Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saravanan Periasami
Submit a review for Dr. Saravanan PeriasamiYour feedback matters!
Pathologist given following test report Material Sent: COLONOSCOPIC biopsy for HPE Clinical Diagnosis: Ca. Ascending colon Gross: Received Multiple soft tissue bits aggregately measure 0.5x0.4x0.3 cm in size. Submitted entirely for processing. Microscopy: Adenocarcinoma colon What does it indicates. This is my Grandpa's Report
What are the symptoms of early cancer. Any normal cheap test for confirmation the cancer present in body.
I am aged 56 year suffering from prostate enlargement for the last one year. On the other hand I have a problem of erectile dysfunction. I would like to know whether the problem of erectile dysfunction is related to prostrate enlargement kindly advice.
My dad aged 58 years recently got his abdominal ultrasound done. Everything is normal except for prostate which is weighing 36 grams. No other issues seen. Please advise if this requires further check-up/testing/medical opinion? Thanks.
Hi doctor My breast sizes are different. My right side breast is 2 cms bigger than my left one. One of my friend said it is one of the symptoms of early cancer of breast and she only said but breast cancer may start after 40. Is it right. Tell me the details and the possible methods to make my both breasts equal.
My wife stopped breastfeeding, now she feeling pain on breast, SO please advise the solution for pain. Feeling pain up To shoulder Too painful.
Dear doctor, Please help and advice. I'm a Omani national I had a small tongue surgery for the removal of small tissue After surgery doctors send the tissue to laboratory and said that I have tongue cancer I have attached the report for your review kindly advice if this is something serious or there is nothing to worry Because doctors here are not really sure 'I m ready to travel to India if needed. Here the doctors are again saying that they need to do tongue surgery again. I'm desperately waiting for reply. Kindly also send me the details tongue cancer doctor whom I can reach.
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored.