Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja PonniyanYour feedback matters!
I am 6 month pregnant. .i want to do 3d scanning .but In which this scanning should be done, And I want to know what all benefits of this 3d scanning?
I have 2 tumors in my uterus. I can't conceive a child also. I am married for 3 years. So what should I do.
This is the 17th week from the day I had intercourse with a escort. From last 1 week I am having the continuous burning sensation on tip of my penis and sometime pain spread to testicles. 1 week before the pain was acute but now it does not hurt much. Sometime I find little pain while urinating and sometime for days I feel ok. I do not have any discharge coming. No pus, no yellow or green fluid. Sometime I feel like something is coming from my penis but nothing comes. I do not have any symptoms like rashes or blisters. This thing happened when I had a much alcoholic consumption 1 week ago and the next morning I woke up with this feeling. Now the pain spread into my back. I have a joint pain issue from last two years but for the last week it got increased little bit. I thought it was UTI but I was do not have any symptoms like peeing again and again and continuous burning sensation. I got little etching but my skin seems to be clean. I also had a anxiety as soon I finished the intercourse. Because I had a doubt that she had a STD. I started taking PEP withing 60 hours. The after 1 month back I tested for PCR DNA. Which came out negative. I did a protected intercourse but I still doubt that I used it properly as it was my first time I had intercourse. Badly Irritated about the burning sensation in the tip of my penis. Pain is normal and bearable but sensation continues. I took advice of Urologist. There was no UTI infection. He said be to go for STD test again and gave some medicines for relief but conditions are same. I have checked for herpes, clamdiya and Gonnorea and they all were negative. I also did pcr dna test after 17th week and it was undetectable. Can I get a false negative result after 17th week. Urologist said to do endoscopy as all reports were negative. 120 days over, this is to be noted that after checkup and after 120 days I am getting seroconversion (ARS) symptoms. Had a small lump in my groin (i guess it is a swollen lymph node), pain in eyes ,fissure (from 2 week) neck pain, blisters on right cheek (big fluids pimples), mouth ulcer for 2 days (and den vanished) and gastro issues. Back pain (pain got less within week) and little heaviness in my back head and I have that feeling when I close my hands something under my armpit feeling. I have suffered all these issues earlier too. Now within week, they all are coming together, is a indication of something? May be my immune was strong, so I seroconverted late after 4 months? Can PCR test be false negative after 3.5 months? I am scared of being tested again as I afraid of being seroconverted. Seems like bad luck after using protection, prep medicine, getting the negative hiv in pcr test, still getting seroconverted. Seeking for emotional help Very scared! seems to be like a dark future! I know hiv patient can also live the normal life like others but having Suicidal feeling in the society where Hiv is a taboo! taking mobizox, Pan20, contiflo and Livoluk and lox jelly for piles. Back pain near rib was enormous when moving. Pain started from lower back then moved to upper left back near rib when moving now pain.
Hi, recently got married two months ago. And trying to conceive and having unprotected sex for last two months and not pregnant yet. Pls let me know how to conceive fast.
Ayurveda is more than a mere healing system, it is a science and art of appropriate living which helps to achieve longevity. Ayurveda emphasizes on preventive and healing therapies along with various methods of purification and rejuvenation. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma therapies for cleansing of body toxins. Panchakarma Therapies balances all Tridosha’s (Vata- Ether Plus Air, Pitta-Fire Plus Water and Kapha-Water Plus Earth- Three Bio Energies- Body Constitution).
Ayurveda Considers Panch Karma Necessary Before the start of any other Therapy. The logic being-as a cloth needs to be purified or cleanse of dust and impurities before it can be imparted a new colour. Similarly the body needs to be purified before it can be imparted new colours of youthfulness, Health and vigor etc.
My wife is 23 years and got married with me last 16 oct-2016 Sunday. We had unprotected sex and she took unwanted 72 pill within 72 hrs. She is not getting her menstruation which usually take on 20oct. Now she is having urine burn. Can you pls suggest any medicine to use after 6-7 days pregnancy, if she is getting pregnant.
Most people feel that long distance relationships are rarely successful and so it is better to avoid such complications. But then it is also a fact that there are many success stories wherein things have worked out just fine. Though a long distance relationship has its own set of difficulties, it has several surprises too. Enjoying simple things like holding each other’s hand, dining together and taking a walk together suddenly can become some of the most cherished things.
Here are a few tips to make your long distance relation healthy and strong:
- Communicate with each other, but avoid over communication: It is true that in a long distance relationship communication is very important. But often, a partner being overly possessive might want prolonged phone calls over hours, and this can make the entire deal extremely irritating and tiresome. Communication can be regular, but then make sure that you enjoy the conversation. The length of the conversation doesn’t really matter, it’s the quality of that small talk you have with your partner. Respect your partner’s space and privacy and don’t go overboard talking about all the daily humdrums of your life.
- Be honest with one another: Honesty is the key to a successful relationship and this becomes even more important if it is a long distance one. While it is true that you need not share every single detail of your life, sharing things that might be bothering you or things on which you might want to come clean can of help. This will also help take the load off you that might be sitting tight on your chest. So, the best thing would be an honest discussion with your partner who should and will help you to find a solution. Avoid selfishness, over communication and improve openness and transparency are good things to marital harmony.
- Make right use of social media: Video calling might not be up your alley, especially if you are of the fairer sex. However, do enjoy it once in a while, even if it is for your partner. Remember, your partner certainly loves seeing you and video calling once in a while will surely make his day.
- Make plans to see each other once in a while: Meeting each other once in a few weeks or months keeps things going. As mentioned above, a long distance relationship has its own perks; the want and the desire to see and be with each other get amplified when you decide to meet after a month or two. True, sexual intimacy is that one thing that comes to the fore when you meet after a while. But try to revel in each other’s company; enjoy long bottled up conversations. Nothing can bring two love birds close than a perfect warm conversation over a cup of cappuccino. Being in a long distance relation isn’t easy but it is worth it if you truly feel connected to your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.