Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja PYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to get pregnant? my friend rishi was making out n was experimenting some new stuff he tried thing called dry sex he was in underwear and his gf was wearing her pants and underwear too thy were rubbing over one another and he ejaculated in his underwear and once and again thy kept doing and he ejaculated once again. They both are virgin. No direct contact happened to one others parts. Are ther any chances of pregnancy?
I ovulated on 12th. From 13th onwards my cervical mucus dried up. today is my day 21. And am still dry. What could be the reason.
I had sex with bf taking protection using condoms that did not leaked and had taken I pill after 24 hours .now I am getting spotting in a month twice not normal periods is there chance of pregnancy or any other problem.
I have small breast and vagina my husband penis is big its not fitting in .and its pains while pushing it I can't take that my sex life is not good and I am afraid that my husband will be attracted to another woman .plz suggest some methods.
Hi I am 23yrs old girl. I generally get my periods late orelse on time and they last for a maximum of 5 days. Is time I hav got my periods 9 days early and I only bleed lyk 10 drops maximum in d whle day orels when I go to urinate thrs red slimy discharge orelse wen I wash myself thr I gt like a thread of blood. For once I noticed there was black blood. And its been 9 days now that I am bleeding jat maximum of 0 drops a day. Is this something to worry about. I would also like to tell you that last time when I had done my sonography dey had tested an ovarian cyst which I have never treated. Would that be a problem?
I am 26 years old. I have pcos from last one year. I was on contraceptive pills for last 7th months. But I have stopped pills last December. After that I got my period regular for 2 months. I have tried pregnancy after got my period. I have missed period last month April. After 15 days I have done pregnancy test by prega news. Result was positive. My gyno told me that test was correct. Doctor told me after 2 months to done usg. I just want to know I am not feeling any vomiting nausea. Is it a normal for my pregnancy?
Hello I am 37 years old & my wife is 35 years old we are trying for our first baby not yet successful we have sex from 5th day of her period every alternate day till she gets her period. First I give her pleasure (orgasm) by foreplay and have sex with Johnson baby oil as lube. Are we making any mistakes please advice worried a lot. Thanks.
My age is 40 I want to my period earlier because some family function and pooja is there last month my period date was 5.10.2016 I am going my native place on 28.11.2016 should my period will comes very earlier like from 24 November Start.
I am 27 years old female, I have swelling in my right leg ankle and foot from past 3 years exactly after my delivery, initially I thought it might go gradually but it never reduced. I went to many doctors did many blood tests and urine test all report says normal. Please suggest what should I do. Also I had eczema in my legs but now controlled with creams given by dermatologist and the doctor said this swelling is not related to eczema. Kindly help.
I am 30 years my right tube removed for left tube tubectomy is done but now I want a baby for left tube reconciliation with open surgery or laparoscopic operations which is best what r success rate please tell me.
I am having irregular periods since long time ,and also having back pain alot. Is my bk pain a reason of irregularity of periods. How cn this be cured. My age is 27.
I'm 22 years old female. To treat hair loss and hair thinning caused by thyroid and PCOS, I am applying a solution on the scalp. After 5-10 minutes of applying hair 4 you solution (minoxidil), I start feeling the sensation of itching on the scalp. What should I do? Shall I continue to apply it? What are the side effects of using it?
I am having a severe back pain and right leg pain and I am pregnant woman of 8 month running. So give me remedies for this.
I usually get periods 20th of every month. So when to do safe sex to avoid pregnancy. What time period is suitable. I am getting married this year. So I wanted to know what are safe means to do sex?
Excess bleeding or menorrhagia is a common kind of abnormal bleeding occurring at the time of menstruation. Menorrhagia causes more blood loss which leads to anaemia. fatigue and breathlessness are common symptoms of anaemia.
Symptoms of excess bleeding
A few of the common symptoms of excessive bleeding are:
- Discharge of large blood clots is a sign of heavy bleeding
- Bleeding during the night which causes disruption in sleep as one has to wake up several times in the night to change the sanitary napkin
- Menstruation lasts longer than usual or more than 5 to 7 days.
- Any menses requiring excess change of pads than usual
Causes of excess bleeding
- Imbalance of hormones: During adolescence and when nearing menopause, the female body undergoes some imbalance in oestrogen and progesterone hormones. At these points of time, heavy bleeding is common among women. But it’s abnormal. So get it evaluated.
- Abortion / Ectopic pregnancy: Conception occurs in mid cycle and so by the time a menses start, one could be a pregnant too. So excess bleeding occurring at menses could be also due to an abortion or miscarriage. Unlike the usual course of pregnancy, if the fertilised egg gets stuck in the fallopian tubes and develops there, It results in Ectopic pregnancy. Excess bleeding can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy too.
