Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sasirekha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SasirekhaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old got marriage on may 10th 2015. Till now I didn't get pregnancy. Is there any problems behind that. And I want to know about thyroid.
Dear sir/ madam how we can count a pregnant lady months from last months periods date or next months tell me as soon as possible.
I have a problem of getting my penis smaller day by day an my forehead is also not operated so the skin is becoming big day by day this is from last few month say 3 to 4 month .Please give proper solution.
My wife got her periods last month 23rd. Again today she got periods. This is the first time she got periods with in 15 days. What is reason ? What to be done?
Sir I am 21 years old and I was taking periods delay tablets since 3 days. Today I had sex with my husband. I want to ask shall I take a contraceptive pill or not.
Hi Doctor, My girlfriend was facing an issue during periods time from last two months blood not coming out properly. Now she was getting scare because of this issue can anyone explain why we facing this issue. We done a sex for two time last before month in a safe manner only we used condom and done but she is getting scare, so kindly advise doctor for resolve her periods problem. It will be helpful for our future if any doctor advised us.
We want to have baby there is no plan we have decided. So Can we have sex with my wife after are 5 days periods completed Is it will cause any problem for pregnancy.
I have been diagnosed with PCOD. Please suggest me a good easy diet and some strength training exercises to get rid of it.
Most medications are used because of their one particular therapeutic effect. However, invariably, they affect other organs or systems and produce some good and some adverse effects. The same happens with Oral Contraceptive pills (OCPs), which are the most commonly used method of contraception. It is also the most effective method. It contains the female hormones estrogen and progesterone in various combinations and these have an effect on various body functions, so it should come as a surprise that regular use of OCP pills leads to a number of side effects.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: This is the most common side effect and occurs in about 90% of the women, but usually subsides within 3 months. They experience bleeding between their regular periods. While mere spotting can be ignored, bleeding for more than 4 to 5 days needs a visit to the doctor.
- Missed period: It is very essential to take the pill at the same time daily. Sometimes, a period might be missed or may be very light and this should be reported.
- Effect on libido: While some report a decrease in libido, there are others who experience an increased sex drive. This depends on the individual and not consistent.
- Vaginal discharge: The amount and type of discharge can change when on the pill. Decreased lubrication may lead to a reduced sex drive, as it might be painful. If the discharge is foul-smelling or looks suspicious for an infection, then a doctor should be consulted.
- Mood changes: Changes in mood and prominent mood swings are very common in women using contraceptives, with many feeling depressed often.
- Effects on breasts: While it is not yet proven if they increase the risk of breast cancer, most women experience breast enlargement, tenderness, and sometimes pain. This is more common in between their periods.
- Headaches and migraine: Oral Contraceptive pills (OCPs) are also proven to have worsening effects on migraine and headaches.
- Circulatory effects: Oral contraceptives increase the chances of heart attack and stroke, especially in women who are over 35 and are smokers. Most women experience a slight increase in blood pressure and are more prone to form blood clots. It is essential that contraceptives are used under medical guidance only.
- Digestive effects: Oral contraceptives can cause loss of appetite, changes in body weight, diarrhea, and nausea. The weight gain is also attributed to increased fluid retention, especially in the hip and breast areas.
- Skin: Some women may experience skin rashes and acne and sometimes hair loss due to the increased level of hormones in circulation.
It is very important that the pill is taken at the same time for best results. Any suspicious symptom should be immediately reported to the doctor.