Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroja Ramanathan
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja RamanathanYour feedback matters!
I had total abdominal hysterectomy without ovaries 10 months ago till then I have brown discharge after every 28 days my pelvic scan is normal doctor found no point from where I bleed I am very dèepresed.
I'm being eating elestra for 2 months. But I don't know how to eat it. It's 21 days course. I didn't understand from when to start eating. From 1st day of periods or 1st day after periods?
Benefits of green coffee beans for health:
1. Rich in anti-oxidants:
Green coffee beans are rich in antioxidants, which reduce the damaging effects of free radicals in our body and take care of our overall health. A number of studies have confirmed that raw and unprocessed green coffee beans possess 100% pure chlorogenic acid (cga), which is basically an ester of caffeic acid having strong antioxidant properties. It can put a check on the levels of glucose in our bloodstream and prevent our skin cells from getting dented.
2. Boosts metabolism:
The chlorogenic acid present in green coffee beans is also known as a metabolism booster. It increases the basal metabolic rate (bmr) of our body to a great extent, which minimizes excessive release of glucose from the liver into blood. Due to the lack of glucose, our body starts burning the stored fat cells in order to fulfill its glucose requirement. Thus, pure green coffee beans raise our fat burning capability and eventually help us shed off excess weight.
3. Helps burn extra fat:
These beans also contain large amount of kelp. It is a certain type of seaweed loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. Therefore, it helps in maintaining the levels of nutrients in our body. In unison, it perks up the burning metabolism of our body so that we can burn out unwanted fat and calories fast.
4. Suppresses appetite:
If you are suffering from frequent hunger pangs, green coffee beans can help you very much. Being a strong and effective appetite suppressant, it can control our cravings for food and averts us from overeating. So, our body starts burning the fat deposits and we get rid of additional weight.
5. Treatment of diabetes:
These green beans are also capable of treating type 2 diabetes successfully. Their extract is known to lower high levels of sugar in our bloodstream, while accelerating weight loss. Both of these are essential for curing diabetes mellitus type 2.
6. Reduces levels of bad cholesterol:
Our cholesterol levels can be checked considerably with green coffee beans. Low-density lipoprotein (ldl), also known as ‘bad cholesterol’, is the main culprit that makes us vulnerable to deadly cardiovascular disorders including cardiac arrest. Studies have shown that it can be prevented by consuming green coffee bean extract regularly.
7. Helps improving blood circulation:
High blood pressure can lead us to several fatal diseases like stroke, heart failure, chronic renal failure, etc. But researchers have found the presence of a very active and powerful aspirin-like ingredient in green coffee beans that imposes a positive impact on our blood vessels by preventing platelets from getting clustered. As a result, our arteries don’t get hardened and the circulation of blood throughout our body is improved to a great extent.
8. Used for natural detoxification:
Green coffee bean extract is a natural detox. It cleanses our liver to make it free from toxins, bad cholesterols, unnecessary fats, and so on. As the liver is detoxified, its functions improve a lot which eventually perks up our metabolism and improves our overall health.
9. Boosts energy:
Due to the presence of high amount of caffeine, green coffee beans can be used as excellent energy booster. They can raise our energy level and keep us active during the whole day.
10. Reduces effect of free radicals:
Chlorogenic acid present in green coffee beans can reduce the effects of free radicals in our body up to 10 times than regular green tea. As the beans are not roasted, there are some other antioxidative agents from the polyphenol family, ferulic acid, etc, which decelerate the ageing procedure and give us youthful skin.
11. Enhances immune system:
These coffee beans are highly effective in enhancing our immune system. Due to the occurrence of potent free-radical busters, they can help our body eliminate all types of toxic and damaging elements. Consequently, we can get rid of dull and acne-prone skin.
12. Helps slowing down the appearance of signs of ageing:
Green coffee beans are also known to retain high levels of volatile materials as they do not need to undergo the roasting procedure. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (gaba), theophylline, epigallocatechin gallate, etc. Are some of such ingredients that can help us maintain our skin health and avert the appearance of wrinkles.
13. Helps moisturize skin:
Apart from the antioxidant agents, green coffee beans are also rich in fatty acids and esters including arahidic acid, linoleic acid and oleic acid, which nourishes and moisturizes our skin to stop sagging, discoloration and other severe damages.
