Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja SivakumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I want to have sex with my GF without condom and ejaculate inside vagina and don't wanna give any pill. Tell me correct period for sex. Should it be during MC or after or before? If before or after then how many days? If during MC then is there any infection on my penis or in her vagina. I want to avoid pregnancy.
Hi I am 29 years old female last year diagnosed with endometrioma in both ovaries (5 cm and 3.5 cm).Recently I got my other test done reports are (Day 2 of cycle) Fsh: 5.5 Lh: 5.3 Tsh: 1.96 Amh: 6.8 prolactin serum: 8.5 My Amh levels are bit high now I want to know do I suffer from pcos along with endometriosis or these amh levels are fine. Now I want to start my family what are my chances of conception? Should I go for laparoscopy?
Hello, one of my friend is facing issue with her breast. She said that she is having pain in her right breast. We had a sex but that was 4 days back. She said that there is dark black portion near the nipple area with pimple like things surrounding that part. What is that? Now I came to know about this situation. She fear it as a breast cancer? Please suggest? Do we need to consult the doctor at the earliest? Please suggest?
I am having problem in stomach.my stomach and back pains at The same time. Sometimes I have constipation and sometimes after eating I feel like having loose motion. I too have smelling in my private areas. And My periods are also irregular. What to do? Female20.
Hlo mujhe apni problem btani h. mujhe before 1 month periods hue thay 2 may ko BT ab 1 month 6 days extra ho gye h. Periods abhi nhi aaye h. many test bhi kiya negative hi aaya h. First time itna late ho rha h. Please suggested me.
Hi. I had abortion last monday. Oct 23. Bleeding moderately but now. Only brown discharges occurs. Its been 6 days when the procedure done. But I am confuse that my breast is still tender. Nipples are tingling. I thought after. Abortion my. Breast will back to normal. What does it mean? Y does my breast/ nipple still tingling even if it is 6 days after my abortion. Ive been 5 weeks and 4 days when I had my termination medical abortion. Help me answer this thing that made me confuse. Thanks.
The miniscule cracks in a bone are known as stress fractures. This type of fracture is caused by persistent application of force, mostly due to overuse. Activities like jumping or running up and down for long distances can also cause the condition. A normal bone weakened due to osteoporosis is another reason for stress fractures. Rigorous or excessive exercise can cause this condition as well.
These types of fractures are common in the lower leg and foot as these are the weight bearing bones. Field athletes and sportsperson are susceptible to stress fractures.
Some of the causes of this fracture are:
- Frequent application of a huge amount of force, greater than what the bones of a person's lower legs and feet can bear can cause this type of fracture. This force causes an imbalance between resorption and the growth of bone.
- If the bones are continually subjected to force without being given adequate time to recover, then the body tends to reabsorb bone cells faster than they can be replaced. These fatigued bones, when subjected to repetitive force, may cause tiny cracks which can turn into stress fractures.
Stress fractures usually occur in the metatarsal bones in the foot, heel bone, shin bone, thigh bone, and pubic rami of the pelvis among many other bones in the body.
Some of the symptoms of stress fractures may include:
- Swelling in the affected area
- The area may grow tender and the crack usually increases while the foot is at rest
X-rays are the common methods of diagnosis. If left untreated, these fractures can lead to chronic pain.
Related Tip: Bone Fractures - Causes and Symptoms
Siblings are most definitely, the best thing to have ever happened to anyone. We fight, we laugh, we play and we defend. No matter, whether you are the best buddies or you cannot even stand being in the same room, you two (or three or four!) share an inseparable bond, which will last for a lifetime. Siblings are surely in for the long haul, while friends and colleagues may just come and go. But do our sibs really influence us?
- The weight issues: Obesity has been known to run in generations and families, but there have been studies which show that siblings have an influence, especially when we talk of the waistline. Researches; conducted from a 2014 based study at Duke University from the Sanford School of Public Policy show that if the older sibling is obese, the chances of the younger one, being the same increase fivefold. This is regardless of the fact that the parents are obese or not.
- Character talk: Though there is little evidence supporting the theory of birth order affecting personality, there sure is enough to support that siblings do shape the same for each other. Siblings do develop separate identities for themselves and in the same run, affect and shape the personality and characteristics as well as the behavior of the other, to a major extent. For instance, a person would make more of an effort to become an outgoing person, if his/ her sibling is shy and quiet. In case of families with three kids, this is more likely to happen among siblings of the same gender instead of the opposite genders.
- The first teachers: Navigating social situations are what we first learn from our siblings. A daily practice in understanding foreign minds and getting an insight of the outer world is what we first get from our siblings. Strong bonds between two kids at home have shown better and more successful connections with peers at school.
- Saving marriages is their task: Being a part of a bigger family reduces the chance of divorce due to more chances of being accustomed to adjustment. Ohio State University concluded in a 2013 study that every sibling reduces divorce risk by 2%.
- Depression Deal: Squabbling of siblings is as natural as the rain. Yet, the reasons for the fight can have major health implications. Quarreling about issues like fairness and equality can lead to experiencing higher levels of depression. The same has been concluded by a 2012 study of the University of Missouri. Fighting over personal space can lead to the development of low self-esteem and anxiety.
- But they are happiness boosters too: You know that already! Having siblings is in itself a joyful experience. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
I have irregular periods. I have piles, constipation, hairfall problem. I'm overweight also. What should i do?
Hi, I had sex with my girlfriend. After six hours she took pill (unwanted 72), but after seven days she got bleeding for one and half day. This is bleeding happen to the effect of pill? Her period date was on 20th, Its more than 5 days of delay, still now she didn't observe periods. This is due the pill or is she got pregnant?
Mere Shadi ko 1 year Ho gya hai main abhi family plan nhi chahta hun lekin sab log keh rhe hain ki baad main bachche nhi hote hain to ye kya thek baat hai ya nhi batasakte hain.
Hi doc, my wife is having endometriosis (cysts) which results very chronic pain at time of periods. We were married in dec-2006, due to this decease we do not have any child also. In 2008 she had gone laproscopy but now the cysts are again formed. Is there any permanent solution of this decease. I have searched on net that some ayurvedic treatment can cure this permanently. Please help me.
What are Symptom in first month of pregnancy how can we physically identify in first month that a women is pregnant.
We get Innovative & more productive: When we are truly & totally alone, we don’t rely on other people to entertain or otherwise enhance our life experience. Not only it forces us to think differently but we also don’t hold our self back in any way. Result? more new ways of accomplishing a task that we might not even had tried before, had we been working in a group. (Remember the movie & novel The Martian??)
We Work Harder: Remember school & college group projects?? I bet we all had near similar experiences where one or two members of the group put in all the donkeys work on behalf of group of four or five students! This group mentality of being Passive or “someone else will do it or should do it” doesn’t exist when we are alone. And of course, if we don’t do what we are supposed to, we shall be the one's taking the blame. But on the brighter side, when we are totally alone, we are completely free from distractions and can actually focus on getting work done with monomaniacal focus.
We are able to clear our minds better:We all need time to recharge. This happens best during periods of loneliness where we can sit back & objectively think about our problems, projects without the burden of outside opinions. History is ripe with tales of great ideas & inventions springing to life in serenity of solitude.
So next time, we should all welcome the prospect of spending ''that weekend'' or ''that trip'' alone all by ourselves!! Cheers!