- Fibroids: Growth of fleshy solid tumours in the wall of uterus namely Fibroids can lead to excess bleeding.
- Cancer: Cervical, ovarian and uterine cancers are rare causes of heavy bleeding, but it is possible. So early detection of these conditions is better for treatment.
- Adenomyosis: This is common in middle-aged women who have given birth to more than two children. In this case, the glands that appear in the lining of the uterus become deeply embedded in the muscle of the uterus wall. These women with adenomyotic uterus have severe dysmenorrhea ( pain during menses ) and excess bleeding.
- Intrauterine device: IUD used for birth causes more bleeding during menstruation. In some the bleeding reduces over time, but if in excess one must get evaluated.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: PID is an infection that occurs in the uterus, other reproductive organs and the fallopian tubes. Inflammed reproductive organs bleed more and hence cause menorrhagia.
- Other diseases and disorders: Diseases like that of liver, kidneys and thyroids can cause excess bleeding. Disorders in blood levels or platelets can also be a cause.
Treatment for excess bleeding
Several treatments are available to treat heavy bleeding during menstruation. Choosing the right one mainly depends on the reasons that cause heavy bleeding.
- Hormonal therapy: This therapy is used as a treatment to stabilise the lining of the uterus (endometrium) and thus regulate the menstrual bleeding.
- Non-hormonal medication: A tranexamic acid is a non-hormonal medication prescribed by the doctor that promotes clotting of the blood.
- Nonsteroidal drugs: Nonsteroidal medications that are anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen, mefenamic acid helps to reduce the blood loss.
- Hysteroscopy: A long and thin scope can be inserted into the uterus through the cervix and the vagina. The doctor observes the lining of the uterus, remove the excess lining or the endometrial polyps that cause bleeding.
- Dilation and curettage: In this procedure, the mouth of the uterus (cervix) to be dilated and the lining of the uterus is scrapped off to make it shed all at once and stop bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This involves removing the uterus. It is mainly done for uterus having adenomyosis, fibroids, or cancers, or when the patient does not respond to medical therapies.
- Ablation: Ablation or endometrial resection allows removal of the lining of the uterus. But it may be a temporary measure as the lining recurs.
To conclude, proper diagnosis, choosing the right treatment for excess bleeding at menses needs to be done urgently as it affects the overall health of the women suffering from it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello, I hv done sex. But m getting married with another person? How to tighten my vagina? Is he will know that m not virgin, wat I ll do for my relationship after marriage? Can he ll know at the tym of sex dat I am not virgin? Wat to do to regain my virginity? please suggest.
Actually I took emergency contraceptive pills on 15th March 1st time after unprotected intercourse ,after 7th day on 22 March evening I got abdominal pain. And after 11: 00 pm night started bleeding. My m.c bleeding started on 5th March and bleeding stop on 9th March. As normal 28 days m.c I have repeated. please suggest me tht is it normal or not or wt is the probability of next period. Or wt the chance or pregnancy. please help me.
Exercise is one of the best stress-busters for those who believe in it. Sweating it out in any form brings out renewed energy, both physically and mentally. Similarly, running unleashes vast amounts of energy and is one of the most vigorous workouts. Of late, running is a fad, and there are more and more people vying for the half and full marathons.
The following are some pointers for runners. Whether you are just beginning to or are planning for a marathon, read on to know what to do before actually running.
Hydration: Before getting into a running mode, take a minute to think if you have had enough water for the day. The amount of water consumed should be dependent on a number of factors including:
Weather/climatic factors including temperature, humidity etc.
Distance and speed of running
Toilet trips should be done during the day
Consumption of alcohol or caffeine – these will leave you dehydrated
Amount of water in the last 2 hours
Level of thirst
Drink water about 30 minutes before you begin to run, but not to the point that you feel water splashing in the belly and have to stop at the restroom every half an hour.
Food: While it is not advisable to run on an empty stomach, it is not required to eat a full meal before running. Make it easy for the stomach by eating something light like a banana or oats. These are easily digestible and do not tire you out.
Shoes: The most important of all, ensure you are wearing running shoes which are lightweight. Ideally, the right shoes should not cause pain in the shin or the knees and can stand the long runs. Bad shoes can cause severe damage, therefore, it is always wise to invest in a good pair of running shoes.
Work towards a target: Running without having a target is not of much use. Your target could be in the distance covered, time you ran, calories burned, or matching your personal best timing. Whatever you choose, with each run, keeping the route, time, and distance in mind, set a target. Track your run against that target. This can help establish personal best times and help improve performance with other runners too. It also helps get a feeling of accomplishment and a purpose.
- Music: This just peps up your run and often adds to the spring in your foot. A nice lively song can increase the heart rate and prepare you for a longer run. Warming up to a good music also elevates mood and energy levels. Any runner would agree that he enjoys a good music during the run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.