Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Saravanan - Vascular/endovascular And Organ Transplant Surgeon Mmm Hospital
Submit a review for Dr. S Saravanan - Vascular/endovascular And Organ Transplant Surgeon Mmm HospitalYour feedback matters!
Sir my father has done by pass surgery in year 2001. Last year we have done angiography for regular course, Dr. Has told again all veins are block except lima I .e ok. Now what you suggest that again we should go for by pass or it should by medical treatment drugs. Pls suggest your best views on same, he is 67 at present. Regards.
I am 41 year old male. I have vericose veins problem. Severe pains. Want prescription for pain reliever.
By birth I had problem with my left leg. It was twisted. I got operated within 6 months of birth. But as I grew old, my right leg is much healthier and stronger then left leg. Look wise my right leg is fatter then my left leg. Over time I have also problem of varicose in my right leg. Please suggest me ways so that both legs look symmetrical & proportional.
The coronary arteries supply the heart with oxygen-enriched blood and nutrients. If these arteries become damaged or diseased; they could cause Coronary artery disease or CAD. Plaque deposits on the walls of the arteries are the most common cause of this disease. This plaque is usually the result of high cholesterol levels. As the plaque builds up, the passage of blood flow is reduced. This reduces the amount of blood that reaches the heart. In cases of a complete blockage, CAD can even cause a heart attack. Because of its slow progression, this disease is often not diagnosed until it reaches a dangerous stage. However, it can be prevented and treated if diagnosed in time.
In the early stages of CAD, symptoms are not very noticeable. Symptoms become visible only when blood flow tCoronary Artery Diseaseo the heart reduces and the heart has to pump harder than normal. The most common symptoms experienced include:
- Chest Pain: This is also referred to as angina. It may feel like a tightening of the chest or pressure on the chest as though someone is pressing against it. This type of chest pain may be triggered by emotional or physical stress. It is usually relieved within a few minutes of stopping the activity. Women may experience this pain as a sharp, fleeting pain in the back, arm or neck.
- Breathlessness: When the heart does not receive enough blood, it has to work harder to pump blood through the body. This may be translated to breathlessness of shortness of breath when performing any type of physical activity. It can also cause extreme fatigue.
- Heart Attack: A heart attack is the most severe symptom of coronary artery disease. This is caused by the complete blockage of a coronary artery. A heart attack can occur without any symptoms or be preceded by slight symptoms. The signs of an impending heart attack include pain in the chest and shoulder, shortness of breath and extreme sweating. The chest pain may also travel to the lower jaw. These symptoms are more pronounced in men as compared to women. Women have a higher tendency of experiencing atypical signs such as extreme fatigue.
Other symptoms that might indicate coronary artery disease are dizziness, nausea and an irregular heartbeat. The good news is that this disease can be prevented. Staying physically active, maintaining a healthy weight, reducing stress and eating a low fat and low salt diet can help reduce the risk of CAD. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctors, My mom's weight is continuously rising and here some the nerves are damaged means they are of bluish colour. Actually her hysterectomy has done 2 years ago. Please tell me the solution. What to do thank you.
Hi, I underwent cancer treatment for osteosarcoma at the age of 13-15 years and had taken 9 chemo-therapy cycles at Tata memorial hospital, mumbai.Now since 10 years I am fine and healthy. My current problem is the veins in both of my hands are very deep, and whenever I go for any blood test the clinician can't find out veins easily, it's there any solution for this? Please help.
Hi doctor. Actually my one of the close frd met with an accident during his college days. It was a road accident he what hit by truck. So his leg veins got pressurized and now he can't walk normally his legs also become thin and weak even he is not able to stand and walk properly there is shaking while he is walking .He walked with the help of stick Can you just tell me is there any chances of recovery of him. Please reply soon.
Hi! my dad is a diabetic patient, from past 6 months. He is being lisping and slurring while talking. Our current doctor says some vein has been damaged and there is no solution to it but to control sugar levels. I want to ask whether there is a solution to this problem or not? A bit urgent.
An unhealthy diet is an absolute no in daily life to remain healthy, fit and without any disease. Unhealthy diets fail to give the body the correct amounts and varieties of proteins and nutrients for a maximum proper health.
Too many intakes of calories lead to an unhealthy diet, which also increases blood pressure. It leads to a very poor calorie ratio-to-nutrient that leads to gain weight and also leads to malnutrition along with various health problems. Unhealthy diets cause chronic disease, hypertension, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
Therefore, unhealthy eating habits should be avoided and strongly abandoned.
Why Avoid Unhealthy Diet?
- It causes obesity. Increased intake of nutrient-dense foods like fruits, sugar, processed carbohydrates and animal fat leads to obesity.
- Nutrient deficiency is another harmful effect of following an unhealthy diet.
- Illness is another factor. Poor intake of nutrition leads to diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Lack of calcium weakens the bones, lack of vitamin A and C suppress the body immune system leaving a person vulnerable to diseases.
- Increases the risk of coronary artery disease as unhealthy diet contributes to building up of plaque in the coronary arteries which can cause heart attacks.
Coronary Heart Disease - A Serious Issue!
It is a disease which leads to plaque building inside the coronary arteries, which supply rich oxygen blood to the human heart muscle. Over time the plaques either hardened or get ruptured and hardened plaque restricts the coronary arteries, which reduce the oxygen flow to the heart. On the other hand, if the plaque is ruptured blood is formed on its surface which also narrows the coronary artery and restricts the blood flow. And if the blood flow is blocked or reduced, then it might lead to Angina and heart attacks leading to loss of life. Angina causes chest pain it can also cause pain in the neck, back or arms. It is a state where one gets a feeling of indigestion.
Changes in lifestyle, eating habits, intake of medicines and its procedures helps to prevent this disease. These steps can also reduce the chances of health problems. Therefore, a proper healthy diet is a must in a person’s routine because it serves as one of the links to coronary heart diseases. In order to live long, live healthily and live happily one needs to adopt a good eating habit, take care of the medicines they intake, certain input time of exercise, change the monotonous lifestyle to lessen down the chances of their occurrence. Adopting healthy food habits also enables the body to fight against diseases and infections, reducing the rate of illness. It also reduces stress and provides a good healthy and happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!