Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SaravankumarYour feedback matters!
Am 21 years old male After I work out, I feel very pain in all over my arms, legs, and abdomen. Is this normal? What causes this?
Hi, recently I suffered from abortion due to some reasons, but after 10 or 15 days I am having pain in my wrist or muscles and really it is not tolerable, please help me. Thanks.
I have been suffering from muscle pain since a.long time, it is aggravated especially after exercise or long term arm usage.
My friend pressed my arm in anger and I guess there is blood clotting and pain in my wrist because of this.
I am 22 year old. 24 days ago I got a jerk and soft tissue damage in my right knee while playing football and I got a plaster but the recvry is not done. While doing smthng or trying to push anything there is severe pain in my knee on the medial aspect. Wat should I do. And will it affect my sports for a longer period?
I am 25 years old female and have a backache for last 2 months. I have relief a pain ointment cream but have no effect.
Age 72, male, pune weight 88kg ,diabetic last 20 years, I Am having pain on the left hand between elbow and back of the wrist, pain is not connected to heart problem. I am applying pressure on the bone of the elbow as advised by the doctor but for 4 months the pain has not subsided
I am 27 years old male and I have a weird back pain. I don't feel the pain whole day nor at night when I go to sleep. But I wake up with a terrible back pain. Sometimes even after 5 hours sleep I have to wake up due to immense back pain and sit for a while so that the pain decreases. What could be the cause and remedies for this backache. Thanks.
While lifting my left hand , i am getting pain on my shoulder for last 6 months. Intensity becomes more in a cold atmosphere or at night.My age is 59+ height 5`8" weight 76 kg.
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.