14. Removes substances that damage hair:
Antioxidant content of green coffee beans is equally beneficial for our hair. As it helps us fight against everything toxic and damaging, our hair remains strong, healthy and beautiful.
15. Fights baldness:
Androgenetic alopecia, also called ‘female pattern hair loss’ can also be cured with green coffee beans. The extract of these beans can boost the growth as well as thickness of our hair strands significantly.type diabetes
I Hd sex on 27th nov n I hv takn ipill on 29th nite n again I Hd sex nxt 2 days I Hd taken I pill on 1st nite .will I b pregnant?
Dear sir actually I had sex with my husband on very last day of mp than again period was start for 1 days only but now my mc is not coming accordingly Please help me I am not want child r8 now. What to do.
Masturbation, which has always been a taboo subject, is slowly gaining attention as an issue that can be discussed openly.
In fact, there are several myths associated with masturbation which have been long held. Let's debunk these myths first. The following ideas about masturbation are not only untrue, they are also misleading.
Myth #1: It causes weaknesses
Myth #2: It causes loss of energy
Myth #3: It leads to Impotence
Myth #4: It may induce problem in future sex life or causes guilt
Myth #5: It can cause Nightfall
So what is the truth?
People are beginning to understand that masturbation is not simply a superficial form of pleasuring the self, but an activity that can provide some benefits in terms of health and fitness as well.
Not only that, masturbation also helps men and especially women, learn more about their own sexual behavior, preferences, and desires. It helps them become more comfortable with their body and in tune with their own inner minds.
Here is how masturbation can lead to well-being
1. Masturbation as a process of stress relief: Pleasing oneself after a hectic and taxing day at work can reduce a lot of stress. The activity releases endorphins into the blood which helps to improve one's overall mood and helps the individual to relax. In the 21st century, this is indeed a great advantage where people are constantly under pressure from various areas of life.
2. Masturbation to strengthen the body: In case of women, masturbation makes the muscles of the pelvic floor stronger. Along with this, it decreases the likelihood of developing yeast infections in the vagina or surrounding areas. This improves bladder control and also improves sexual experiences. For men, masturbation helps to develop better resistance to prostate gland infections. It also helps to improve the health of the prostate. It also gives a boost to the immune system.
3. Masturbation also helps with PreMenstrual Syndrome: Most women go through a wide variety of PMS symptoms such as intense stomach cramping, mood fluctuation, anxiety, tension, and pain in the legs and the back. Masturbation has been found to ease these problems to a great extent.
4. Masturbation demystifies the concepts of sex and sexuality: In Indian society, discussing sex and sexuality is seen as taboo. Discussing these issues openly is regarded as immoral. This causes many people, especially young people, to have unclear ideas about their own bodies and bodily desires. This causes a lot of stress and anxiety in their minds. Masturbation helps them to come to terms with these issues by exploring their own bodies in a new way. This helps to promote well being by dismantling primitive ideas about sex and sexuality.
Related Tip: 8 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Masturbation
पहली बार सेक्स से जुड़े सवालों का सच जाने
1. फर्स्ट टाइम सेक्स में दर्दः अक्सर कहा जाता है कि पहली बार सेक्स करने में बहुत दर्द होता है लेकिन अगर ठीक से फोरप्ले किया जाए और आप इसके लिए पूरी तरह तैयार हों तो पहली बार सेक्स करना बहुत आसान हो जाता है और बहुत कम दर्द होता है। आप चाहें तो इस समय लुब्रीक्रेंट्स का भी इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं।
2. साइज का महत्वः यकीन मानिए सेक्स में साइज का कोई महत्व नहीं होता। महिलाओं में अक्सर यह भ्रम होता है कि उनके पार्ननर का साइज जितना बड़ा होता है उन्हें उतनी जल्दी ऑर्गेजम तक पहुचेंगी। लेकिन यह धारणा बिल्कुल अलग है। ऑर्गेजम का साइज से कोई लेनादेना नहीं होता है।
3. पोर्न फिल्मों जैसा अहसासः अगर आपको लगता है कि आप भी पोर्न स्टार की तरह सेक्स कर पाएंगे तो आप गलत सोच रहे हैं। पोर्न फिल्मों में कई ऐक्ट तो फेक होते हैं और साथ ही आपकी बॉडी भी पोर्न स्टार्स जैसी नहीं होती। इसलिए उन्हें फॉलो करने की कोशिश न करें।
4. ब्लीडिंग की धारणाः आमतौर पर लोगों में यह धारणा है कि फर्स्ट टाइम सेक्स के दौरान वर्जिन लड़की को ब्लीडिंग होना जरूरी है। लेकिन यह सही नहीं है। ब्लीडिंग का संबंध वर्जिनिटी से बिल्कुल नहीं है। ब्लीडिंग हाइमन के फटने से होती है, जो संभव है कि कभी उस पर खेलकूद या भागदौड़ के कारण दबाव पड़ने पर पहले ही फट गई हो। जरूरी नहीं है कि ऐसा सेक्स के दौरान ही हो।
5. ज्यादा समय तक सेक्सः लोगों में यह धारणा है कि पहली बार सेक्स की अवधि बहुत लंबी होती है और इसका अंत ऑर्गेजम के रूप में होता है। लेकिन यह धारणा सही नहीं है और ऑर्गेजम के मामले में महिलाओं को निराशा हाथ लग सकती है। इसलिए जरूरी है कि पहली बार सेक्स के दौरान बिना किसी उम्मीद के सिर्फ इसे एंजॉय करने की कोशिश करें।
I generally have white bumps in the upper part inside my mouth and also have problem of itching in vaginal part where we have hair which disease it could be?
