Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satchi SurendranYour feedback matters!
Hello, in market we have no's of green tea so which brand of green tea is helpful to drink Could you please suggest me which green tea have to use thanking you.
I am suffering from cold from 4-5 years. Even I have taken tablets. But my disease is not cure so what should I do know?
Muze DENGU hua tha ab thik hu hospital se ghar aaya hu. 10 din ho gaye hai. Kya jym jana thik rhega .Please tell.
I have stomach problem it occurs mostly when I eat junk food and when I eat potatoes. What should I do to cure it?
I have fever for a long time 6 to 7 day. The symptoms are headache vomit. I have tested dengue but nothing found what should I do?
I am having a headache nowadays whenever I go out in sun I face this issue. What is the remedy? Need serious help.
I masturbated for 10 days continuously this week. My penis is paining .and ther a small hump in the backside of penis.
I have so much cold, every 1 week I have a cold and headache also I have so much hair fall please give me a suggestion.
My ankle come out in an injury 4 month before there is still infection and fluid type come out from wound but major wounds are cured then why fluid coming out.
My daughter had 8 months now. She suffering from cold and cough. So what kind of medicine to take her? Please explain.
What is the real cause of inguinal hernia in human males in the teen age or how we can prevent it so that it cannot be caused on another side of groin?
What happens if a person sugar levels are consistently less than 50 mg/dl. Will it be fatal? Or will it affect any other organs?
I am taking Zolfresh_5 daily for sleep. Is it safe can I continue or any other tablet you will suggest.
Hi sir, My age is 25 ,and weight is 56 .my pennis size is very small when erect it is 2 inch. When I had sex my pennis is not going inside vagina. My pennis bending every time. It has happened every time. Please suggest my problem.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.