without sugar.
* Reduce sugar and artificial sweets
○ Avoid soft drinks,jams,chocolates, cakes and biscuits.
○ Reduce your intake of desserts.