Drinking hot chocolate is not only about its delicious taste or only keeping us warm during winter nights. It has many benefits to our overall health.
Cocoa powder in chocolate is a wonderful source of flavonoids. Flavonoids are rich in antioxidants which slow down aging process and protect the skin. Antioxidants present in flavonoids also fight free radicals in our body, hence protect us against cancer and other unwanted infections.
Hot chocolate also contain phytochemicals known as theobromine which improves blood flow to brain. This results in increased brain activity and stimulates memory power. It helps to fight against dementia and also helps the patients who already suffer from dementia. Improved blood flow also lowers blood pressure and improves heart health.
Mood lifting hot chocolate is also a good source of various minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper and iron.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I am 6 months pregnant suddenly started getting pain in lower abdomen frequent urination. N white discharge what should I do.
Madam, I am 34 years women, I have thyroid for 3 months, I have one child, no periods regularly and face, legs big. Please suggest my problems.
Hi doctor, I have 1 problem called pcos. I want to know how it will impact on married life since I am planning to get married? also I want to know what all complications will be there. Is there are any other disease that are related to this problem like ovarian cancer or diabetes? Dr. Put me on 6 months medication (tablet name: dronis30. So after medication I will be totally cured or I have to take any other treatment. Please reply. Thanks.
Heavy menstrual bleeding, also known as Menorrhagia, refers to the state of abnormally heavy bleeding during periods. It’s common for women at the premenopausal stage of their life to experience heavy bleeding during periods; but if you are not among them, heavy menstrual bleeding is a matter of severe concern.
If you normally lose a lot of blood during your periods or experience severe cramps that prevent you from leading your normal lifestyle, you must first identify the cause of it.
Here are some of the most common conditions that are responsible for causing Menorrhagia.
Disturbed hormonal balance: Menstruation involves the shedding of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), whose build up is generally controlled by the balance between oestrogen and progesterone, the two significant hormones of your body. It sometimes happens that there is excess endometrium generation due to disturbed hormonal balance, which results in heavy menstrual bleeding.
Polyps: Sometimes heavy menstrual bleeding occurs due to the occurrence of uterine polyps, which are tiny growths appearing on the uterus lining. This condition is mostly prevalent among women of child-bearing age caused due to raised levels of hormones.
Intrauterine device (IUD): People who use birth control methods like Intrauterine device or IUD are likely to experience certain side effects which include heavy menstrual bleeding. If the cause behind your Menorrhagia is an IUD, you might need to remove it to get relief from the condition.
Pregnancy complications: If you experience your period later than usual and it is associated with excessive bleeding, it may be caused by a miscarriage. Moreover, you might also experience Menorrhagia in case of an ectopic pregnancy, a condition when the fertilized egg is implanted within the fallopian tube in place of the uterus.
Uterine fibroids: Women of reproductive age may develop noncancerous (benign) tumours in the uterus known as uterine fibroids. These fibroids can be responsible for giving you periods lasting longer than usual accompanied with excessive bleeding.
Medications: Consumption of certain prescription drugs such as anticoagulants and anti-inflammatory medicines may lead to prolonged or excessive menstrual bleeding. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!