Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saravankumar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SaravankumarYour feedback matters!
Calf muscle pair occurs all of sudden while sleeping. What might be the reason and what's the solution?
I am 32 Years Old ,I met with an accident and during playing time again my ligament have some problem and I can't run with that. Is it necessary to go for surgery or it will automatically. I had done MRI and In MRI its show that following point -Complete mid substance rupture of ACL with laxity notd Mild joint effusion noted Posterior part of the lateral tibial condyle mild bone contusion and subchondral edema noted Kindly suggest for that, Is it necessary to surgery.
I am suffering from backache since last 4 years now and tried all sort of medications gels home remedies yoga but all of temporary use. I feel so shy to wear anything revealing around back neck. Please help and advise.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
Hi. I have been suffering from constipation and I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Food intake is very less, daily while waking up I'm having knee, leg and back pain.
Back pain is something that affects many people all over the world. Persistent and chronic pain seems to be one of the most common complaints. Middle back pain is back pain that is felt in the thoracic vertebrae region, which is located between the base of the neck and top of the lumbar spine. The ribs attach to a long, flat bone in the middle of the chest called the sternum and wrap around the back. In case, there is a nerve around there is squeezed, disturbed, or injured, you are likely to feel pain in different spots where the nerve goes through, for example, your arms, legs, chest and the stomach.
Some of the most common causes of middle back pain are as follows:
- Middle back pain can happen as a consequence of injury or sudden damage or it can happen through strain or poor stance after some time.
- The most widely recognized reason for middle back pain seems to begin from soft tissue problems or muscular irritation. These can emerge from poor stance, lack of strength, prolonged sitting in front of a computer, utilizing a heavy backpack, overuse injuries, (for example, repetitive movement), or injury, (like a whiplash damage brought about by an auto crash or as a consequence of a sports injuries).
- The middle back is a moderately normal site for inflammatory, degenerative, metabolic, infective and neoplastic conditions.
- Middle back pain and its dysfunctions are connected with various conditions, for example, essential and optional osteoporosis (particularly vertebral cracks and hyperkyphosis emerging from vertebral bone loss), ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis and Scheuermann's infection.
- Muscle strain, overuse or damage to the muscles, tendons, and discs that are backing your spine can also cause middle back pain.
- Weight on the spinal nerves from specific issues, for example, a herniated disc.
- A fracture in one of the vertebrae can also cause pain in this region.
- Osteoarthritis created by the breakdown of ligament or cartilage that cushions the little joints in the spine.
- Myofascial pain that influences the connective tissue of a muscle or gathering of muscles.
- In uncommon cases, pain might be brought about by different issues, for example, gall bladder disease, cancer or an infection.
- Getting hit hard in the back can also cause chronic pain.
- Lift something too heavy may cause pain and a sudden pressure in this area.
- A compression fracture of the vertebra can also bring about intense or chronic pain in the middle back. The injury may bring about a fracture, however in ladies over age 50 without critical injury or somebody known to have osteoporosis, an unconstrained vertebral fracture is possible.