Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saravanan. V
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saravanan. VYour feedback matters!
We will help you evaluate the benefits of gestational surrogacy and provide you with information about cost, legal issues, and treatment protocols.
In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate is pregnant with her own biological child, but this child will be raised by others. In gestational surrogacy, the surrogate becomes pregnant via embryo transfer with a child that is not biologically her own. The surrogate mother may be called the gestational carrier.
Once a suitable surrogate has been identified, and the screening process is complete, the cycle can begin. Timing depends on the surrogate’s and intended parents/donors menstrual cycle .
Surrogacy Cycle Overview
The surrogate needs to prepare her uterus for implantation with natural estrogen and progesterone. Because each woman is a little different, the dose, duration, and method of administering these hormones may need to be individualized. This can be determined ahead of time by conducting an evaluation cycle. This is a “dry run” in which we duplicate each part of the cycle except the actual transfer of embryos in order to determine how to maximize the chances of success. The evaluation cycle can be completed anytime before the actual procedure. In some circumstances, the evaluation cycle can be waived when the response of the uterus to hormonal stimulation is well known. This is fairly common for women who have undergone many treatment cycles in the past.
SET (Sequential Embryo Transfer)
Sequential embryo transfer-(SET) is an improved method of increasing pregnancy rates and implantation rates in infertile couples. According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the average pregnancy rate is about 20% for patients undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment. Patients undergoing SET have a pregnancy rate of over 50%! SET is the transfer of two groups of embryos in the same menstrual cycle of a woman undergoing IVF treatment for infertility. One group of embryos-the best looking and fastest growing embryos are transferred to the uterus 2 or 3 days after the oocytes (human eggs) are collected from the ovary. The second, more highly developed, group of embryos are transferred to the uterus a few days later-when at least one embryo has reached the expanded blastocyst stage-an advanced stage when an embryo is about to hatch from its shell called the Zona Pellucida and attempts to implant in the lining of the uterus called the endometrium. SET has an increased implantation rate ( embryos implanting from the total number of embryos).
Not all patients have embryos that survive to the blastocyst stage. Embryos may have arrested development in the first few days after fertilization – some embryos just arrest-no matter what the laboratory conditions are- and some embryos just were not destined to become babies because of inherent problems-such as genetic defects. The window of implantation of human embryos is between 7 to 10 days after ovulation. After 10 days, if the embryo does not at least start to implant, the endometrial lining may start to fall apart and not be able to sustain the embryo. Therefore, any early stage embryos placed in the uterus on Day 2 or 3 must depend on the uterus for a few more days until they develop to the blastocyst stage. Only the blastocyst stage embryo can implant in the uterus.
We believe -
Embryos talk to the uterus!
SET may be better than just one transfer for many patients for many reasons: First, embryos communicate with the uterus using hormones called cytokines. The presence of these cytokines can help the uterus prepare for implantation. The exact makeup of fluids in the oviduct and uterus of each patient may be impossible to determine. Perhaps the embryo can tell the uterus what it needs to implant and develop. The presence of one group of embryos on Day 3 may help the implantation of the second group of embryos by getting the uterus properly prepared. SET also provides a better method of selecting the best of the extra embryos to transfer and decreases the need to cryopreserve (freeze) extra embryos that may not be survivors. Obviously, the ability to decide which embryos are the best increases the chance of implantation and pregnancy. Blastocysts not transferred fresh can still be cryopreserved and thawed later for a frozen embryo transfer (FET).
10 benefits of unripe green papaya
Green papaya comes fully loaded with health benefits for the presence of vital nutrients like vitamin c, b and e along with potassium, fiber, magnesium and minimal calories in it. Read ahead 10 amazing benefits of unripe green papaya for better health and vitality -
1. Aids digestion: green papaya contains a digestive enzyme namely papain that supplements for lack of gastric juice. It renders benefits in cases of intestinal irritation and excessive mucus in stomach.
2. Soothes inflammation: green papaya has anti-inflammatory properties for benefitting patients of asthma, osteoarthritis, gout and rheumatoid arthritis. It also has vitamin a that decreases lungs' inflammation in smokers. Fresh green papaya juice can also treat inflamed tonsils.
3. Eliminates toxins: the laxative fibers of green papaya get entangled with cancerous toxins and eliminate them via bowel movements. It also renders relief from constipation, piles and diarrhea.
6. Eases menstrual pain: consumption of unripe papaya contracts womb's muscles for easy and regulated menstrual flow. It also prevents menstruation cessation.
7. Controls bowel movements: green papaya is anti-parasitic and anti-amoebic in character thus is able to regulate bowel movement that consequently eases constipation, indigestion, acid reflux, ulcers, heartburn and gastric problems.
8. Prevents heart ailment: green papaya maintains regulated blood flow and keeps check on the sodium content present in the body. This reduces the chances of heart ailments.
9. Dissolves extra weight: green papaya is full of vitamin a, c and e for trimming down extra pounds.
10. Develops mammary glands: the enzymes present in green papaya develop mammary glands and increases the production of breast enhancing hormones. Its content of vitamin a stimulates the secretion of ovarian estrogen and female hormones.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.