Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroja Shanmugam
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja ShanmugamYour feedback matters!
My son is 4 year old. He is having cough continuously if I fail to give monticope. We have tested that he is having allergy. I am giving monticope for the past 3 months. Please give suggestions. I am very much worried about my son. Whether I have to continue or change the medicine.
My baby is 2 months old she is struggling while nursing. During nursing she coughing ands she doing deep breath for 4 to 5 times after that. What to do doctor for overactive letdown. Now she vomits the milk.
I want to know a complete diet plan for my 4 months baby what to feed and when the correct time he doesn't take breastfeeding.
Merit daughter ki age 8 year 8 month hai. Ye abhi bhi vista pe pesab kart hai. Weight 18.5 kg and height 121cm hai. Kya ye normal hai if not please suggest me. Thanks.
Dear Sir/ madam, I have blessed with a daughter on 14. 10. 2016, just 5 days before. Her bilirubin (Total) shows 12. 2. Is it dangerous for her? What is the control (specified) limit for bilirubin (jaundice) in new born babies? What to do now for her treatment? Some doctors suggested for sun bath & antibiotic injections (half dose twice a day) for 5 days, is it safe for a 5 days baby girl? Please suggest, I'm very nervous.
Dear Sir/Madam. I am from Arunachal Pradesh, Kanubari Block. I have a baby girl 11 months and in january she will attain in 1 year. My question is that why she is not sleep as other child as we know that sleeping is very much essential to every child to grow fast. And also she is feeling unfree while doing toilet (piss). Kindly give me some suggestion as there is only one Community Health Centre and no any other hospital in the place.
Hi, My daughter she is 2 years 5 months. All of sudden she developed this stubbornness and lack of sleep in nights and wanted to go out late night. And if we tell her no she cries screams her guts out. She sleeps every day 3.30am and gets up 2pm. In btw I give her only milk. She never stop crying she cries more then 1 hr till she gets her work down. She not having her food normally she not chewing her food. Always having smashed rice. Anything if I give her she spit it out. I'm going hard times very stressed out. Unable to control her. Please help me.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.