Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello Sir/Madam, I have inquiry related to my wife she is 29 year old ,she is suffering from breast fibroadenoma in both side breast ,total number of 7 lumps in both breast, please suggest me preferred treatment.
I am 32 years aged and since last 10 years I am using tobacco and cigarette but recently I quit it. Now I just wanted to have body checkup for any kind of cancer or any other disease. Please suggest the best recommended test or scan to identify the disease, if any. I just wanted to be rest assured that I am fit.
Hello doctor. I have been diagnosed with enlargement of prostrate gland 5 years back. I am taking flodart 0.4 mg. The problem is under control. Which homeopathic medicine should I take?? suggest please thank you.
I am 28 years old, from last months I found a kind of lump in under arm area. Sometime I feel pain in this area. I am scared, is it breast cancer.
Does it make sense to get a comprehensive check done for cancer markers once you reach the age of 50?
Prolonged use of johnson and johnson baby powder and other talcum base product if use for decade for female hygiene can lead to ovarian cancer.
Now it's time to introduce/add society, ayurvedic drugs like ashokarista, pushyanug churna, supari pak, kanchnar guggle etc along with natural panchkarma therapy to fight with cervical cancer these ayurvedic treatment having very good results in such disorder.
Actually 2 months ago, my wife was getting blood in her urine 1 or 2 time and having constant pain in back sometimes and suffered from cough. Around 3 weeks ago she consulted a doctor and she gave her some medicine and said these symptoms are not good for your future. But after taking those medicine she is feeling ok now and nothing is happening now but cough is there. Can you tell me are these the symptoms of cancer? Or is she totally fine now.
How to reduce prostate. He is suffering with it since 1 year and none of the medicines work for him. He is diabetic and ages 58. Please guide us how to treat it. Thank you.
I am 53 yrs old male, I have enlarged prostate (BPH).Sr PSA test is normal.Sonography shows enlarged prostate 60 gms.Having increased frequency of urine more in the night. Please advise some Ayurveda medicine. Is there any cure?
What are the symptoms of cancer and how to see it. Is it heal soon with treatment or medicines? Is it sure to have diabetes while having cancer?
2013 dec i tested for PSA whcih shows10.5 .i took ayurvedic medicines for about 6 months and now the reading is 6.58 .should i undergo BIOpse
I have multiple fibroadenoma on my body, on my leg and on my hands, Does fibroadenoma causes cancer.
Today is the WORLD CANCER DAY and the theme of this year is "We can, I can".... Yes we all can battle the cancer. But the irony is that majority of women ignore early signs and symptoms of cancer and do not consult doctors in time. And even some of these cancers are preventable if proper action is taken.
- What will you do if you feel gaseous distension (gas, bloating), acidity, constipation, change in bowel habit, decreased appetite, feeling of full stomach, weight loss and abdominal swellling? Majority of the women ignore these symptoms and take antacids before it is too late. But these are often symptoms of early ovarian cancer and thus if you ignore these symptoms, you are harming yourself. Ovarian cancer is difficult to treat if detected at late stage. But in early stage, it is curable. So, don't ignore these symptoms.
- Who are the women at risk of ovarian cancer- women who are not having baby, who themselves or close relatives (sister/ mother/ daughter) had history of cancer in breast/ ovary/ bowel/ uterus etc. But some women are at lower risk like those using Oral Contraceptive Pills- OCP(- the birth control pills can reduce the risk by 50%) and who had tubal ligation (permanent family lanning methods).
- If you had such risk factors, you must not avoid any such above mentioned symptoms. Rather you should consult gynecologist early. Ovarian cancer can be detected by ultrasound, CT scan, some blood tests (CA 125) and some cases biopsy may be needed. And remember, majority of the ovarian diseases are NOT cancer but you must be sure that it's not cancer causing your problem.
- If ovarian cancer is diagnosed, the treatment is surgery (to be done by expert personnels) and most of the women need chemotherapy.
- Ovarian cancer is common in elderly women but it can afect younger women also. So, all the women should take care of the above mentioned symptoms
Cancer of Cervix: Cervix is the mouth of the terus. In our country, this is the COMMONEST CANCER in GYNAECOLOGY affecting women whereas it is uncommon in the Western countries. The irony is that women die of this disease whereas it is TOTALLY PREVENTABLE
- It is caused by a virus (human papilloma virus- HPV) that is sexually transmitted (so afects sexually active women). But it has a peculiar feature that before cancer actually occurs, there is precancerous stage- when the cells of cervix shows some changes that we can detect and treat. So, if women regularly consult doctor (WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS), we can check if she is at risk of cervical cancer or not, by some simple tests (Pap Smear, HPV testing etc). Is such changes are found (that is not cancer) we can treat her so that she does not develop cancer. These method of detection, before disease occurs or before an individual feels that she is having disease, is called "Screening".
- Another method of preventing it is vaccination of HPV, that should be given to the adolescent girls before they become sexually active. Even it can be given in older women (who are sexually active), although the response is somehow lower than if given at early age. But vaccination is not alternative to screening. SO, both screening and vaccination should be done to prevent this cancer.
- Even if detected at early stage, it is totally curable. So, women should not ignore symptoms of excessive vaginal discharge (remember, all excessive discharges are not due to cancer), abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding, bleeding occuring unredictably in between menstrualtion, bleeding after intercourse etc.
- It is treated by surgery and some cases may need radiation also.
Cancer of uterus
- Cancer of uterus is common after 50 years of age (although can occur at early years also). It is the commonest gynaecological cancer in the Western World. It mainly occurs in women who are obese (excessive weight), having diabetes or hypertension (high blood pressure), not having any baby, who are having personal or family history of cancer in uterus/ breast/ ovary/ bowel.
- It can be prevented by taking OCP (birth control pils) and controlling weight. In many cases, it is also preceeded by some precancerous changes (hyperplasia) that can be detected by ultrasonography and if needed small biopsy procedure.
- The common symptoms are abnormal heavy bleeding and bleeding after attaining menopause (after totall stoppage of menses). So, any abnormal menstrual bleeding must be properly investigated.
- It is usually well curable if treated early- by surgery and in few cases, may need radiation, chemo or hormone therapy.
Cancer of Vulva: The external genitalia of female is known as vulva. Cancer in vulva is relatively uncommon but still it can happen, especially those who are having diabetes, HIV positive or those having poor hygiene.
- Never ignore any symptoms of excessive itching in your private parts. It may be the early symptom of vulval cancer. Some cases, patient may have ulcer or tumour or bleeding.
- It can be detected easily by examination by doctor and then taking biopsy. It is treated well with surgery and some cases, radiation may be needed.
Sumary: Majority of the gynaecological cacers are preventable. They can be diagnosed early if women consult doctor at early stage. Majority of them respond to treatment.